View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Bucky Brooks - Out of His Mind 
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Bucky Brooks - Out of His Mind
Check out this mock draft... I think this guy has lost it... or never had it, you choose lol.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:46 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Bucky Brooks - Out of His Mind
I wouldn't have put a couple of guys where he did. But Berry falling past Miami is a bit unrealistic.

I don't think we need to go out and strain ourselves looking for a FS like we do some LB's, but if Berry is available, and McClain is off the board, I can't see us passing him up. Although that could be great trade bait.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:28 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I know this is not the most popular view, but if Rolando McClain is off the board and Dez Braynt is still on the board, he will be given serious consideration. If Eric Berry is still on the board, which I doubt very seriously, then he could be given consideration as well.

Miami drafted Chris Clemons and have Tyrone Culliver, guys that should have been given more of a chance to play this past season over Gibril Wilson.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:26 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:
I know this is not the most popular view, but if Rolando McClain is off the board and Dez Braynt is still on the board, he will be given serious consideration. If Eric Berry is still on the board, which I doubt very seriously, then he could be given consideration as well.

Miami drafted Chris Clemons and have Tyrone Culliver, guys that should have been given more of a chance to play this past season over Gibril Wilson.

If McClain is gone, and Berry is there...you'd be pulling a Cam Cameron to pass on him. Heck, it'd be tough not to pick him even IF McClain were there.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:54 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I agree, if Berry is there then it would be very difficult to justify not taking him.......he would be a huge asset at FS for years to come.......with that said, i would be shocked if he's on the board at #12!

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:57 am

The only thing about Berry, is that nobody really knows if he can be a FS.

I don't care what he was listed as, he played SS at Tennessee, and was most effective when he played near the box. I think he could be an absolute nightmare for opposing offenses and QB's, but I think in order to be that he has to be moving around in the defensive backfield, playing near the box at times, and out in center field at times. He's also very good in man-to-man coverage, so he could potentially fix our problems against TE's.

The other thing about him is that he does not have great lower body strength. He does have decent calf and thigh size, but those thighs don't compare to TP43's or Bob Sanders, for example. That said, will he be somebody who gets hurt alot if you stick him near the LOS too often? He does have good power and tackling ability though, so it's hard to read TOO much into the lower body thing.

Also, if you are going to have Berry moving around back there, you need somebody who can be just as versatile to account for that; somebody who can play SS when Berry is in center field, and somebody who can play center field when Berry is near the box.

In any case though, Berry is a tremendous playmaker, and shame on the coaching staff that doesn't turn him into a great NFL player.

While Bell is locked up for the next 4 years, a secondary of Clemons and Berry for the future doesn't look like a bad one at all. Clemons does have the versatility to play SS as well as FS.

All that said Berry will be a top 6 or 7 pick, so whatever. lol.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:52 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

A Cam Cameron for taking Dez Bryant, not hardly. Dez Bryant is so much better of a WR than Ted Ginn coming out of Ohio State that it's not even funny.

But that is obviously your opinion and we all have them.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:29 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Yeah i dont agree with some of these picks
washington i think takes a QB they could wait till 2nd rd but i dont think they wait

seahawks take the other QB but not dunlap

Bucs not takeing berry is highly unlikely

cheifs take a O-line is a bigger need maybe a ILB like a R.McClain

dolphins will not pass on berry if he is there and then like read here about trade bait for some young players maybe

Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]