View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Ryan Henne 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Ryan Henne
The coaches are not doing him any favors either

This is his biggest crutch.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:57 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Makchell wrote:
Yeap, its time for this. Miami brings in a raw inexperienced college Qb & no one expects him to have grown pains. Go figure.

Still too early. He can go etiher way, but he deserves criticism. His deep ball sucks.

Mak it is my belief that a young QB can only be as good as the coaching he is getting. I think our staff is holding him back.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:01 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Even with a bad OL, you should be able to make something happen with Wallace, Hartline, and Gibson. That is a very good group of WRs. I bet there are a lot of QBs around the NFL that wish they had those 3 WRs.

I like Tannehill, I really do. I think he has potential, but I get the feeling he needs better coaching.

Maybe having Sherman on staff was good for Tannehill's transition into the NFL, but sometimes you can grow unless you leave the nest. Maybe someone needs to remove that nest!

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:02 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Mak it is my belief that a young QB can only be as good as the coaching he is getting. I think our staff is holding him back.

I think they are holding him back.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:03 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

RT just lost to the Bills at home. Think about that one for a minute

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:03 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Buffalo got it done with a hobbled practice squad player, 2 crippled running backs and a cornerback with an arm cast. I am not ready to give up on Tannehill yet, but he is certainly not shining right now.

The Bills are coached better. BTW, Lewis has more games under center than Tannehill. College & Pro.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:04 pm

rodneyfaile wrote:
Even with a bad OL, you should be able to make something happen with Wallace, Hartline, and Gibson. That is a very good group of WRs. I bet there are a lot of QBs around the NFL that wish they had those 3 WRs.

I like Tannehill, I really do. I think he has potential, but I get the feeling he needs better coaching.

Maybe having Sherman on staff was good for Tannehill's transition into the NFL, but sometimes you can grow unless you leave the nest. Maybe someone needs to remove that nest!

wish we had a New Orleans disciple that knew that offense fluently come in here and run this offense.

2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

This loss is on Tannehill....That was just ugly

Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Tannehill did stink today. The pick 6 and that stupid flutter ball to the end zone were simply bad plays. However, the Bills are not a good team and the coaching staff made sure to spot them some points with their awful play calling and crappy personnel choices. No need to put the game on Tannehill in that drive that resulted in the strip sack. Horrible choice. Thomas should not be getting so many carries either.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:12 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
If you discount the fact he had two WRs breaking free on post patterns when he threw it, I guess you could say good play by the DB
It was a quick hit.

NFLJunkie wrote:
Right now it is looking more and more like RT isn't the guy. Just saying.

Yeap, its time for this. Miami brings in a raw inexperienced college Qb & no one expects him to have grown pains. Go figure.

Buffalo got it done with a hobbled practice squad player, 2 crippled running backs and a cornerback with an arm cast. I am not ready to give up on Tannehill yet, but he is certainly not shining right now.

LOL!! Oh please dude. Thad Young didn't GET IT DONE. They won despite him. 202 yds and an INT is not GETTING IT DONE.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:01 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Kev1321 wrote:

LOL. You don't change do you? The line was horrible, absolutely putrid. Manning wouldn't have done anything with that line.

Get off your agenda.

RT gutted it out despite no protection and idiotic playcalling. 3 TDs.

Watch the games.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:03 pm

the stats don't even tell how bad Young was today. I remember 4 or 5 throws that just landed in open prairie.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:05 pm

dolphinjim wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

LOL. You don't change do you? The line was horrible, absolutely putrid. Manning wouldn't have done anything with that line.

Get off your agenda.

RT gutted it out despite no protection and idiotic playcalling. 3 TDs.

Watch the games.

Yeah Manning would've found the open guy to throw to before the pressure got there. Go look at the video...it doesn't lie. He was often locked onto the only guy who wasn't open. Call it a bad day but it was ugly.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:06 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:11 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphinjim wrote:

Apparently our 3 game skid has awoken the internet's biggest (not to mention oldest) troll.

What's the matter Jim, not enough people to talk trash to on other Dolphin fan sites?

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:18 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Rock Sexton wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:

Apparently our 3 game skid has awoken the internet's biggest (not to mention oldest) troll.

What's the matter Jim, not enough people to talk trash to on other Dolphin fan sites?

The immaturity level of some fans after a loss just amazes me. I have to comment.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphinjim wrote:
The immaturity level of some fans after a loss just amazes me. I have to comment.

You call that commenting? More like antagonizing. That's all you have to offer fan sites.

Since apparently you missed the previous 2 weeks, it's THREE losses. After a 3-0 start no less. Fans have every God given right to be disappointed.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:25 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Rock Sexton wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:

You call that commenting? More like antagonizing. That's all you have to offer fan sites.

