Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: GOP Debate tonight
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:08 pm 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

Anyone watching it?

I think it's time that they bite the bullet and they drop out to take on Trump. Otherwise, it's game over for them. The problem is they are all too stubborn to do it.

Post subject: Re: GOP Debate tonight
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:47 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I'll watch parts of it. Mainly to see how entertaining it is because of Trump and who will try and take him down.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:35 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Must see TV. This is unprecedented. I don't know WTF is wrong with the Republican establishment. Hillary is the enemy. I'm no fan of Trump but if Mitt Romney went after Obama with the same vigor maybe we wouldn't be in this mess with Trump. Don't they see how obvious they look? Even Rubio has dissapointed me. He was a class act until last week. TRUMP is not a politician. He doesn't know any better. But he will be the nominee because it's so obvious they can't control him. The Democrats, the GOP, the media , the more they resist the more people are coming out to support him. The GOP should be embracing all the new votes, the young the old, the hispanics, even ex democrats. WTF is wrong with these power hungry butthole?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:43 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I got my popcorn ready.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:39 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

And I just got done watching John Oliver's segment about Donald Trump coincidentally. It just made this a lot funnier.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:46 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Candidates talking about penis size. Good job, GOP.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:15 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Man... How can anyone vote for Donald Trump... Just wow.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:32 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

1984phins wrote:
Candidates talking about penis size. Good job, GOP.

Well the democrats definitely wont have that problem with a 74 yr old man and a Woman. Then again........nah I wont go there. :yay:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:44 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Cathal wrote:

I saw this quote tonight and it hit home to me:

Quote:
"It seems as though they're trying to play Donald J. Trump's game, instead of their own. What's critical in this election is that they stay true to themselves! Because if they lose that, there's nothing left."

Marco Rubio disappointed me this past week. He had a bad debate where he froze and repeated himself , then he got some really bad advice and hired an insult comic to write bad jokes that he repeated. I'm pretty convinced Marco is done. Cruz is a smart bastard and a heck of a debater but he just does not come off as genuine. Kasich had the best showing by just keeping quiet and making the most of when he was asked a question. Is it too little too late? I dont know. With 17 GOP candidates Trump had to be loudest to be heard. Now its more about substance. As people get to know the real candidates Trump could lose ground to Kasich.

If Kasich starts winning more states (big IF) it could give the Republicans at the convention enough juice to pick Kasich over Trump despite the popular vote. But as it is they have no leg to stand on . I liked Kasichs point about being in the Arena also. They are gladiators fighting right now, but when the dust settles its going to be all about Hillary. Thats the message that needs to be sent. They will ALL back the GOP candidate. The best one with the best chance to beat Hillary needs to get the Nod. Not who the GOP can control. That doomed us to 8 yrs of Barry.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:17 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Cathal wrote:

The same question can be asked about any of the other candidates except John Kasich.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:46 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Rich wrote:
Cathal wrote:

The same question can be asked about any of the other candidates except John Kasich.

The same question can be asked about any candidates (including Kasich). Trump just takes it to an entirely different level. He's a big baby up there, with the "little man" and "Lying Cruz" remarks while they are talking. It's incredibly akin to a child holding his hands in his ears going "blah blah blah" if I talk louder no one else will hear you. Entertaining, but that's about it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:05 am 

Cathal wrote:
Rich wrote:
Cathal wrote:

The same question can be asked about any candidates (including Kasich). Trump just takes it to an entirely different level. He's a big baby up there, with the "little man" and "Lying Cruz" remarks while they are talking. It's incredibly akin to a child holding his hands in his ears going "blah blah blah" if I talk louder no one else will hear you. Entertaining, but that's about it.

Sorry, but Kasich from an experience, accomplishment, background and message level is above the rest, including Clinton and Sanders.

He worked with a Democrat president to balance the budget. The last time it was done, he was the architect of that budget. He has improved things in Ohio, a purple state, and he is popular there with both sides. He doesn't have any significant scandals awaiting him. He's not busy attacking other people.

I know he isn't the prettiest girl in the room, but he is more qualified and viable than the rest. It is a shame he has no shot to win.

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]