View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
 RT blew chunks 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post RT blew chunks
Just watching the game....I don't think I've seen a worse 1st quarter of quarterbacking ever. Both Picks were his fault. No Pressure. He had guys wide open on both plays and ignored them. If he doesn't turn 180 degrees this week in NE....they'll put up 45.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:41 pm

Post Re: RT blew chunks
BTW...if the defense can't understand that you don't need man coverage against a QB who can only beat you with your feet...then I'm lost on how to fix it. Both Coordinators aren't doing this team any favors.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:42 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

The official thread is called Ryan Henne, and is a good 4 pages of bashing...

Your late to the party this week lmao :haha

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

A screen grab of the play where he lobbed that wounded duck to Hartline, which got picked off in the endzone.

Matthews and Clay are WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE OPEN, but Tanny is too busy fixating on Wallace and by the time he adjusts where he's looking he decides to throw into double coverage to Hartline.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:49 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

he lost the game in true henne form!

thigpen puts him in great position for a game winning fg drive of 20 yds and he blew chunks

Last edited by Kev1321 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:52 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Nice screen grab. I just blew chunks after looking at it.

Honestly though, and in my spirit of looking at the positives, that play looks very similar to the TD pass he threw to Clay...except insert Matthews in this frame. Hopefully he learned from that mistake.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:02 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

And if he hits Clay on that its probably a TD or 1st and less than 5.

:hithead:

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:03 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:

Honestly though, and in my spirit of looking at the positives, that play looks very similar to the TD pass he threw to Clay...except insert Matthews in this frame. Hopefully he learned from that mistake.

What I don't like about it is the lack of recognition when he's got 3 WR's in the area he first identified. He's got Hartline, Wallace, and Matthews all within 5 yards of each other and yet he didn't notice how wide open and ready to turn the corner Matthews was.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:04 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Rock Sexton wrote:
jammer wrote:

What I don't like about it is the lack of recognition when he's got 3 WR's in the area he first identified. He's got Hartline, Wallace, and Matthews all within 5 yards of each other and yet he didn't notice how wide open and streaking Matthews was.

Hartline beat his man too. If you can pull up a bigger screen shot you will see that.

However, the throw needed to be to the back of the end zone.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:06 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
jammer wrote:

What I don't like about it is the lack of recognition when he's got 3 WR's in the area he first identified. He's got Hartline, Wallace, and Matthews all within 5 yards of each other and yet he didn't notice how wide open and ready to turn the corner Matthews was.

My only guess is that he probably anticipated the safety dropping in to cover Clay which would open the deep pass for Hartline. Unfortunately the safety hung back.

I'm having a Mike Sherman moment with face buried in my hands.

I still look at Clay and see probable TD.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:07 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Hartline beat his man too. If you can pull up a bigger screen shot you will see that.

There wasn't legitimate enough separation to warrant that pass. He had half a step on #23 Wiliams but #37 Robey had the top half of that zone covered. I've yet to see Tanny drop a pass into a tight window like that. Any of the tight coverages he's beaten in the past have been frozen rope type throws.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:12 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:

There wasn't legitimate enough separation to warrant that pass. He had half a step on #23 Wiliams but #37 Robey had the top half of that zone covered. I've yet to see Tanny drop a pass into a tight window like that. Any of the tight coverages he's beaten in the past have been frozen rope type throws.

Can you get a still with Hartline in the screen? I remember seeing the play live and thinking Hartline had more than half a step. He looked wide open. I thought it was a TD and then the safety came out of nowhere.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:13 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
I'm having a Mike Sherman moment with face buried in my hands.

I still look at Clay and see probable TD.

P.S. C'mon Dave, you should add this one to the smilies gallery already!

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:14 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Can you get a still with Hartline in the screen? I remember seeing the play live and thinking Hartline had more than half a step. He looked wide open. I thought it was a TD and then the safety came out of nowhere.

I got that other screen grab from somebody else. I went to go look at it on NFL.com and I still don't see what Tanny was seeing. I'd do a screen grab myself but I still have all my trading crap up and it ties up the resources on this dinosaur laptop.

Anyone else wanna grab it from that site?

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:15 pm

Hartline had more than half a step on his guy.

The ball was simply underthrown. If it is thrown further in front, its a TD.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:19 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

In that pic yeah, but that's because the DB turned around to go get the football. The safety still had his area of the field.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:23 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:

Thanks, Rich. That's how I see it as well. Why throw an underneath pass to two receivers who are behind the first down marker when you have someone open for 7 points. I like the aggressive play, not the lob.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:25 pm
Profile WWW

Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:

In that pic yeah, but that's because the DB turned around to go get the football. The safety still had his area of the field.

