View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ] 
 The better team lost today. 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post The better team lost today.
Nothing like a loss like this to leave a sour taste in your mouth.
If Tannehill didn't take that sack Miami would have probably won in OT.
But, it was a very encouraging game for the remainder of our season.
The schedule lightens up A LOT after this and I feel as if Miami when healthy will take this division.
O-line problems need to be fixed and we'll be really really solid.
Mike Wallace is playing like a 60 million dollar piece of garbage.
The drops at the end of the game by both wallace and clay killed us.

Overall pretty good game by two really good teams. There is no doubt in my mind Miami can compete in the playoffs this year and go to the super bowl. I doubt it. But they can compete.
Sucks we have to wait a whole 2 weeks to see them smack our Division though. But it's good to get our team healthy. We need it. 3-2 is a very great record at this point in the season and are only a game away from the Pats who face a destructive Saints passing attack. My coming prediction;
New England will be 5-2 when they face the 5-2 Dolphins who MUST and definitely will beat a injured Bills teams. Miami will then beat New England and be the division leaders at 5-2.

Go Dolphins! :pumpiron:

Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:32 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: The better team lost today.
More like the team that made the last stupid mistake lost.

Both teams played terrible...Neither looked like a Playoff caliber team, or anything close to it.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:33 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

OL sucks.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:35 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Can't agree that the better team lost or the game was somehow encouraging.

While Miami made key turnovers and has injuries, they didn't move the ball well overall and choked in some key moments. To steal a line from Junkie, the apologists can say what they want about Wallace...he only makes wide open catches that hit him in stride.

The defense is injured, I give them somewhat of a pass.

Tannehill is getting better and making some big throws, but some of these sacks are on him and the negative plays are killing the team.

Jerry and Clabo should be cut. Or Jerry should try RT and Garner at RG. Jerry gets killed on inside moves.

How do you win with zero running game?

I just don't get all of the drops. Maybe some are unofficial but man oh man.

This could still be a playoff team but they cannot last the season playing offense the way they are doing it.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:42 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

After that long pass play to Gibson on 4th down, you mean that was the best they could come up with? They couldn't get Sturgis any closer than that?

Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Last year Dolphins (specially this hurt) would have rolled over and been beaten by 17 points. That is why it's encouraging. Miami can beat good teams. Last year Dolphins not so much. That is why I am encouraged. Scared about the O-line. If Tannehill had time we would probably be closer to 4-1 or 5-0. And I'm not even a homer, cause I was born and have lived in Cincinnati forever.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:02 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I do not like some of the play calling on critical plays.

Better get these WRs and QB on the same page during this bye. This is the worst pats team I have seen Brady on. Don't expect it to ever be any easier to win this division. Get your act together and get it done!

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Agreed. The playing in certain situations still has me scratching my head. It's like Sherman is aware that he is making bad calls... but he just can't stop, he's addicted.... or something

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:12 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Haha wrote:
Last year Dolphins (specially this hurt) would have rolled over and been beaten by 17 points. That is why it's encouraging. Miami can beat good teams. Last year Dolphins not so much. That is why I am encouraged. Scared about the O-line. If Tannehill had time we would probably be closer to 4-1 or 5-0. And I'm not even a homer, cause I was born and have lived in Cincinnati forever.

Just seems the team is going backward in some cases. I agree that Tannehill and the receivers, for the most part, are improved.

The defense has done well considering the injuries.

But they can't block...at all. Did they even get 30 yds on the ground today?

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:17 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The better team won. Miami is not close to being the better team.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:20 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

jammer wrote:
Haha wrote:

Just seems the team is going backward in some cases. I agree that Tannehill and the receivers, for the most part, are improved.

The defense has done well considering the injuries.

But they can't block...at all. Did they even get 30 yds on the ground today?

I agree with you. Miami's o line has usually always been a bright spot. But it has gone WAYYYYYY back. They are awful. 3 of them need to be removed. PLEASE. I think we took steps forward in better aspects though. But you're right the o-line and the run game are awful. I hope we do something to correct it or else we WONT be going to the playoffs this year. But the Schedule does lighten up.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:22 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Dphins4me wrote:

3 points is pretty close there bud.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:23 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Haha wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:

And that would be 3 points not enough for our Dolphins so at the end of the day who's the better team??.. I'm sorry but six sacks and all those key drops were inexcusable!,.

sorry but just can't use the word 'better' for these guys today..

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:28 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Haha wrote:
Miami had a struggling team who was on the road for the 2nd week in a row, in their own back yard in 90 degree heat & high humidity. Everything was lined up for a Miami win. However, they could not win the game. The better team won.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:31 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

In typical Miami fashion. They tie the game, then implode. Kicking the ball out of bounds on the KO? Really Sturgis?

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:33 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Dphins4me wrote:
In typical Miami fashion. They tie the game, then implode. Kicking the ball out of bounds on the KO? Really Sturgis?

That kickoff was so bad, and the following FG attempt looked horrible. I wonder if he sustained some sort of injury trying to make that tackle on special teams when he drew the facemask penalty?

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

rodneyfaile wrote:

That kickoff was so bad, and the following FG attempt looked horrible. I wonder if he sustained some sort of injury trying to make that tackle on special teams when he drew the facemask penalty?

While possible, I'm not inclined to believe he did. Anything is possible.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:54 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I also say Tannehill had PLENTY of time to line up and call a play at the line of scrimmage instead of hurrying just to kill the ball and waste a down as they needed all they could get. They had the Ravens reeling. Terrible blocking, dropped passes definitely a collective effort to them losing today.

