Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Reggie Bush
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:36 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 546
What a great game that kid had. Nice to see the saints orginization and the saint fans stick with him. The amount of hype he had coming in the league as the #2 overall pick he has come a long way. I bet their glad they didn't write him off or try to trade him off for nothing.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Reggie Bush
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
MTFan wrote:
What a great game that kid had. Nice to see the saints orginization and the saint fans stick with him. The amount of hype he had coming in the league as the #2 overall pick he has come a long way. I bet their glad they didn't write him off or try to trade him off for nothing.


I don't think anyone (except maybe Cam Cameron) would ever have written off a talent like Reggie Bush...especially in a wide open offense like Sean Payton has installed. Bush will never be a premier or every down back, but he certainly has what it takes to make an explosive play.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Reggie Bush
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
I just realized I probably walked right into a "so we shouldn't give up on Ginn" statement...but it's quite the opposite. Ginn just doesn't cut the mustard as a football player. Bush can make guys miss, and even run over a DB...the only thing Ginn can run over is some hurdles. He's fast and belongs on a track, not a football field.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Reggie Bush
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:43 am 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 546
I absolutely was referring to Ginn. The same things were said about Bush his first couple years in the league.

Nice to see a franchise not give up on a guy that they picked #2, had a little patience and he put them in the NFC championship game.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Reggie Bush
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4321
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Yea well, Reggie Bush can cut inside every now and then....


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Reggie Bush
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Ski_Money wrote:
Yea well, Reggie Bush can cut inside every now and then....


:)
not only that, but Reggie Bush did NOT take New Orleans to a championship game. More like Drew Brees, his receivers, Darren Sharper and Sean Payton did. Put those guys in Miami, and Ted Ginn would still be mediocre.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Reggie Bush
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4321
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Mediocre means seldom gets open but catches the ball. What do you call it when it's seldom gets open and can't catch a cold while butt naked in anartica?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Reggie Bush
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Ski_Money wrote:
Mediocre means seldom gets open but catches the ball. What do you call it when it's seldom gets open and can't catch a cold while butt naked in anartica?


Well that is just down right terrible, but what elevates him to mediocre is the occasional ability to return a kick.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Reggie Bush
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4321
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Too bad there isn't 54 spots on the roster so we could keep a return man.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Reggie Bush
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:01 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 546
Iowafin wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
Yea well, Reggie Bush can cut inside every now and then....


:)
not only that, but Reggie Bush did NOT take New Orleans to a championship game. More like Drew Brees, his receivers, Darren Sharper and Sean Payton did. Put those guys in Miami, and Ted Ginn would still be mediocre.


Ski - yeah well, touche

Iowa - Bush had his best day as a pro in that game, yes Bush was one of the biggest reasons the Saints won that game, kid was unreal.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Reggie Bush
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
MTFan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
Yea well, Reggie Bush can cut inside every now and then....


:)
not only that, but Reggie Bush did NOT take New Orleans to a championship game. More like Drew Brees, his receivers, Darren Sharper and Sean Payton did. Put those guys in Miami, and Ted Ginn would still be mediocre.


Ski - yeah well, touche

Iowa - Bush had his best day as a pro in that game, yes Bush was one of the biggest reasons the Saints won that game, kid was unreal.


If you want to believe that, go ahead. The score was 45-14. If you think Bush took them there, or was even a big reason, go right ahead.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Reggie Bush
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:54 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:13 pm
Posts: 30
He played good against a bad defence AZ.

Tonight he did crap except for a broken play TD which was big for them LOL
but none the less not very productive.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Reggie Bush
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:18 am 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 546
Big Lu wrote:
He played good against a bad defence AZ.

Tonight he did crap except for a broken play TD which was big for them LOL
but none the less not very productive.



especially that muffed punt return. To bad the Vikes couldn't execute a handoff and make 'em pay.

They need to cut that guy or trade him for a 4th rounder.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Reggie Bush
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
MTFan wrote:
Big Lu wrote:
He played good against a bad defence AZ.

Tonight he did crap except for a broken play TD which was big for them LOL
but none the less not very productive.



especially that muffed punt return. To bad the Vikes couldn't execute a handoff and make 'em pay.

They need to cut that guy or trade him for a 4th rounder.


I surely hope you're joking.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Reggie Bush
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4321
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Is he refering to AP? Cut?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Reggie Bush
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:25 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 546
Ski_Money wrote:
Is he refering to AP? Cut?


no Bush, and I was joking, a little


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Reggie Bush
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
I think Bush's thing, as with Ginn, is being afraid to play physical. The past couple games he (bush) has been lowering his shoulder and hitting guys, and it has helped him tremendously. It's been said over and over, but if Bush can learn to run some guys over and not be afraid to take hits, he can be one helluva rb.

_________________
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r