View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Fins seven round mock!! 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Fins seven round mock!!
Round 1. Sean Weatherspoon ILB Missouri
Round 2. Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech
Round 3. Cam Thomas NT North Carolina
Round 4. Jimmy Graham TE Miami
Round 5. Dexter McCluster RB/WR Ole Miss
Round 6. Myron Rolle FS Florida State SUCKS!!! lol
Round 7. Austen Lane OLB Murray State

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:25 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: Fins seven round mock!!
grandbay, I like the Thomas pick along with Graham and Miami obviously has interest in Dexter McCluster. I am not sure Cam Thomas get's to the 3rd round, in fact I don't think he woudl make it to Miami in the 2nd round with Buffalo going to a 3-4 and KC and Denver needing NT also.

Miami has (3) 6th round picks and (2) 7th round picks.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

o well i just put this together real quick but thanks!!!

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:26 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Just letting you know in case you decide to to another mock on how many picks Miami has. Hopefully they will get a 5th round pick from a compensatory standpoint.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:55 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

1- Earl Thomas S-Texas 4.4 40-time, 8 (!) Ints and an absolutely great kid: missed ONE practice in three years, when he called Coach 'Mack and said 'you called a Sunday practice coach, but that's the day I go to church with my family; can I be excused?" He was. Most instinctive player at the position. Goodbye, Gibril Wilson.

2- Jerry Hughes OLB-TCU I do not think he makes it out of the second round, and appeared to be the most viable outside rush 'backer. 4.59 40-time was faster than Pierre-Paul and Kindle by a full half-second. His 26 reps @ 225 was also more than Pierre-Paul and Kindle.

3- Jimmy Graham TE-Miami(Fla.) Likewise, I think after the Combine Mr. Graham won't make it out of the third.

4- Jamar Chaney ILB-Mississippi State

5- Dexter McCluster KR/RB/WR-Ole Miss

6- Marcus Easley WR-UConn

6- Thomas Austin OG-Clemson

6- Jay Ross DT-East Carolina

7- Javarris James RB-Miami(Fla.)

7- Reed Williams ILB-West Virginia

Projected 5th Rd. Compensatory Pick: Antonio Coleman OLB-Auburn

Some will look at the bottom group of names and go who?, but the past has shown us that you can't snag everybody you want, and you don't get every big name out there.
I figure I'll catch the most flak for the East Carolina kid and probably the UConn WR (who is admittedly veeeeery raw).

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:58 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

I added the other picks and moved a couple guys around let me know what yall think.

Round 1. Sean Weatherspoon ILB Missouri
Round 2. Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech
Round 3. Jimmy Graham TE Miami
Round 4. Torrell Troup NT Central Florida
Round 6. Myron Rolle FS Florida State SUCKS!!! lol
Round 6. Charles Scott RB LSU
Round 6. Arthur Moats OLB James Madison
Round 7. O'Brien Schofield OLB Wisconsin
Round 7. Linval Joseph NT East Carolina

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:49 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

pawfectgent wrote:
1- Earl Thomas S-Texas 4.4 40-time, 8 (!) Ints and an absolutely great kid: missed ONE practice in three years, when he called Coach 'Mack and said 'you called a Sunday practice coach, but that's the day I go to church with my family; can I be excused?" He was. Most instinctive player at the position. Goodbye, Gibril Wilson.

2- Jerry Hughes OLB-TCU I do not think he makes it out of the second round, and appeared to be the most viable outside rush 'backer. 4.59 40-time was faster than Pierre-Paul and Kindle by a full half-second. His 26 reps @ 225 was also more than Pierre-Paul and Kindle.

3- Jimmy Graham TE-Miami(Fla.) Likewise, I think after the Combine Mr. Graham won't make it out of the third.

4- Jamar Chaney ILB-Mississippi State

5- Dexter McCluster KR/RB/WR-Ole Miss

6- Marcus Easley WR-UConn

6- Thomas Austin OG-Clemson

6- Jay Ross DT-East Carolina

7- Javarris James RB-Miami(Fla.)

7- Reed Williams ILB-West Virginia

Projected 5th Rd. Compensatory Pick: Antonio Coleman OLB-Auburn

Some will look at the bottom group of names and go who?, but the past has shown us that you can't snag everybody you want, and you don't get every big name out there.
I figure I'll catch the most flak for the East Carolina kid and probably the UConn WR (who is admittedly veeeeery raw).

Lovin the UM picks, although I don't see the room on our roster for 2 RBs .. Mcluster may make for his potential to play multipple positions, but I don't know about javarris unless we can hide him on our practice squad.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:29 am

Yeah, I know RB isn't a priority, I just threw a late-round glimpse at James simply because Cobbs and Brown are both coming off season-ending injuries.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:55 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

With the Signing of Karlos Dansby I figured id make a update..,

Round 1. Dan Williams NT Tenessee
Round 2. Jerry Hughes OLB TCU
Round 3. Jimmy Graham TE Miami
Round 4. Morgan Burnett FS Georgia Tech
Round 6. Dezmon Briscoe WR Kansas State
Round 6. Charles Scott RB LSU
Round 6. Arthur Moats OLB James Madison
Round 7. O'Brien Schofield OLB Wisconsin
Round 7. Linval Joseph NT East Carolina

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:57 pm

Yeah, this is a real kick in the head. Excellent! Goodbye Porter, and we knew Ayodele needed to be upgraded. The Rolando McClain pick that a LOT of mocks had at various times as the 1st Rder kinda get screwed, as I don't think they follow this up with ILB...Hmmmm...the Dolphin Staff coached the Senior Bowl and got a look at a lot of talent. I think Safety will be the pick, but NT is a real possibility as you say.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:05 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

i like the second mock draft ... kinda but do u really think mccluster will drop to the fifth round?? i dont really want the fins to get dan, i didnt hear too much about him in college, and im worried hes not taht good but thats juts my opinion
and for the first mock draft i dont think the fins would take weatherspoon that early... unless they trade

Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:54 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Trade down in the first, pick up another pick and grab a NT.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:03 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I really think getting Mcclain would be the answer. He has great lateral movement. Above average speed and very good at getting depth in coverage. He has good instincts, strong at the point of attack and a very good tackler. The reason I say this is because he is very capable of playing all four LB positions. With Dansby, Crowder, Wake, and maybe JT, McClain will have that chance to develop and still be an impact on every down he plays.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:40 am

finfan808 wrote:
I really think getting Mcclain would be the answer. He has great lateral movement. Above average speed and very good at getting depth in coverage. He has good instincts, strong at the point of attack and a very good tackler. The reason I say this is because he is very capable of playing all four LB positions. With Dansby, Crowder, Wake, and maybe JT, McClain will have that chance to develop and still be an impact on every down he plays.

While this is an intriguing possibility I hadn't thought about until you brought it up, I think we have added the ILB that makes us fairly solid there. He is a big improvement over Akin Ayodele. Would McClain be an improvement over Crowder? I don't know. He'd sure be a nice guy to sit in the wings and spell both of them occasionally, but that means using the #12 on him because he won't fall later. I tend to think with Dansby inked that something other than ILB gets used there. I admit the thought is suddenly interesting to me, but we just signed a NT who won't be here for half the year. We lost a guy who led the team in Sacks two years running, despite the baggage at OLB. We missed on Rolle, and I'm glad we did for the money he got, but FS is fairly thin.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]