Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Last nights debate?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:15 am 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

Just curious what all of you fellas thought of last nights debate?

I think Cruz/Rubio/Carson did well for themselves.
Fiorina has taken a slight backseat to the big players lately imo.
Rand/Huckabee are done at this point imo. It's a shame becuase I heart Rand, it's just reality.
Jeb did poorly last night imo, as well as the others.

I will say that Christie made a splash with the fantasy football deal, but other than that, he's still a rhino.

Post subject: Re: Last nights debate?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:23 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Imo Cruz won the debate with Rubio 2nd and possibly Christie in third, I agree that Christie is a Rihno just talking about peoples impressions. In the polls I am not sure it will matter to much. Trump did ok the mods were so bad they even had other canididates standing up for him. Carson did ok too. I am for Carson but sometimes when he talks he looks uncomfortable and he makes me feel uncomfortable for him. Cruz and Rubio may get the biggest bump in the polls. Bush I think lost the debate. Well maybe the moderators lost the debate and Bush next. The others meh ...

Fiorina I thought did the best job of explaining the difference between the problems of big government verses small government positions and the difference it makes for people. She should become a or the spokesperson for the Republicans.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:36 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Rubio destroyed Bush. Ouch. He looked silly pompous and lost. Huckabee, Rand , Fiorina, Kasich are done. Rubio is a great speaker and did well , as well as Cruz. I think Carson and Trump held their own but made no new points. You either like them or you dont. The winner of the night , from my perspective was Cruz.

The Mods were the worst I ever saw. Not professional or unbiased. They better get on the ball for the presidential debates and get some unbiased professionals.

I was really glad when they stuck together at the end. Cruz and Huckabee get big kudos for that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:38 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Almost forgot. ....props to Jeb Bush. He might be a complete dweeb but he picked Ryan Tanehill on his fantasy football team! !!! :hithead: :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:36 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Rubio had the most notable moment of the debate and squashed his in-state rival in the process.

Rubio is the Republican Obama. Young, brilliant speaker, he is really positioning himself well.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:10 am 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

Rich wrote:
Rubio had the most notable moment of the debate and squashed his in-state rival in the process.

Rubio is the Republican Obama. Young, brilliant speaker, he is really positioning himself well.

I agree. The only issue I think he will face that is legitimate, and I honestly haven't done the research YET, but will try to get to it today is his personal finances.

Had a guy at the watercooler this morning say, "How can a guy who can't handle his own personal finances run the country and get it out of debt?"

Which is easy to answer, however, I don't know Rubio's personal finance situation.

At this point in time I think it's between Cruz and Rubio, I could probably live with either one of them getting the nod, for the simple fact that I think either one of them would destroy Clinton in a "debate". If the mods would let them get into some good stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:43 am 

Coots wrote:
Rich wrote:

I agree. The only issue I think he will face that is legitimate, and I honestly haven't done the research YET, but will try to get to it today is his personal finances.

Had a guy at the watercooler this morning say, "How can a guy who can't handle his own personal finances run the country and get it out of debt?"

Which is easy to answer, however, I don't know Rubio's personal finance situation.

At this point in time I think it's between Cruz and Rubio, I could probably live with either one of them getting the nod, for the simple fact that I think either one of them would destroy Clinton in a "debate". If the mods would let them get into some good stuff.

Obama was meeting with domestic terrorists and people who hate this country and he seemed to get elected just fine.

I know, I know, there is a media double standard, but I think Rubio is more than capable of deflecting this issue.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:16 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Looks like the GOP is finally uniting. They cut all ties with CNBC for the disgusting display of democratic bias in the mods:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... d=U146HDHP

I really liked seeing everyone band together , especially Ted Cruz , but I have to think that Trump is the one behind this decision. He was at war earlier with Telemundo and started a boycott against them this summer. That's how he gets things done. Cutting them out is exactly the message they needed to send. :yay:

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]