Just a shame because although I give the Ravens credit for winning the game, but Miami certainly should have beaten them.

Even though it is fresh after a loss, I personally hope they shake the line up going into the bye week. Fire offensive line coach Jim Turner. The line has done squat since he has managed this process and I would consider benching and/or cutting Clabo as his talent level has dropped dramatically.

Now that idea of getting Brandon Albert and Eric Winston this past off season wasn't a bad thought after all.

Oh well, even though I admit I require anger management after a Miami loss, 3-2 isn't terrible if we can bounce back and take out Buffalo in a couple of weeks.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:01 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Finhead34 wrote:

Oh well, even though I admit I require anger management after a Miami loss, 3-2 isn't terrible if we can bounce back and take out Buffalo in a couple of weeks.

Yeah... I may have destroyed a window AC unit.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:13 pm

Well were were the best team for 3 quarters or so?? Anyway no moral victories. Re group & go on a run. i think we will be fine but rolling Denver in the afc championship game ... maybe i spoke to soon on that one. Still , Wallace turns it around & RT proves he was the best QB in last years class. 13-3 , still where i say we will be!

Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:16 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

jammer wrote:
Can't agree that the better team lost or the game was somehow encouraging.

While Miami made key turnovers and has injuries, they didn't move the ball well overall and choked in some key moments. To steal a line from Junkie, the apologists can say what they want about Wallace...he only makes wide open catches that hit him in stride.

The defense is injured, I give them somewhat of a pass.

Tannehill is getting better and making some big throws, but some of these sacks are on him and the negative plays are killing the team.

Jerry and Clabo should be cut. Or Jerry should try RT and Garner at RG. Jerry gets killed on inside moves.

How do you win with zero running game?

I just don't get all of the drops. Maybe some are unofficial but man oh man.

This could still be a playoff team but they cannot last the season playing offense the way they are doing it.

The bye could not have come at a better time, as the D needs some time to get healthy. The OL is just a darn mess, plain and simple. 6 more sacks today, and the Dumervill sack at the end when Miami was in makable field goal position was just a backbreaker.

Mike Wallace had a nice game, but also had key drops, which was him MO coming out of Pittsburgh.

No run game at all, which was a huge disappointment.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:22 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Finhead34 wrote:
I also say Tannehill had PLENTY of time to line up and call a play at the line of scrimmage instead of hurrying just to kill the ball and waste a down as they needed all they could get. They had the Ravens reeling.

Not sure they had the Ravens reeling as that Gibson catch was the result of a broken play on 4th down, but I agree with your larger point. Quick snap, quick pass for an extra 7 or 8 yards to at least ensure makeable field goal range.

Missed field goal was a fitting end to the game today.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:25 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

our line hasnt been strong in a really long time, they had issues even with Sparano here.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:22 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

phinsfansc wrote:
Mike Wallace had a nice game, but also had key drops, which was him MO coming out of Pittsburgh.

Tannehill has had the best deep ball of any quarterback on the Dolphins roster since Dan Marino, but for some reason he is still struggling in getting the ball accurately to Wallace. We didn't bring in Wallace to have to fight for the ball every deep pass, but for his speed in getting a step on the defense. Wallace has been really good at making sure that it does not end up as an interception as he is as physical as he can get, but he is not a big receiver that can wrestle the ball away as Brandon Marshall or Anquon Boldin are. Tannehill and Walllace need to work every day until our next game on chemistry.

And let's not forget that Tannehill never has the time to just sit in the pocket and step into his throws.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:50 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Big Dave wrote:
Tannehill has had the best deep ball of any quarterback on the Dolphins roster since Dan Marino

Matt Moore had a pretty nice deep ball

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:15 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

We sure didn't look like the better team..

We need a o-line.

we need a running game..

We need Wallace to STHU and catch the damm ball.....

2nd and 1 and we could not convert... I just knew right then it was going to be a long long game..

amazed we kept it that close.. This team has HEART! thats for sure!

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:27 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

randylvc wrote:

We need a o-line.

we need a running game..

2nd and 1 and we could not convert... I just knew right then it was going to be a long long game..

They're definitely competitive and have some "cardiac" to them ..... but they're not good enough to overcome the deficiencies. That's why even at 3-0 I was worried and the Saints game was going to be the litmus.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:32 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Rock Sexton wrote:
randylvc wrote:

We need a o-line.

we need a running game..

They're definitely competitive and have some "cardiac" to them ..... but they're not good enough to overcome the deficiencies. That's why even at 3-0 I was worried and the Saints game was going to be the litmus.

I agree Rock.. My real fear is that Ryan takes One too many and end up the next Jay Cutler.. . That dude is just starting to get past all the concussions from the first few years behind that crappy bears O-line...

every sack I hold my breath... and that's lots of breathing problems for a old guy like me lol

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:42 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

At this point in their careers I think Matt Moore throws a better deep ball.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:

He has better arc on his deep ball that's for sure.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:50 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AQNOR wrote:

Its just something about the deep ball to Wallace that gets underthrown.

If you watch the deep throw to Hartline (game 1), Wallace (game 2), and Gibson/Hartline/Clay (game 5) they are perfectly thrown passes.

Moore has the perfect arc for his deep ball. Sometimes was underthrown but otherwise very catchable.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]