View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ] 
 Worst team in the AFC East..... 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Worst team in the AFC East.....
I certainly didn't see this coming but after next weeks certain throttling by the Patriots, Miami will officially be in last place. A few things are also getting more clear.....the defense and offense are average on their best day. RT is going through a sophomore slump even with better weapons. It appears the RT to Wallace connection will not happen. Sad day.....we're back to being a .500 team at best . :angry:

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:21 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Worst team in the AFC East.....
NFLJunkie wrote:
I certainly didn't see this coming but after next weeks certain throttling by the Patriots, Miami will officially be in last place. A few things are also getting more clear.....the defense and offense are average on their best day. RT is going through a sophomore slump even with better weapons. It appears the RT to Wallace connection will not happen. Sad day.....we're back to being a .500 team at best . :angry:

Miami was always a .500 at best.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:25 pm

So curious...you almost sound happy with this? So what's your remedy? Fire the coaches? Ireland? ...if Miami is a .500 team and only 1 game better than last year's bunch....why is that?

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:04 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

I don't think anyone's expectations were for a .500 year. Especially after starting 3-0. I thought we were well on our way to double digit wins.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:06 pm

swerve13 wrote:
I don't think anyone's expectations were for a .500 year. Especially after starting 3-0. I thought we were well on our way to double digit wins.

to start the season I'd say most were 9-7....I saw a few double digit and 7-9 predictions but not many. The point is, they're getting worse not better.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:08 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:10 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
So curious...you almost sound happy with this? So what's your remedy? Fire the coaches? Ireland? ...if Miami is a .500 team and only 1 game better than last year's bunch....why is that?

Happy? Naw. So many of you thought Miami was suddenly this wonderful team that was going to win & now that they are not, its everyone needs to be fired. This team is poorly coached.

I was not a huge fan of Philben & I believe with each passing week he is in over his head. He got the job because of Rodgers development when he was not responsible for it.

Some of you went into the season expecting way to much from Tannehill.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:21 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Dphins4me wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Happy? Naw. So many of you thought Miami was suddenly this wonderful team that was going to win & now that they are not, its everyone needs to be fired. This team is poorly coached.

I was not a huge fan of Philben & I believe with each passing week he is in over his head. He got the job because of Rodgers development when he was not responsible for it.

LOL, he is crowing because he thinks he might finally be right about something in his life.

Give him his moment, surely it won't last.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:24 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

dolphinjim wrote:

LOL, he is crowing because he thinks he might finally be right about something in his life.

:fart:

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:26 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I don't know if you were ever in the military or played sports, but there are no excuses. You go into war/season expecting to win, high expectations for everyone. This crap that I've read regarding going 2-3 into the bye was BS, you want to go into the bye 5-0. There are no easy wins like some of the posters predicted. BTW, I'm sure most of us have high expecations for the Qb, again, no excuses.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:28 pm

We'll I really don't think that expecting better things from a team than the prior year is unreasonable

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:28 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

No need for this kind of post Jim, thanks.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:29 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

I don't know if you were ever in the military or played sports, but there are no excuses. You go into war/season expecting to win, high expectations for everyone. This crap that I've read regarding going 2-3 into the bye was BS, you want to go into the bye 5-0. There are no easy wins like some of the posters predicted. BTW, I'm sure most of us have high expecations for the Qb, again, no excuses.

Going to stay away from the war analogy, while talking sports.

Sure everyone would have liked to went into the bye with a 5-0 record. However, reality speaks to some & most know that while its a possibility was not a realistic possibility.

While it would have been great had Tannehill light up the NFL like Peyton is doing. Realistically no one should have expected him to and that is where those records came out. No one went into any game expecting Miami to lose. However, most knew before the season Miami was going to lose some games.

I agree there are no excuses, but there are reasons.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:42 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
We'll I really don't think that expecting better things from a team than the prior year is unreasonable

Neither do I. Especially if they improved themselves. I believe they did, but I also believe the coaching staff is at a loss as to how to use them. They never figured out how to use Bush.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
I agree there are no excuses, but there are reasons.

My uncle has a timeless expression which I am constantly reminded of ......

If you're explaining, you're losing.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:46 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Going to stay away from the war analogy, while talking sports.

I agree, but I am ex military so I can..lol

I love it.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:48 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:

Its accurate.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:50 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Its accurate.

Makchell wrote:
I love it.

