View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Mirage 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Mirage
So, 3-0 was a mirage.

Fire Ireland right now.

6-10 if we are lucky.

That is all.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:17 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Mirage
All we had to do was go into the bye 2-3, remember? Nothing is easy, you have to go into every game with the mindset that you are going to win. I guess we thought the Bills weren't going to play.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:19 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

It's not Ireland's fault that Philbin and Sherman are dumbasses.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

What really hurts is the fact that the Bills had all those injuries and come into Miami and steal one. Their running backs are cripples, they have a starting corner with one arm in a cast, they make stupid decisions like that final kick....and still, Miami finds a way to lose.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:21 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

1984phins wrote:
So, 3-0 was a mirage.

Fire Ireland right now.

6-10 if we are lucky.

That is all.

Ireland has nothing to do with the players being used wrong. The coaching staff seems to be falling in love with Thomas over Miller. Even though Miller is a homerun threat. They are running Thomas wide & Miller up the middle.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:21 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Sherman has to go. Remember the Ravens last year when they changed the OC? Flacco flourished and they won the SB.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It is Ireland's fault that after all those picks on the O-line, the team can't run or protect the QB. It is also Ireland's fault that they plump down a pile of cash for Wallace, who has made little to no contribution this year. The team should have drafted an offensive playmaker......not a part time pass rusher. The team should have kept Bush (although Philben, Sherman and the rest wouldn't know how to use him still). The money for Wallace could have brought in a tackle to protect Tannehill.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:25 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

This team won't do anything with Sherman as the OC. Have said it over and over again... this isn't the preseason... vanilla was supposed to go out the window when the regular season started.

Miami didn't get the memo.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:25 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Tannehill did enough for us to lose in the 1st qtr, but rebounded with 3 straight TDs. The offensive line was the opposite, those fat slobs play their best game yet until the final THREE minutes of the game, and absolutely destroy any possibility of a comeback for Tannehill.

I bet he was blind on that Williams fumble, he had like five 300 pound men all up in his face, no way you can take reads downfield under that kind of duress. Mark my words. The offensive line WILL keep us out of the playoffs. What a shame, to think we wasted what decent offensive line we had with Chad Henne.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:28 pm

Makchell wrote:
Sherman has to go. Remember the Ravens last year when they changed the OC? Flacco flourished and they won the SB.

And for the same exact issues too.

Great comparison.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:28 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

If you can't play any better against this banged up bills team, I dont know who you think you can beat. The jaguars looked better against the broncos last week.

I really like Philbin. I like his coaching philosophy, but Sherman's playcalling is not good. Did Philbin call plays when he was the OC with GB, or did the HC?

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:30 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

#TysonClaboFTW

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:34 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
It is Ireland's fault that after all those picks on the O-line, the team can't run or protect the QB. It is also Ireland's fault that they plump down a pile of cash for Wallace, who has made little to no contribution this year. The team should have drafted an offensive playmaker......not a part time pass rusher. The team should have kept Bush (although Philben, Sherman and the rest wouldn't know how to use him still). The money for Wallace could have brought in a tackle to protect Tannehill.

I agree on Wallace, but I still put most of the blame on the coaches not knowing how to use players.

Who should have Miami drafted?

Think how Dez Bryant would look in Aqua. Instead of two avg defenders. Sure am glad Phiben wanted rid of Marshall.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:35 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Our offensive line makes us a sub .500 team for the 5th year in a row.

And it is not Ireland's fault? How many more seasons like this do we have to endure before we put blame at the very top?

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:37 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

rodneyfaile wrote:

I really like Philbin. I like his coaching philosophy, but Sherman's playcalling is not good. Did Philbin call plays when he was the OC with GB, or did the HC?

Not Philben if memory serves me correct.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:37 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

1984phins wrote:
Our offensive line makes us a sub .500 team for the 5th year in a row.

And it is not Ireland's fault? How many more seasons like this do we have to endure before we put blame at the very top?

Wait a min. No playing fence jumpers. Most of you guys loved what he did this off season & now that the coaching staff is proving its incompetence it now Ireland's fault?

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:39 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Why even play Clabo? Just go out with 4 OL

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:39 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

If you get rid of the ball quicker, the OL doesn't have to block as well. If no one is open, throw it away, or scramble and try to make something happen. Standing around like you have an all-pro OL is only going to get you sacked repeatedly.

Tannehill looks like a diffeent person this year. Im wondering if the coaches are telling him to settle down in the imaginary nonexistent pocket instead of running around.

Better adjust your gameplan to match your personnel Sherman. Tannehill needs to scramble, and Miller needs to be RB 90% of the time.

Last edited by rodneyfaile on Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:
It's not Ireland's fault that Philbin and Sherman are dumbasses.

very true. If Philbin wants to save his career he needs to start calling the plays. And if he can't do that, he's a goner.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:44 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:

I agree on Wallace, but I still put most of the blame on the coaches not knowing how to use players.

Who should have Miami drafted?

Think how Dez Bryant would look in Aqua. Instead of two avg defenders. Sure am glad Phiben wanted rid of Marshall.

I agree. I wanted Dez Bryant. However, this team kept drafting linemen on both sides of the ball....and after years and years of that crap, the team still can't block for crap. That is all on Ireland.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:44 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

Bingo!

