View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 WR Danario Alexander is our guy 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post WR Danario Alexander is our guy
Danario Alexander 6'5" 215, kid is a beast, reminds me of Marshall/Burress without shooting himself.

2009 stats 113 catches 1,781 yards 14 TDs

This guy's YAC yards are great fits for every yard. And he is at the senior bowl so our coaches can get a close look at him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTDP19DFQjk

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:51 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: WR Danario Alexander is our guy
Iceberg85 wrote:
Danario Alexander 6'5" 215, kid is a beast, reminds me of Marshall/Burress without shooting himself.

2009 stats 113 catches 1,781 yards 14 TDs

This guy's YAC yards are great fits for every yard. And he is at the senior bowl so our coaches can get a close look at him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTDP19DFQjk

There is no reason that Lil Wayne should be making the money that he is. He doesn't sing, he whines, and nothing he says makes sense...it's just a series of rhyming words, or made up words.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:54 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I agree with that, i had to turn the volume off and just watch the highlights

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:01 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Iowafin wrote:
There is no reason that Lil Wayne should be making the money that he is. He doesn't sing, he whines, and nothing he says makes sense...it's just a series of rhyming words, or made up words.
Iceberg85 wrote:
I agree with that, i had to turn the volume off and just watch the highlights

Yo, that video was the %&$# fo shizzle, my nizzle frizzle bo bizzle, dropped outta highscool fo frizzle, Alexander to good fo sho, BP , h1, 2p, gotta draft, me know.

...On a more serious note, the kid is ridiculously talented, but you have to worry about his health. He tore his ACL in his left knee twice.

He is one guy I would not mind taking though in rd. 2.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:03 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I think he will drop lower than that, I think he will be a 3rd or 4th rounder unless he has a great combine and senior bowl

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:53 am

Wow....I have been doing some research on the kid and....wow.

This kid is a top 15 pick had he not tore his ACL. He beat out Jeremy Maclin for a job their sophomore year. Those stats are ridiculous... and his vetical is 4 inches better than Larry Fitzgeralds!

Wow. How the hell did I not know about this kid before last night?? This kid is insane.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:07 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Thats what I am here for :pumpiron:

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:18 am

Lol. Good find Iceberg.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:32 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Not bad.. he sure can take a hit and keep it going... has an amazing stride too.

Injuries are a concern and the broadcaster said "he could turn this into a 1 man show if he wanted to"...

That makes me think there's questions about his drive... would the kid show up every week? Or just when he wants?

Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:47 pm

IamPZ wrote:
Not bad.. he sure can take a hit and keep it going... has an amazing stride too.

Injuries are a concern and the broadcaster said "he could turn this into a 1 man show if he wanted to"...

That makes me think there's questions about his drive... would the kid show up every week? Or just when he wants?

I think you're reading too much into that statement, PZ. I think he just meant that when he's on his game, he's unstopable to stop. Not necassarily that he's good when he feels like it.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:05 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:

This kid is a top 15 pick had he not tore his ACL. He beat out Jeremy Maclin for a job their sophomore year. Those stats are ridiculous... and his vetical is 4 inches better than Larry Fitzgeralds!

Wow. How the hell did I not know about this kid before last night?? This kid is insane.

Had he not tore his ACL? That's the whole point. His vertical jump is no longer what it used to be without a ligament in his knee. His most recent 40 time has been clocked 4.58 I guess...which is relatively slow, but this guy on those videos was deceptively fast. Football fast, not 40 time fast. I think we'll have to watch closely at the combine how his lateral movement and quickness is after that injury. If it's pretty stale, he might slip until the 5th round.
Currently he's at the 3rd round spot, but I think that's all contingent on his pro day and combine workouts.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:17 pm

Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Had he not tore his ACL? That's the whole point. His vertical jump is no longer what it used to be without a ligament in his knee. His most recent 40 time has been clocked 4.58 I guess...which is relatively slow, but this guy on those videos was deceptively fast. Football fast, not 40 time fast. I think we'll have to watch closely at the combine how his lateral movement and quickness is after that injury. If it's pretty stale, he might slip until the 5th round.
Currently he's at the 3rd round spot, but I think that's all contingent on his pro day and combine workouts.

The player in that video is the player you are getting. He tore his ACL his sophomore, and then again his Jr. season. So, that is all senior tape, and I'd say he's made a pretty good recovery.

You're right. He's defenitely got deceptive speed with those long strides. I'm just worried about his acceleration and ability to create seperation. With Sparano, you know that a WR needs to be able to get off the line smoothly in practice to be inserted into the gameday roster, (i.e. Pat Turner and Wilford). At 6'5, 230 with a 46' vertical, who the hell cares how much seperation he gets...but to Coach it matters tons, so that's the only question I have about him.

But in that vid it certainly seems like his knee is just fine...he climbed the latter pretty good on a couple of those clips.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:28 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
The player in that video is the player you are getting. He tore his ACL his sophomore, and then again his Jr. season. So, that is all senior tape, and I'd say he's made a pretty good recovery.

You're right. He's defenitely got deceptive speed with those long strides. I'm just worried about his acceleration and ability to create seperation. With Sparano, you know that a WR needs to be able to get off the line smoothly in practice to be inserted into the gameday roster, (i.e. Pat Turner and Wilford). At 6'5, 230 with a 46' vertical, who the hell cares how much seperation he gets...but to Coach it matters tons, so that's the only question I have about him.

But in that vid it certainly seems like his knee is just fine...he climbed the latter pretty good on a couple of those clips.

Well if that's the case then yes, can he get separation. It seemed in the video that most of the things he ran were screens and drag routes. Those are fine, but usually mean you're catching it on the run. Can he run the routes like a hitch or curl where he's coming back to the ball and has to worry about the defender coming through him? What about the post? He'd be a perfect guy to take in round 3 I think...if he's taken earlier than that, then so be it, but I wouldn't go any higher.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:40 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I agree that the 3rd round is a good spot for him, unless he shows god-like attributes in the Senior bowl and Combine, bad news is he is on the lions staffs senior bowl team, not ours.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:26 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Need speed to get open.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:25 pm

Ski_Money wrote:
Need speed to get open.

Not really.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:35 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phins Rock wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
Need speed to get open.

Not really.

Brandon Marshalls 40 time was 4.57
Alexander's is 4.58
when you are 6'5" like he is and marshall is 6'4" there is other ways to get open

Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:30 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I like this kid he is a stud, but way to injury pron i would take a shot with him in 3rd or 4th maybe trade up to the 5th to take him

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:12 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

A couple of draft sites say he is very talented but his route running and drive were a question. On a good note he was the team captain, so he must have been a leader guys looked up to.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:22 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Seems like more often than not he lets the ball get into his body, but he could definitely be a top 100 guy.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:34 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Missouri WR Danario Alexander -- Alexander looked a bit stiff even considering his size, and we have concerns about his lack of separation skills. He looked heavy-footed on Day 2 and was slow getting off the line against press coverage, and he struggled to transition out of his breaks because he has to gear down and drop his weight so much. He also showed inconsistent hands, dropping balls and lacking the body control to make catches outside his frame.

Hopefully he picks up his performance the rest of the week or else he will drop off more than patrick turner

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]