Patriots fail to impress Iowafin
1. They're cheaters, so there's that.
But 2. all the rave about the Patriots being able to own this draft because of their picks was bogus. New England simply is not a good drafting team, and they get a lot of picks because they like to throw crap at the wall and see if it sticks.
1. Nate Solder-solid pick, should help replace Light
2. Ras-I Dowling- who? Runs a 4.46, which isn't terrible, but he won't be able to keep up with Gates, and if Marshall can get healthy, he won't be able to keep up with him either. Still on the board: Aaron Williams and Brandon Harris
3. Shave Vereen- He's all right, but will he be any better than Ben Jimmy Hussein Green Ricardo Ellis? Still on the board: Daniel Thomas, Kendall Hunter, DeMarco Murray and a plethora of better (in my opinion) backs.
4. Steven Ridley- Another RB, and they have BJHGRE and Danny CockDick on the team already. Shows how much faith they have in their previous pick as well.
5. Ryan Mallet- lots of people were clamoring for Mallet on this board, but I wasn't buying. The guy was absolute crap in crutch time as a Razorback. He he huge? Yes. Does he have a cannon? Yes. Is he a poor leader that absolutely crumbles in pressure situations? Yes.
5 picks in the top 74 and New England got 2 backups, and 2 RBs and one solid starter.
What a joke.
Now, since we are all Dolphins, let's accept my opinion as fact and laugh at the Patriots.