Since apparently you missed the previous 2 weeks, it's THREE losses. After a 3-0 start no less. Fans have every God given right to be disappointed.

Disappointed is one thing. Immaturely crying about firing everybody etc is stupid. The Pats lost today, to the Jets. I am sure no Pats fans are jumping off bridges yet.

Relax. It's a game.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:28 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphinjim wrote:
Disappointed is one thing. Immaturely crying about firing everybody etc is stupid. The Pats lost today, to the Jets. I am sure no Pats fans are jumping off bridges yet.

Relax. It's a game.

In all your infinite wisdom, where do you derive the similarities between the Pats loss and ours?

Pats fans don't jump off the bridge because they've got years worth of cache built up to not freak out yet. They did no start 3-0 and proceed to dump the next 3. What do we have Jim? Would love to know.

Regardless it's ironic you running around telling people to calm down, that it's "just a game" when you spend so much time beefing with other posters on the internet.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:31 pm

the Pats didn't lose 3 straight pal

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:32 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Relax. It's a game.

Take your own advice Jim...please. You're right, it's a game, but we are seeing a pattern here starting to develop. I was questioning RT during the 3-0 start, fans have eyes and can see things. Coaching is a joke and I would live Philben/Ireland grow balls and fire Sherman. It might do wonders for this team.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:32 pm

Makchell wrote:
Relax. It's a game.

Take your own advice Jim...please. You're right, it's a game, but we are seeing a pattern here starting to develop. I was questioning RT during the 3-0 start, fans have eyes and can see things. Coaching is a joke and I would live Philben/Ireland grow balls and fire Sherman. It might do wonders for this team.

like Bruce Springsteen once said....."you can't start a fire without a spark"

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:34 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Makchell wrote:
Relax. It's a game.

Totally agree. Sherman needs fired, tomorrow. The playcalling is amateurish at best. Clabo needs cut, now. The line is a joke. But to blame the 1st round QB??? Stupid. The kid has literally no help from anybody and still nearly pulled out the win. These clowns want to cut him loose after less than 2 years as a starter????

Childish ranting.

Drew Brees and Aaron Rogers would have never even gotten a chance with these "fans"

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphinjim wrote:
Totally agree. Sherman needs fired, tomorrow. The playcalling is amateurish at best. Clabo needs cut, now. The line is a joke. But to blame the 1st round QB??? Stupid. The kid has literally no help from anybody and still nearly pulled out the win. These clowns want to cut him loose after less than 2 years as a starter????

Childish ranting.

Drew Brees and Aaron Rogers would have never even gotten a chance with these "fans"

Do you realize in Rodgers second season as the starter the dude took 50 sacks and STILL put up 4,434 yards, 30 TD's, and only 7 ints? They also went 11-5 that year.

You act like Tannehill is out there by himself. It's simply not true. For as lame as the O-line pass pro has been at times he still does not have the pocket awareness and ability to anticipate where pressure is going to come from.

Absolving him of any contribution to some of the teams struggles is childish.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:44 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The kid has literally no help from anybody and still nearly pulled out the win.

The 2 picks were on him. He had protection and he made the wrong reads. He cost us 10 pts so if it wasn't for his picks, we would have won.

These clowns want to cut him loose after less than 2 years as a starter????

No one said that.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:51 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Rock Sexton wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:

Childish ranting.

Do you realize in Rodgers second season as the starter the dude took 50 sacks and STILL put up 4,434 yards, 30 TD's, and only 7 ints? They also went 11-5 that year.

You act like Tannehill is out there by himself. It's simply not true. For as lame as the O-line pass pro has been at times he still does not have the pocket awareness and ability to anticipate where pressure is going to come from.

Absolving him of any contribution to some of the teams struggles is childish.

Rogers sat and learned from Favre for how long? Exactly.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:53 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphinjim wrote:

It's been pretty well established that Favre didn't directly mentor Rodgers. Tom Clements is the guy who's worked with Rodgers to make him what he's become.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:57 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Makchell wrote:
The kid has literally no help from anybody and still nearly pulled out the win.

The 2 picks were on him. He had protection and he made the wrong reads. He cost us 10 pts so if it wasn't for his picks, we would have won.

These clowns want to cut him loose after less than 2 years as a starter????

No one said that.

LOL, go watch it again. On the pick 6, Martin was beaten INSTANTLY and his man was in RT's face in less than 1 second. Putrid play. Gibson was the hot read, and the DB just made a play. If you look at the play without the anti-Tannehill agenda that you clearly have, you would see that the INT was on the lack of protection.

Watch the games.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:59 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

If Sturgis makes the FG Miami wins, yet I've not see anyone blame him as they did with DC.

