View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Sign Drew Stanton 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Sign Drew Stanton
Drew Stanton was my guy years ago but we draft J.Beck 3 or 4 picks earlier. He blew out his knee in his first training camp and he has been fighting back. I doubt the Lions would let him got bu then they are the Lions.

I hate to bring up Madden, the game but............

I finally switched to the PS3 Madden this year (which sucks balls compared to the PS2). EA loves the PS3 because they sell new advertising with each weeks update.

And I started playing online franchises. I'm in seven but only in one did I get the Dolphins in a non fantasy franchise. I'm still getting used to the pS3 Madden and I'm not very good at it.

My first season was tough with defenses just taking Marshall out of the game and I only had 3 WRs and one slow TE.

I added a very good speed WR and a very good speed TE in the first draft. And a good fast Corner and a so so very fast RB/PR/KR.

In the 2nd draft I added a "lesser" 2nd fast TE (Fasano still plays a decent amount, he is a better blocker) a decent fast RB (Ricky retired) A very good FS (Clemons was rated low when we started that franchise) and another very fast RB/PR/KR.

I shifted Marshall to the left side and I have the very fast WR (Scott) on the right side facing their best corner. Plus I have two TEs that can outrun almost every LB and can out muscle safeties.

The Dolphin are now scary to play. I thumped the Jets last week and it was sweet. He would put Revis on Scott but that left Marshall on the other side open to slants etc. So he added a double cover to Marshall's side. Then I started killing him with my main faster TE (James).

The owner of the Jets just did not know the best way to beat me.

I can go two TEs (one of my favorites) which gives me two fast pass catching TE, two very good WRs and I can run well from this formation.

I can now go 4 and even 5 wide. (to show how the old play book was, with the Dolphins the 3rd WR in a 4 or 5 wide is always a TE).

I can still line up in a I or Power I and this is when I bring Sparano into the game.

My point being that adding a tall, very fast WR with good hands and a very fast TE with good hands changed this offense big time.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:41 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Sign Drew Stanton
LikeUntoGod wrote:
Drew Stanton was my guy years ago but we draft J.Beck 3 or 4 picks earlier. He blew out his knee in his first training camp and he has been fighting back. I doubt the Lions would let him got bu then they are the Lions.

I hate to bring up Madden, the game but............

Annnnnd that's when I stopped reading.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:07 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Sign Drew Stanton
I wouldn't mind if Miami took a chance to see if he could compete for the starting job. I wanted Miami to draft him as well, but looking back on it his rear would have been run out of town by now for failing to live up to 2nd round expectations.

Maybe he can become a late bloomer.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]