If you watch it in motion, Hartline was always ahead of the DB by more than a step. The only reason the safety is in the area is because Hartline cut his route off due to an underthrown ball.

If that ball is thrown to the back or corner, Hartline has an easy TD.

Not a bad read at all by Tannehill, just a very bad throw.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:26 pm

My initial reaction to this game is it is a one off. A data point, not a trend. RT is better than this game and has proven it in the past. I've seen other QBs have rough days. If this becomes a trend...I guess then it is time to begin the change talk.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:48 pm

On a side note, just saw Gibson's first TD...holy crap was that nice.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:49 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I wonder how much patience the coaching staff is going to have with him...........they did feel the need to keep Moore and pay some pretty big bucks for a backup.

I don't know if Tanny's been beating up so much........he's lost his nerve, but the kid is definitely regressing.......locking in on receivers, poor pocket/game awareness.

It's a tough decision............. if you sit him down, it's going to be tough for him to come back...........but maybe sitting for a year or two kinda like Rodgers will do him some good.

I think it's too early to make the move , but another poor performance against NE may be the back breaker. Plus you also have coaches jobs on the line. Considering the injuries to the Pats and Bills..........the Phins are the most talented team in the Division.............it's not saying much if we can't even make the Playoffs.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:17 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

shularino wrote:
I wonder how much patience the coaching staff is going to have with him...........they did feel the need to keep Moore and pay some pretty big bucks for a backup.

I don't know if Tanny's been beating up so much........he's lost his nerve, but the kid is definitely regressing.......locking in on receivers, poor pocket/game awareness.

It's a tough decision............. if you sit him down, it's going to be tough for him to come back...........but maybe sitting for a year or two kinda like Rodgers will do him some good.

I think it's too early to make the move , but another poor performance against NE may be the back breaker. Plus you also have coaches jobs on the line. Considering the injuries to the Pats and Bills..........the Phins are the most talented team in the Division.............it's not saying much if we can't even make the Playoffs.

They will never bench him.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:25 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
On a side note, just saw Gibson's first TD...holy crap was that nice.

I'm happy to say I've been wrong about this guy. Really liking the athleticism.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:26 pm

shularino wrote:
but maybe sitting for a year or two kinda like Rodgers will do him some good.

Uh... yeah no.

If you sit him down, it is because he's no longer your quarterback of the future.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:26 pm

Look guys...Henne was "regressing" but battling through it before Sparano Benched him. When his backup got injured the very next game...Henne was never the same. Dude just crawled into a shell. If you bench RT.... you aren't going to bring him back. Secondly the guy has had one really poor game. Give him a break. Yeah the Buffalo loss was all on him even through Clabo runs a close 2nd. Give him a chance to right the ship. Play the season with him and if by the end of the year he is still blowing chunks you go after a draft pick...again.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:21 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

The Henster wasn't going to battle out of anything...He didn't have it and still don't.

Tannehill needs more savvy....Look off the safety, pump fake, move up in the pocket, take what the defense is giving him, bye some time..Thing he is not doing..

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:39 pm

Kev1321 wrote:
The Henster wasn't going to battle out of anything...He didn't have it and still don't.

Tannehill needs more savvy....Look off the safety, pump fake, move up in the pocket, take what the defense is giving him, bye some time..Thing he is not doing..

Yeah maybe not, but he was definitely playing better before Sparano benched him than after. So if you bench RT, it is like Rich said...you're making a pretty big statement.

btw, Bills aren't as bad as you think.
http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule?team=BUF

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:43 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

Tannehill needs more savvy....Look off the safety, pump fake, move up in the pocket, take what the defense is giving him, bye some time..Things he is not doing..

Yeah maybe not, but he was definitely playing better before Sparano benched him than after. So if you bench RT, it is like Rich said...you're making a pretty big statement.

btw, Bills aren't as bad as you think.
http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule?team=BUF

I wouldn't bench him but i would become a run heavy team....

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:58 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
My initial reaction to this game is it is a one off. A data point, not a trend. RT is better than this game and has proven it in the past. I've seen other QBs have rough days. If this becomes a trend...I guess then it is time to begin the change talk.

this game reminded me too much of last years Titans game, just a bad performance from the opening kickoff.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:31 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

On CBS pregame they just showed that interception Ryan threw in the endzone vs. the Bills ......

I didn't see this on the NFL.com clip because their angle wasn't backed out large enough, but the right DB was eyeballing the Tannehill the whole time. It wasn't even that Ryan underthew the ball. He had a step on his man like Rich was saying, but the right DB watched him stare down Hartline and then rotated over for an easy interception.

Still an awful pick in my eyes.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]