Even with those picks. Miami had the lead late in the 4th & were in position to win. At that point those picks had been voided out. IMO

Makchell wrote:
No one said that.
Hinted? Yes.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:59 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Rock Sexton wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:

It's been pretty well established that Favre didn't directly mentor Rodgers. Tom Clements is the guy who's worked with Rodgers to make him what he's become.

Regardless of who mentored. Did he start as a rookie? No. He had the luxury to sit behind a hall of famer for probably 2 maybe even 3 years. He knew the system cold before he ever started a game. Tannehill has been thrown in immediately behind the worst O line in the NFL and a mediocre WR corps.

Without an agenda, it's pretty clear that Tannehill has not had enough time in the NFL.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:02 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

anti-Tannehill agenda

What are you talking about, agenda? It wasn't 1 sec btw, he shouldn't have thrown it. OK, I'll give it to you, sure, it was the OL fault on that pick. We were in field goal range on the 2nd pick so there is the 3 points that we needed. I remember you defending Henne with the same arguments, he sucks in Jax BTW if you didn't notice. RT needs to improve, period.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:04 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphinjim wrote:
Regardless of who mentored. Did he start as a rookie? No. He had the luxury to sit behind a hall of famer for probably 2 maybe even 3 years. He knew the system cold before he ever started a game. Tannehill has been thrown in immediately behind the worst O line in the NFL and a mediocre WR corps.

Without an agenda, it's pretty clear that Tannehill has not had enough time in the NFL.

Says the man who wanted Tannehill to start from Day 1.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:07 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
anti-Tannehill agenda

What are you talking about, agenda? It wasn't 1 sec btw, he shouldn't have thrown it. OK, I'll give it to you, sure, it was the OL fault on that pick. We were in field goal range on the 2nd pick so there is the 3 points that we needed. I remember you defending Henne with the same arguments, he sucks in Jax BTW if you didn't notice. RT needs to improve, period.

Haha yeah that's our Jim alright. Remember we were supposed to rue the day we let Henne go? LMFAO

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:07 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

People have to accept reality.

Tannehill does just enough to keep you wanting more and screws up just enough to make you permanently uncertain. He's not Henne (not timid), but he's not a guy who is capable of masking a teams deficiencies. His turnovers are part of the problem, regardless of whether they are not always his fault.

He bounced back in the short term today and put Miami on top against a pretty good defense. But his early mistakes allowed a bad team to stay in it just long to capitalize on a mistake.

Gripe all you want about the missed throw to Hartline, he attempted almost blind and on a broken play. He also hit Wallace on a beautiful deep throw. Like other things he's consistently inconsistent.

I don't know if he's the answer. He's better than last year and plays with confidence, but there is still something missing.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:10 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:

Says the man who wanted Tannehill to start from Day 1.

I didn't. I thought he needed to sit at least half the season, if not whole. Whether that was right or wrong I'm still not sure.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:10 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Makchell wrote:
anti-Tannehill agenda

He needs to improve, sure. But the line is giving him no time and no help. He can't improve running for his life while we have the worst line the NFL. I have seen flashes of greatness from him, but it's not consistent since he doesn't get consistent protection. Even Jimmy Johnson on the post game said the line is not giving him nearly enough time. Clabo should be cut tonight.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:11 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Tannehill does just enough to keep you wanting more and screws up just enough to make you permanently uncertain. He's not Henne (not timid), but he's not a guy who is capable of masking a teams deficiencies. His turnovers are part of the problem, regardless of whether they are not always his fault.

He bounced back in the short term today and put Miami on top against a pretty good defense. But his early mistakes allowed a bad team to stay in it just long to capitalize on a mistake.

Gripe all you want about the missed throw to Hartline, he attempted almost blind and on a broken play. He also hit Wallace on a beautiful deep throw. Like other things he's consistently inconsistent.

I don't know if he's the answer. He's better than last year and plays with confidence, but there is still something missing.

Great post Jammer, right on regarding RT. Henne killed us in his 2nd year and we all knew he wasn't the answer. RT is still in it IMO. I'm really frustrated with the game today, I figured we would win this one. Haven't been stung like this in a long time.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:14 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

jammer wrote:

The thing missing is some degree of protection.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:15 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
I didn't. I thought he needed to sit at least half the season, if not whole. Whether that was right or wrong I'm still not sure.

I know .... I was the same, I think Junkee concurred too. There was the potential for putting the carriage before the horse. We knew that if you put a young, inexperienced guy back there behind a porous line you run the risk of exposing flaws in his game earlier, possibly getting him hurt, or stunting potential growth.

We still have 10 games left this year, so there's some time ..... but things don't smell so nice right now.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:17 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The thing missing is some degree of protection.

Every analysis has said that RT needs to take some responsibility as well. His pocket awareness needs improvement, but yes, the OL sucks, Clabo needs to be replaced. Can the backup be worse than Clabo? No way....

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next