Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:16 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

1984phins wrote:
We will have Europe? You mean full coverage for everyone? Oh, don't get me excited, MiamiMenace!

Our number of uninsured people has done down by about 17 million. I believe that's a good thing at the end of the day while admitting it's not been perfect.

The question though, is why don't you direct your anger at greedy insurance companies?

Have you ever read the horror stories coming out of the UK's universal health care system?

You're trying to use emotion to guilt people into some fairy tale vision that doesn't exist anywhere on this planet.

And the number you're using is just Medicaid expansion at the cost of other plans.

I believe the argument that has been used over and over again is to open up a completely free market for health insurance, not allowing states to dictate what can and cannot be sold. Why not get the government out of the way and allow the companies to compete and reduce their bottom lines out of fear of losing customers?

Insurance companies stink, but they alone aren't the reason for high medical costs. Maybe we should direct our anger at the cost of schooling, the insane state costs of licensing and mandatory insurance, etc. etc.

Everyone has their hand in the cookie jar.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:01 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

1984phins wrote:
We will have Europe? You mean full coverage for everyone? Oh, don't get me excited, MiamiMenace!

Our number of uninsured people has done down by about 17 million. I believe that's a good thing at the end of the day while admitting it's not been perfect.

The question though, is why don't you direct your anger at greedy insurance companies?

I think that 17 million number is wrong. It is more like 29 million.

Also, what is the value of being insured if you can't find a doctor to take your insurance? That's what happened to my mom. She was on Obamacare for 4 months and the closest doctor she could find that was "still taking Obamacare patients" was in the Florida Keys.

So... what is the value of that?

She could just go to the local clinic and pay $50 for her yearly check up.

As far as the "greedy insurance companies", do you understand how experience analysis works? I work in insurance. Rating is heavily regulated by the (guess who) government. Insurance companies have to submit extensive documentation, including loss ratios, severity factors, etc in order to get rates approved.

The "greedy insurance companies" are simply producing new rates based on how much Americans are using their insurance plans, and the states are approving these rates.

Why are the rates so high? Could it be the high cost of medicine? Why is medicine so expensive in the U.S.? Is that the fault of the insurance companies? All they are paying is what the doctors are charging.

Why are doctors charging so much? Could it be because medicine is in high demand? Because Americans get sick more, weigh more, etc because they don't take care of themselves?

Could it be that the FDA, a government agency, promulgates a diet that is unhealthy?

Sounds to me like the issue isn't really insurance companies afterall. Perhaps it is the same government creating the problem that is now solving the problem. And taxing us more in the process.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:51 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

1984phins wrote:

Hey if your Goal is too just get "everyone" insured under an umbrella than great. Obama is on track. But I know I had way better and much cheaper medical coverage 4-5 yrs ago.

Doctor Sums Up Obamacare In One Sentence:

http://cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister ... e-sentence

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2