View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 Miami vs New England Game 1 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Miami vs New England Game 1
Well we've all had time to stew, complain about and analyze the crushing loss to Buffalo. Its in the rearview mirror so let's move forward.

How does Miami win this game Sunday? Will McKinnie be a factor?

I see some positives here. The Pats' o-line has been struggling so it presents an opportunity for Miami's pass rush. Get to Brady! He doesn't have his typical safety valves and he took some vicious hits against the Jets.

Unless Gronkowski is 100% this should be the weakest receiving group Miami has faced all season. Brady has still found a way to put some points on the board but Miami's CBs should be able to man up against this group.

Injuries have decimated the Pats' defense. No Wilfork, no Mayo and an uncertain Talib. Problem is they are still creating turnovers every game and Tannehill has hit a rough patch in 3 of the last 4 games. Fortunately the Pats are 31st in the NFL against the run and their edge rushers aren't as good as what Miami recently faced. Miami needs to pound the ball and use the play action pass.

Tannehill's picks aside, we saw 3 quarters of improved offense against a better than average Bills defense. HOPEFULLY a combination of McKinnie and Martin will give Tannehill a better chance to stay upright. Using more rollouts might buy time to get Wallace and Hartline deep. We've also seen that Gibson and Clay can do damage on short catches in space. The potential is there.

I'm not predicting it, but this is a winnable game. In fact, it is a must win to undo the unexpected loss to Buffalo. The running game was effective and Tannehill put up 3 TD passes in 2 quarters last Sunday. They have a chance to do something they haven't done all year...strike fast, strike hard and go for the throat early. GET IT DONE!

Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:47 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Miami vs New England Game 1
To change things up..........Tanehill will shout "Go" before running plays and "Go Go" before passing plays.

In all seriousness, 4 weeks ago it didn't look like we'd be in a must win in Week 9............but this is a must win. I don't see a wild card coming from the AFC East........so the Phins need to take the Division. We can either be in first place or 2 games behind the Pats running on a 4 game losing streak. I hope t they can take this one, I'm getting tired of talking about next year's draft in October.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:22 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

The Patriots have been real real bad on 3rd down conversion...Brady has been missing open men alot...

They will try to run on us...That should be concern #1

On the flip side they are having trouble stopping the run....HINT HINT,Keeping there offense on the sideline is a smart move just ask the Jets....

Ninkovich has 1.0 big sack in 7 games, ewww!

And then their is the real problem...The officials will give them every call in the book

Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:13 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

We get blown out 42-9....we blow.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:05 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

The Patsies dominate us in one particular area.....coaching.

Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:02 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

jammer wrote:
The Pats' o-line has been struggling so it presents an opportunity for Miami's pass rush.

Based on what? They are ranked 6th in pass blocking.

Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:27 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
jammer wrote:
The Pats' o-line has been struggling so it presents an opportunity for Miami's pass rush.

They've had some tough times against the Jets and Cincy.

4 sacks and 8 hits from Cincy, another 4 sacks and 3 hits against the Jets.

I also recall the Saints doing a fairly decent job of pressuring Brady.

I don't have pressure numbers. I've heard some of the Boston reporters recently discussing how the line went from fantastic to struggling and are wondering if it wasn't just the weak early opponents.

Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:35 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

that is true.....they struggle vs good teams in genral

Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:43 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

jammer wrote:
Rich wrote:
jammer wrote:

They've had some tough times against the Jets and Cincy.

4 sacks and 8 hits from Cincy, another 4 sacks and 3 hits against the Jets.

I also recall the Saints doing a fairly decent job of pressuring Brady.

I don't have pressure numbers. I've heard some of the Boston reporters recently discussing how the line went from fantastic to struggling and are wondering if it wasn't just the weak early opponents.

A lot of that isn't on them. When Brady goes down or gets hit, it's usually after 3+ seconds. He's getting protected pretty well, IMO.

27-17 New England wins.

Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:57 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Tannehill should be able to exploit this secondary. He faced on the best secondaries in the league last week. This week, he should find some open windows. NE has no pass rush. They just signed 34 year old Andre Carter. As most have stated, RT does well against the blitz. Division game, on the road and I can't remember the last time Miami won in NE.
Miami 34
NE 31

Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:07 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
Tannehill should be able to exploit this secondary. He faced on the best secondaries in the league last week. This week, he should find some open windows. NE has no pass rush. They just signed 34 year old Andre Carter. As most have stated, RT does well against the blitz. Division game, on the road and I can't remember the last time Miami won in NE.
Miami 34
NE 31

but they have ninkovich!

Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:12 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I don't think this game will be high scoring.

Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:22 pm

Kevin..I wish we had Ninkovich. Miami should've never let this guy get signed off of their practice squad.

Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:31 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
Kevin..I wish we had Ninkovich. Miami should've never let this guy get signed off of their practice squad.

I'm good...we have better players at the position...They can have his one sack...

He is also overpaid.

Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:07 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Pat Phins Predictions
What I expect to happen. Miami goes down early per usual by 10 or 13. They come back and make a game of it per usual and lead 17-13 then they start killing themselves per usual and lose 26-20 in a close but not so close game. :cry:

Final 26-20 Pats.

Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:58 pm

The team with the better QB wins this one.
Miami 17
Patriots 10

Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:39 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
Well we've all had time to stew, complain about and analyze the crushing loss to Buffalo. Its in the rearview mirror so let's move forward.

How does Miami win this game Sunday? Will McKinnie be a factor?

I see some positives here. The Pats' o-line has been struggling so it presents an opportunity for Miami's pass rush. Get to Brady! He doesn't have his typical safety valves and he took some vicious hits against the Jets.

Unless Gronkowski is 100% this should be the weakest receiving group Miami has faced all season. Brady has still found a way to put some points on the board but Miami's CBs should be able to man up against this group.

Injuries have decimated the Pats' defense. No Wilfork, no Mayo and an uncertain Talib. Problem is they are still creating turnovers every game and Tannehill has hit a rough patch in 3 of the last 4 games. Fortunately the Pats are 31st in the NFL against the run and their edge rushers aren't as good as what Miami recently faced. Miami needs to pound the ball and use the play action pass.

Tannehill's picks aside, we saw 3 quarters of improved offense against a better than average Bills defense. HOPEFULLY a combination of McKinnie and Martin will give Tannehill a better chance to stay upright. Using more rollouts might buy time to get Wallace and Hartline deep. We've also seen that Gibson and Clay can do damage on short catches in space. The potential is there.

I'm not predicting it, but this is a winnable game. In fact, it is a must win to undo the unexpected loss to Buffalo. The running game was effective and Tannehill put up 3 TD passes in 2 quarters last Sunday. They have a chance to do something they haven't done all year...strike fast, strike hard and go for the throat early. GET IT DONE!

Great post jammer, I agree all across the board. If we don't manage to score more than 20 pts Sunday, our offense is in trouble and highly questionable. Their defense is not intimidating by any stretch of the imagination, and NO WAY Sherman is dumb enough to look at the stats and see "31st against the run" and NOT run the darn ball against that defense.

I want to see Lamar get at least 12 touches Sunday, only because I know they will end up giving a chunk of it to Thomas as well. Go 'Fins!

Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:31 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Tannehill should be able to exploit this secondary.

The Pats can rush the QB better than you think and they are still creating turnovers. That Buffalo flesh wound loss is still fresh on my mind. Miami will not win this game against a Belicheck coached team if they cannot protect Tannehill. THAT is going to be the main factor and not making dumb throws and reads to create turnovers, which btw, New England is good at doing.

Yeah stats may lean towards the Pats not having a great pass rush, but that is smoke n mirrors. Their schemes is what keep them in games.

As far as the comment Jammer made about Gronk and him being 100%, well he has several catches for 114 yards last week and for someone's first game back with all those injuries and his teammates saying he TEARS it up in practice, so couple that with Miami's horrible coverage on TE's, don't be surprised if Brady has a big game with him.

Miami will win this game by not turning the ball over and protecting Tannehill, if they do those two things on the road they have a chance.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:17 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
A lot of that isn't on them. When Brady goes down or gets hit, it's usually after 3+ seconds. He's getting protected pretty well, IMO.

27-17 New England wins.

I don't know, they've missed some blitzes and have had their share of breaking down recently. Can't all be coverage sacks.

The only way I see the Pats scoring over 20+ points is if Tannehill turns the ball over multiple times.

The only way I see Miami scoring 20+ is if the ground game works and Tannehill goes without turning the ball over.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:04 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The only way I see Miami scoring 20+ is if the ground game works and Tannehill goes without turning the ball over.

Let's not forget one of the biggest reasons for his success and that is the offensive line blocking. Tannehill MUST be protected in order to win this game along with your other suggestions.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:20 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The Phins have averaged 22.5 points this season & have scored 20+ points in 5 of their 6 games. They have yet to score over 30 & that maybe what it takes.

The weather should not be an issue, game time forecast is mostly sunny, 55 degrees and mild wind. I'm a homer..........Phins do not lose the turnover battle and win 31-27.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:48 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Turnover battle will be the most important.

The Jets ran the ball like 40 times against them last week for about 3 yards a clip.

This is the week to pound the rock. I dont care if it doesnt work. Drain the clock, and give Brady less time.

Brady has started slow all season, but by the end of the game, he gets in a rythmn. If they have 12 possessions or more, the Pats will win. Gotta keep Brady to about 8 or 9 drives all game.

Phis win 23-17. Thats my projections. hopefully we can get the 4 sacks to match what tannehill will give up. And at least one 30+ yard reception from Wallace.

Biggest question: who gets more yards Clay or Gronk?

Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:31 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
The only way I see the Pats scoring over 20+ points is if Tannehill turns the ball over multiple times.

That is exactly what I predicted too. We have to get the run game going, I'm sick of the same old vanilla BS.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]