View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 New England 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post New England
I find it amazing that New England found a way to hold New Orleans tight end Jimmy Graham to ZERO catches. Sproles to 15 yards rushing and 58 yards receiving and Marcus Colston to 1 catch for a meager 11 yards.

The Patriots are like a bad penny that just keeps coming back. I am so sick of them year in and year out taking control of the AFC East. My hope is somehow, someway that the Dolphins cure their offensive line woes....I don't know how, but I hope it happens.

There is talent all over our team that will just simply get wasted around the horrible line protection for Tanny.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:02 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: New England
Great coaches do more with less.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:24 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

10acjed wrote:
Great coaches do more with less.

Not a coach in Miami would have ever thought to defend Graham that way. Miami fans can hate BB all day long, but the man is one heck of a coach.

Lets not forget that his D held the Saints twice when all they needed was one first down to win the game.

Miami is doomed when they play them. Outside a injury to Brady.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:47 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

We were effective when covering Jimmy Graham with a cornerback... but when he was matched up against linebackers and safeties, he did most of his damage.

He did have a catch against a corner and a safety for a touchdown against us, but the coverage was pretty good, it was just an amazing catch.

I would have put Brent Grimes on Sproles and Nolan Carroll on Jimmy Graham and take my chances letting Marques Colston beat us.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:44 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Belichick puts his best players on their best players. Miami relies more on scheme.
That's why our defense typically struggles against veteran QBs. They recognize the scheme and know where to attack.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:09 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Finhead34 wrote:
I find it amazing that New England found a way to hold New Orleans tight end Jimmy Graham to ZERO catches. Sproles to 15 yards rushing and 58 yards receiving and Marcus Colston to 1 catch for a meager 11 yards.

The Patriots are like a bad penny that just keeps coming back. I am so sick of them year in and year out taking control of the AFC East. My hope is somehow, someway that the Dolphins cure their offensive line woes....I don't know how, but I hope it happens.

There is talent all over our team that will just simply get wasted around the horrible line protection for Tanny.

I seriously think the Saints went into NE a bit too cocky. You could even see it in the last few minutes of the game aka they never thought Brady's weapons were capable of mounting a comeback.

NE isn't as good as past years but their coaching is good enough to take on anyone. But man are those injuries mounting...

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:11 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

But man are those injuries mounting...

With a Belicheck coached team, they don't fret injuries. The last time they didn't make the playoffs because Brady went down, they STILL won 11 games that year. I wouldn't put too much into the injury side, now of course when Miami guys get injured it is a major void to fill, but as much as I hate NE, they have awesome coaching all over the board.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:31 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Finhead34 wrote:
But man are those injuries mounting...

With a Belicheck coached team, they don't fret injuries. The last time they didn't make the playoffs because Brady went down, they STILL won 11 games that year. I wouldn't put too much into the injury side, now of course when Miami guys get injured it is a major void to fill, but as much as I hate NE, they have awesome coaching all over the board.

If they lose Talib and Mayo for an extended period of time it will have an impact.

They still have games in Miami, in Carolina, in Baltimore and they host Denver. Those are tough matchups.

My money is still on NE to win the division, but they can't keep losing key players and expecting the same results. When you win a game you're expected to lose teams will take notice. See the Miami victories over Atlanta and Indianapolis.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:44 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

We will beat them at home. We will win the division.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:11 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

They just put Talib on Graham and dared them to use someone else to beat them. That didn't happen.

Well played New England.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:34 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

NE is a great team no question but my observation over the years is that additionaly they are an extremly lucky team while the Fins are just the opposite in the luck department, all things even out over time so things should change.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:46 pm

silentfaith wrote:
NE is a great team no question but my observation over the years is that additionaly they are an extremly lucky team while the Fins are just the opposite in the luck department, all things even out over time so things should change.

well that luck is two fold. 1. They put teams under a lot of pressure. Pressure leads to poor decisions by the other team (Saints going for TD rather than kick a FG).
They also get favorable officiating. They can plug in the most raw rookie FA and he'll play better because he doesn't get flagged for holding, PI or other things. I mean how in the world do you get a neutral zone infraction turned into a false start?

Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:56 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
4th and 1 at NE 38 (Pass formation) PENALTY on NO, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at NE 38 - No Play. penalty attributed to right side of line
4th and 6 at NE 43 T.Morstead punts 30 yards to NE 13, Center-J.Drescher, fair catch by J.Edelman.

Did anyone see this call? It was a game changer.

They always get the calls...They also got a pi that was rubbish

Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:59 pm

Yeah it sucked. No question the refs blew it and it came at a really bad time for NO. If they make that, a FG is almost certain.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:08 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
Yeah it sucked. No question the refs blew it and it came at a really bad time for NO. If they make that, a FG is almost certain.

Atleast...And if they get the right call they made it!........I watched that reply 4 or 5 times(and the had some great angles on the broadcast) and still didn't see movement until the guy was in the nuetral zone

Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:18 pm

I just re-watched that last 2:43..NO ball, 2nd and 6 on the Patriots 28 or something like that. With the lead, the ball they go 3 and out in 9 seconds (last play was an incomplete pass) and kick a FG. NE gets the ball...first and 10 Brady throws a long ball and its picked off. NO ball, 3 downs and the Patriots have 1 TO left. NO runs 2 plays for no gain and its 3rd and 10 at the two minute warning. Brees is sacked on a designed roll out and the clock ticks down to a minute 30 seconds when Brady gets the ball at his 35. He promptly marches downfield for the go ahead score.
Pressure mistakes - 1 tackle out of bounds when the defender had control all he had to do was keep him in and he threw him toward the sideline.
First series pass on 3rd down...run it and Brady runs out of time.
NO defense letting a guy get in the endzone with 10 seconds left with only 1 guy on him. They rushed 3 and still had a TO to gather themselves.

Amazing 2 minutes of football. I hate Brady but that was freaking nasty.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:37 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
(No Huddle) T.Brady pass incomplete short middle to K.Thompkins. PENALTY on NO-M.Jenkins, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at NE 37.

What did you think of this play?.....

Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:47 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post this in the proper forum..lol

Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:53 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

New England at this point will give Miami fits. I hope we can get wins over Buffalo and Cincy at home to gain some confidence going into New England.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:06 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Finhead34 wrote:
New England at this point will give Miami fits. I hope we can get wins over Buffalo and Cincy at home to gain some confidence going into New England.

NE comes before Cincy, unfortunately creating a short week to prepare for the Bengals.

Miami's main objective versus the Bills should be to establish the run, limit the hits on Tannehill, and put up 3-4 TDs.

This will give NE something to think about the following Sunday, plus if Mayo and Talib are hurt it gives Miami the chance to hopefully use play action.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:08 am

Kev1321 wrote:
Quote:
(No Huddle) T.Brady pass incomplete short middle to K.Thompkins. PENALTY on NO-M.Jenkins, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at NE 37.

What did you think of this play?.....

Was that the one where Thompkins bobbled the pass and the guy hit him and his facemask touched the guys helmet and they threw a flag?

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:23 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

That was such a great pass and catch.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/10/14/week-6-decisive-moments/

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:05 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Look at that sweet hold by the left tackle in the first pick.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:42 pm

AmericAdam wrote:
Look at that sweet hold by the left tackle in the first pick.

Doesn't get much more blatant than that.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]