View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 So after Luck it's......... 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post So after Luck it's.........
Jones, Barkley, Griffin III, and I don't know who else. I've only paid attention to those QB's this year. Does anybody have info on the kid from Arizona or Arizona St? Or maybe some QB's we that are off the radar because Luck seems like just a dream now...

I'm glad we won but darn I wanted Luck..... :cry: :yay:

Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:47 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: So after Luck it's.........
I just lost what I was going to post, so I'll just make this short.

As far as the ASU and Arizona QB's, I know nothing about Osweiler. Don't like Foles at all.

I'm not a fan of Tannehill. Need to watch more of Barkley and Lindley before giving an opinion.

Jones and Weeden are the real deal. Griffin is interesting as a developmental guy, although I would never spend a 1st round pick on a developmental QB.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:59 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
I just lost what I was going to post, so I'll just make this short.

As far as the ASU and Arizona QB's, I know nothing about Osweiler. Don't like Foles at all.

I'm not a fan of Tannehill. Need to watch more of Barkley and Lindley before giving an opinion.

Jones and Weeden are the real deal. Griffin is interesting as a developmental guy, although I would never spend a 1st round pick on a developmental QB.

I also like Weeden but isn't he like 30 years old already? My favorite is Jones right now but Barkley is growing on me.

Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:50 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The only guy I'd be happy with after Luck would be Ryan Tannehill. He's playing great now, and he doesn't appear to have hit his ceiling yet.

Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:14 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

MdDolfan wrote:
My favorite is Jones right now but Barkley is growing on me.

I'm in agreement with you. I was anti-Barkley for a while but after watching him play I'm impressed. I still prefer a QB who can really get zip on his throws but Barkley seems to have good anticipation and touch which make up for the zip.

The only thing I fear with Jones is that he seems to have a bit of that Favre/Henne "I trust my arm too much" style which could lead to early problems. All the criticism about him being to slow or crumbling under pressure I disagree with. Quick release, good reads and some nice throws on the run are what I've seen this year.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:40 am

jammer wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:

I'm in agreement with you. I was anti-Barkley for a while but after watching him play I'm impressed. I still prefer a QB who can really get zip on his throws but Barkley seems to have good anticipation and touch which make up for the zip.

The only thing I fear with Jones is that he seems to have a bit of that Favre/Henne "I trust my arm too much" style which could lead to early problems. All the criticism about him being to slow or crumbling under pressure I disagree with. Quick release, good reads and some nice throws on the run are what I've seen this year.

I love Jones. He's a little erratic with his accuracy near the sideline, but he reminds me a lot of Aaron Rodgers. I think he's the type of QB that day 1 will have a lot of ups and a lot of downs, but if he's developed right, I think he can be a Matt Stafford/Matt Ryan type of top 10 QB. Not elite, but good enough.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:30 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Iowafin wrote:
The only guy I'd be happy with after Luck would be Ryan Tannehill. He's playing great now, and he doesn't appear to have hit his ceiling yet.

Sorry for sounding ignorant but who does he play for? I've never seen any of his games...

Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:35 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
jammer wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:

I loved the way he stood tall in the pocket against my Noles. I was so impressed because we were beating him down but he never looked shook (deer in headlights) to me. And then when they needed a play the most he throws a strike to Browles and takes a hell of a hit. Get's back up and does it again. I know he's been a little up and down but I've seen more good than bad. Hopefully the Colts win some games and this discussion will be a mute point!

I love Jones. He's a little erratic with his accuracy near the sideline, but he reminds me a lot of Aaron Rodgers. I think he's the type of QB that day 1 will have a lot of ups and a lot of downs, but if he's developed right, I think he can be a Matt Stafford/Matt Ryan type of top 10 QB. Not elite, but good enough.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:39 pm

I've fallen in love with Barkley tonight...and Robert Griffin.

Luck is still the clear cut #1, but Barkley, Griffin and Jones are all very good too. I'll be satisfied with any of the three of those guys.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:31 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
I've fallen in love with Barkley tonight...and Robert Griffin.

Luck is still the clear cut #1, but Barkley, Griffin and Jones are all very good too. I'll be satisfied with any of the three of those guys.

Agreed! and judging by the way the Dolphins are playing we are out of the top 5....

Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:06 pm

So Barkley was decent last night......

6 TD's, 0 INT's, 400+ yards...

There are rumors that he will stay in school because of how well USC finished the year, as the thought is they could chase a National Title next season. Hopefully that isn't the case.

If he comes out, he's cemented himself as the 2nd best QB in this draft, period. The gap between him and Jones/Griffin is pretty significant at this point. If Miami wants him, they'll have to put a really sweet package together to trade up ahead of Seattle and Washington.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:41 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
So Barkley was decent last night......

6 TD's, 0 INT's, 400+ yards...

There are rumors that he will stay in school because of how well USC finished the year, as the thought is they could chase a National Title next season. Hopefully that isn't the case.

If he comes out, he's cemented himself as the 2nd best QB in this draft, period. The gap between him and Jones/Griffin is pretty significant at this point. If Miami wants him, they'll have to put a really sweet package together to trade up ahead of Seattle and Washington.

I thought USC was ineligible for this year and next.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:01 pm

Hasnt Griffin had 2 knee surgeries??

Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]