View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Son of Schotty 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Son of Schotty
It is hard to find "class" in gang-green, but Jets OC is one of the few. I've always been a big fan of his dad, so, it is a good thing.

Also, strange that the reason why Schotty lost his job was a missed field goal by the same kicker who missed two inside of the 40 yesterday. Does that mean Norv Turner will be out? Probably not as I think the firing of Schottenheimer was the power struggle that existed between Schotty and the GM. Every personnel decision made Schotty had no input into it and it pissed him off.

Peter King wrote:
The moment I liked most from the weekend happened Sunday night, in the bowels of Qualcomm Stadium, where Marty Schottenheimer had coached the Chargers for five seasons, and where he shockingly was fired after going 14-2 and losing an opening playoff game.

Marty's boy, Brian, the precocious offensive coordinator of the Jets, had just done his part Sunday orchestrating an offense with a rookie quarterback and a rookie running back into an upset of the Chargers that left the locals just as deflated as they were in 2006. And as a light rain fell on this crumbling place, Brian took out his cell phone, dialed his dad's number, heard him say, "Hello,'' and son said to father: "Dad, this one's for you.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... ef=writers

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:42 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Post Re: Son of Schotty
That's nice... good story... I'd do the same thing if a team forced my dad out after a 14-2 season.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]