View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Few Bright Spots in Wake’s Absence 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Few Bright Spots in Wake’s Absence
PFF wrote:
Few Bright Spots in Wake’s Absence

This game provided a rare test of the strength in depth for the Dolphins’ defensive line, with star defensive end Cameron Wake out through injury. As if to mirror the theme for the whole game, there was both encouragement and discouragement for Miami without their star pass rusher against one of the league’s better offensive lines. In the first half, Olivier Vernon made a real nuisance of himself collecting five pressures (1 Sk, 4 Hu), predominantly to the outside of the Saints’ tackles, but collected no pressure on 17 second-half pass rushes. Those five pressures from Vernon accounted for more than the rest of the team put together, with Jared Odrick notching a sack while Derrick Shelby and Dion Jordan accounted for a pressure apiece. All of this led to Brees being pressured on only 6 of his 42 drop-backs — only Matt Cassel was pressured on a lower percentage of drop-backs this week. Vernon’s first half backed up a solid showing against the Falcons last week, but the rest of the Dolphins’ pass rush performance in this game only places more importance on Wake’s health and return to the lineup.

Also ...

Quote:
This was a good game for tackling with both defenses missing only two tackles apiece, and the special teams units adding three more to that total.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... no-week-4/

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:38 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Few Bright Spots in Wake’s Absence
Oddrick looked very good out there, not just the sack and pressures, but also a couple TFL's getting the RB in the backfield. Also the return of Solia was very noticable, I know he is a bit out of the normal age range, but would not mind seeing him here a couple more years.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:34 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

10acjed wrote:
Also the return of Solia was very noticable, I know he is a bit out of the normal age range, but would not mind seeing him here a couple more years.

I think the last couple of games has shown those of us who said to "replace him in the draft" that it isn't that easy to replace a playmaker of his importance. I would extend his contract. He's that important to this defense.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:57 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I would extend him now.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]