View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 WR Jones to have weekend surgery 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post WR Jones to have weekend surgery
Despite having a broken foot, the dude still ran a 4.39 40. If Miami trades down and finds Jones sitting there in the 20's, they should snag him. The guy is a freak....I don't think a little foot fracture will make him obsolete.

Quote:
Alabama wide receiver Julio Jones will have surgery on his fractured foot this weekend, his agents, Pat Dye Jr. and Jimmy Sexton, said Wednesday.

The surgery might not allow Jones to work out before the NFL Draft in late April, but the likely first-round pick is believed to be in line for a complete recovery after 6 to 8 weeks.

Dr. Bob Anderson, a noted orthopedic surgeon, will perform the operation Saturday in Charlotte, N.C.

Jones' fracture was discovered at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis last weekend, but he participated in all drills and was one of the event's outstanding performers. His injury is similar to that suffered by current San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree at the 2009 combine.

NFL Network analyst Charley Casserly first reported Monday that Jones will have a screw inserted in the foot.

Jones was impressive during the gauntlet drills Sunday, showing fluidity, good hands and body control while maintaining focus. And while his broad jump was best among receivers (11 feet, 3 inches -- 2 inches below the combine’s best since 2000), what caught notice was Jones posting the third-fastest 40-yard dash time at 4.39 seconds. Impressive, given that Jones measured in at 6-foot-2 3/4 and 220 pounds.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d ... _headlines

Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:12 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: WR Jones to have weekend surgery
Forget trading down. If he is there at 15 you take him.

He's the only player I would stay at 15 for in this entire draft (out of the realistic possibilities....obviously Green, Peterson, etc. are obvious top 5-10 picks).

That said, no way St. Louis passes him up at 14, and I doubt he even gets there...There is a lot of depth at WR, but the gap between Jones and Young/Smith etc. is huge.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:14 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:

He's the only player I would stay at 15 for in this entire draft (out of the realistic possibilities....obviously Green, Peterson, etc. are obvious top 5-10 picks).

That said, no way St. Louis passes him up at 14, and I doubt he even gets there...There is a lot of depth at WR, but the gap between Jones and Young/Smith etc. is huge.

I would not stay at 15 and take anyone. That 2nd round pick is crucial.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:19 pm

Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Yeah, but you don't pass up an elite talent.

Two good players is better than 1, but if you have a shot at an elite talent at a position of need, you don't pass it up unless there is an incredible offer to trade down.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:29 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Yeah, but you don't pass up an elite talent.

Two good players is better than 1, but if you have a shot at an elite talent at a position of need, you don't pass it up unless there is an incredible offer to trade down.

What if that one player just sustained a foot injury? Maybe I'd be too much a chicken to pull the trigger, but I'd rather play the odds and not put my eggs into one basket.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Doesn't sound like the foot injury was too serious. Sounds like he really doesn't even need the surgery, but is just doing it to make sure he'll be 100% rid of this.

That said, we haven't exactly had great luck with picking 4.3-40 WR's who are coming off foot injuries in the first round :)

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:19 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

^ Boy if that ain't the truth.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]