Ya, I've learned to appreciate the wisdom in the comment. I used to hate it. He'd always throw it in my face when it came to work.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:54 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Our offensive line is below average......thats reason #1 that we are going nowhere

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:21 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

J-BARK wrote:
Our offensive line is below average......thats reason #1 that we are going nowhere

It's much worse than that, it's a steaming pile of crap.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:24 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Well as a true beleiver & as someone who was at todays game I am left scratching my head. I would hate to think that with finally drafting a QB in the first round last year and after trading up to the 3rd pick in this years draft plus all the spending in free agency we still have a lack of talent.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:18 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

FINesse wrote:
Well as a true beleiver & as someone who was at todays game I am left scratching my head. I would hate to think that with finally drafting a QB in the first round last year and after trading up to the 3rd pick in this years draft plus all the spending in free agency we still have a lack of talent.

I was totally sucked in a 3-0.

Looks like we don't have the talent.

Might have something to do with GM. But hey, he's given us so many great years, I don't want to pile on the guy.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:50 pm

talent shouldnt be the excuse.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:58 pm

As I sit here and watch guys like Bush, Vickersin, Davis, Satele, Dansby, Burnett, Walden, Carpenter, and others make plays, it makes me think we're the 1970's Braves who we're the respective farm team for the rest of the league

Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
As I sit here and watch guys like Bush, Vickersin, Davis, Satele, Dansby, Burnett, Walden, Carpenter, and others make plays, it makes me think we're the 1970's Braves who we're the respective farm team for the rest of the league

Davis is ballin' tonight. He has absolutely shut down Demaryius Thomas.

Thomas hadn't done anything up until Davis got hurt a moment ago.

I still don't think much of Satele.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:26 pm

we're not losing because of lack of talent. We're losing because we are sloppy and lack poor execution. Poor play calling and poor situational football. The only area lacking talent is the offensive line.

Most of the teams that lost this week were just flat outcoached.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
we're not losing because of lack of talent. We're losing because we are sloppy and lack poor execution. Poor play calling and poor situational football. The only area lacking talent is the offensive line.

Most of the teams that lost this week were just flat outcoached.

We still lack talent at DB and O-line ..... oh and we lack TE's and RB's who are reliable in pass pro.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:37 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
Davis is ballin' tonight. He has absolutely shut down Demaryius Thomas.

I still do not like the Davis trade.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
I still do not like the Davis trade.

Reminds me of all the extremes of opinion when the trade first goes down compared to how it starts to play out once the player is given time and properly acclimated.

So many people wouldn't have pissed on Davis if he were on fire. I never understood it.

EDIT: LOL .... vintage VD though. In his post-game interview he said all week long he prepared for Tom Brady.

:haha

Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:15 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

J-BARK wrote:
Our offensive line is below average......

That is an absolute compliment lol, honestly. I said even before the loss in New Orleans that the offensive line will lose us at least 5 games this season by itself, and no doubt contribute to all the rest. Tyson Clabo blew two games in a row for us now, he has completely sabotaged the past two games by himself.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:12 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I promised myself the 24 hour rule before commenting after this loss. I am basically at a loss for words because it is all negative, so for once, I am going to stow my own comments.

I can say I was extremely frustrated and if anyone has ever seen the movie "GroundHogs Day" with Bill Murray, that is how I feel watching the Miami Dolphins play.

It seems the same challenges and problems carry over unfixed from year to year. What a shame.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:36 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
So many of you thought Miami was suddenly this wonderful team that was going to win & now that they are not, its everyone needs to be fired. This team is poorly coached.

We expected improvement. After the first 3 games, our excitement was building. We can still make some waves this year, but as you said, it will start with the coaches. Philben doesn't have the gonads to put the heat on his coordinators.

Dphins4me wrote:

Most of us were excited about the Philben hiring because we wanted the offense that Philben helped develop at Green Bay.

Dphins4me wrote:

I think fans should not forget that Tannehill started only 2 seasons at QB in college. Before that he converted over from QB to WR. He needs help with better playcalling, and he needs better blocking to develop. I find it ridiculous that coaches and some fans are expecting him to carry the team. He isn't there just yet, but we see a lot of potential that he can possibly be that quarterback.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:21 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Dphins4me wrote:

I said it when many here wanted him hired. He didn't run the offense and the system belonged to Mike Mcarthy. His contribution was to help develop the game plan during the week.

What does that even mean? Did he look at the other team's weaknesses on defense and tell Mcarthy to exploit them?

"Hey Mike, they are ranked 31st against the pass and their two starting CBs are injured. Let's throw on them".

I like Philbin's no nonsense approach, but he is a stubborn man and needs to become more flexible quickly to be successful.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:26 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I like Philbin's no nonsense approach, but he is a stubborn man and needs to become more flexible quickly to be successful.

Well said Rich. Philbin has some good attributes as head coach and far for me to know exactly what is being said today behind closed doors and what kind of Kahuna's Philbin has but I sure hope he decides to step on Sherman more.

The play calling is baffling at times and even worse when us peanut gallery fans even know what is coming and what won't work that amazingly keeps being utilized over and over and in the wrong set of situations.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]