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
Why even play Clabo? Just go out with 4 OL

It is hard to believe Yeatman is any worse than Clabo. Give him a shot. Make a change for God's sake. Your offensive line is pathetic and Clabo is the weakest link.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:45 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
the team still can't block for crap. That is all on Ireland.
So coaching does not play a role in that? Pouncey is suppose to be a stud. Richie was a PB last year. You telling me they are playing at the same level?

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:46 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

shouldnt he be in shotgun all of the time with this terrible line? Why line up under center at all?

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This is why I refused to get wild about the 3-0 start. We weren't winning games decisively and it was clear there were still major issues on this team even though we had pulled out some close games. This is a league where eventually the tape gets out as the season progresses and teams exploit those problems.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:51 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
the team still can't block for crap. That is all on Ireland.
So coaching does not play a role in that? Pouncey is suppose to be a stud. Richie was a PB last year. You telling me they are playing at the same level?

Do you really think any coach can make Clabo better???? He sucks big time. Why the hell is that the best player we have available at RT, after all the darn draft picks they have thrown at the offensive line. I do blame the coaching staff for continuing to play Clabo though. They are being stubborn. He is a large round peg and they keep trying to pound him into that square hole.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:51 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
This is why I refused to get wild about the 3-0 start. We weren't winning games decisively and it was clear there were still major issues on this team even though we had pulled out some close games. This is a league where eventually the tape gets out as the season progresses and teams exploit those problems.

I was definitely excited.
I saw the same issues, but since I was expecting the team to look rough, I wasn't bothered by them. I thought things would only get better and things would run more smoothly as the team progressed.

I wasn't bothered by the loss to the saints. The saints are SB contenders. I was distraught after the loss to the ravens, because that game was very winnable.

Now this loss to a banged up bills team???!!!!!
I have no words.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I have no words.

A pick 6 and a pick in the redzone = a 10 point swing.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:00 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Do you really think any coach can make Clabo better????
Yes.

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
He sucks big time. Why the hell is that the best player we have available at RT, after all the darn draft picks they have thrown at the offensive line. I do blame the coaching staff for continuing to play Clabo though. They are being stubborn. He is a large round peg and they keep trying to pound him into that square hole.
Because they let the LT go because his price was to high.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Do you really think any coach can make Clabo better????
Yes.

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
He sucks big time. Why the hell is that the best player we have available at RT, after all the darn draft picks they have thrown at the offensive line. I do blame the coaching staff for continuing to play Clabo though. They are being stubborn. He is a large round peg and they keep trying to pound him into that square hole.
Because they let the LT go because his price was to high.

Yeah....and that is the GM's fault. I think it was time to let Long walk, but why use all your money to sign a wide receiver who excels on deep balls if you are not going to have an offensive line to give your QB more than 2 seconds to throw? Could have used that money to bring in a real offensive lineman. Could have even used a draft pick on one......they usually piss away two or more picks a year on O-line anyway, with little to show for it. They drafted a fine player in Dion Jordan, but he doesn't see the field enough. Ireland has had plenty of time to get it done. Time to move on.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:04 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:

Yeah....and that is the GM's fault. I think it was time to let Long walk, but why use all your money to sign a wide receiver who excels on deep balls if you are not going to have an offensive line to give your QB more than 2 seconds to throw? Could have used that money to bring in a real offensive lineman. Could have even used a draft pick on one......they usually piss away two or more picks a year on O-line anyway, with little to show for it. They drafted a fine player in Dion Jordan, but he doesn't see the field enough. Ireland has had plenty of time to get it done. Time to move on.
Because your boss wanted to make a big signing.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:06 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Makchell wrote:
I have no words.

A pick 6 and a pick in the redzone = a 10 point swing.

What seals the deal for me is both were bad decisions on where to go with the ball

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:07 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:

True that....but Wallace was not the right fit on this team. Gibson was a nice signing though. He played his butt off today.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:08 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
True that....but Wallace was not the right fit on this team. Gibson was a nice signing though. He played his butt off today.

Was never big on the Wallace signing, nor resigning Hartline at the cost. Was all over the Gibson one though.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:10 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:

Was never big on the Wallace signing, nor resigning Hartline at the cost. Was all over the Gibson one though.

Hartline was just about the only skill player on offense worth keeping. I think he was worth the money. Consistent and capable. Everything you need in a WR2. We still don't have a WR1 though.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:17 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Dphins4me wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:

Wanted a big signing b/c Ireland screwed up the offense for 4 years first.

Ireland has failed at every position at some point in his tenure except for defensive line.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:25 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

1984phins wrote:

Wanted a big signing b/c Ireland screwed up the offense for 4 years first.

Ireland has failed at every position at some point in his tenure except for defensive line.

So has every GM.

BP was the man making to call from '08 to '10.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:40 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

this is a team with alot of talent but is coached poorly. There are a hand full of other teams like this in the NFL. Talent will only go as far as the coaching will.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:02 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I agree this team was a mirage. .500 ball club right now.

Ireland, Philbin and Sherman didn't throw a pick 6, miss a FG, whiff on blocks, miss tackles, throw a ridiculous pick on a red zone opportunity, commit stupid penalties...etc.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:02 pm

jammer wrote:
I agree this team was a mirage. .500 ball club right now.

Ireland, Philbin and Sherman didn't throw a pick 6, miss a FG, whiff on blocks, miss tackles, throw a ridiculous pick on a red zone opportunity, commit stupid penalties...etc.

No, but they did call a horrific gameplan and didn't have the team prepared. That falls on them.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next