View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 15-1 Bus Baby!!! 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post 15-1 Bus Baby!!!
:fart: Seriously, did we really think they were going to beat a superbowl caliber team, on the road, on MNF? Someone said it best...no this team isn't in the same class with Denver, Seattle, NO and NE....but it is clear they are good enough to make a playoff run. The hope is that they get better with each game. Playing in the system and building chemisty. Once a team is in the post season....anything can happen. So there not where they need to be. RT needs to step up his game. The OL needs to step up their game. The good news is there aren't too many pumped up Saints teams on the schedule. Get back to basics and take care of Baltimore and 4-1 will be sweet. :yay:

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:47 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: 15-1 Bus Baby!!!
Lets just remember where we were before the season.

A perpetual loser with a boring offense and what seemed to be a team lacking talent. And even after all of the money spent in free agency, there were doubts.

This is an arrow up team. You have to keep your expectations grounded. We weren't going to go 16-0. We're probably not going to win the Superbowl... we may even have a winning record and miss the playoffs. But at least for the first time in a long time, we can feel good about the future of our young and growing team.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:50 pm

Rich wrote:
Lets just remember where we were before the season.

A perpetual loser with a boring offense and what seemed to be a team lacking talent. And even after all of the money spent in free agency, there were doubts.

This is an arrow up team. You have to keep your expectations grounded. We weren't going to go 16-0. We're probably not going to win the Superbowl... we may even have a winning record and miss the playoffs. But at least for the first time in a long time, we can feel good about the future of our young and growing team.

:awe:

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:59 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I am looking forward to more wins. :goteam:

Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:00 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Here you go, Junkie:

Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:07 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator

Im telling you , there are not many more losses on this schedule until the first playoff game.
I never wanted to go undefeated anyway. To much pressure going down the stretch plus the whole giving Mercury Morris a reason for being thing.
But this is a playoff team & by the end of the season we will be looking back at New England.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:20 pm

Yeap...gotta trust that Philbin will work out the kinks and have this team ready to play against Baltimore.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:19 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
Yeap...gotta trust that Philbin will work out the kinks and have this team ready to play against Baltimore.

I already imagine a game plan like they had against Indy. Hit Wallace early, try to score quick, and hopefully use the run game to grind down the clock in the 2nd half (well, I guess a ground game similar to last night.

Put Flacco in a position of playing from behind and forcing throws that lead to turnovers.

Have Tannehill just play a smart, efficient game that can hopefully use a bit more play action. No need for hero throws.

Call me arrogant but I expect 4-1 after playing against a Ravens team that seems to have some problems right now.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:46 pm

Miami doesn't have anymore definite losses on the schedule. Some tough games, but every one of them winnable.

I think they find a way to split with NE and Buffalo, sweep the Jets. Probably lose in Cincy on a short week (coming off the NE game).

Maybe you slip against Pittsburgh in Pitt, or at home against an athletic QB like Cam Newton...You never know what happens. It's a long season. But as long as they beat Baltimore this weekend, they have no excuse not to win 10 games.

The good thing is that you already have wins against 2 AFC teams that looked poised to make runs at the Playoffs as well. Atlanta will also start to rack up some wins, and I think Baltimore after their bye week will too.

The strength of victory/schedule should work towards Miami's favor.

Beat Baltimore this weekend, and now coming off the bye week against a soft schedule, you have room for stumbles. Even .500 football over the next 10 games puts you in a finale against a bad Jets team, at home, with a shot to win your 10th game and probably make the Playoffs.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:13 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I don't know guys. While I think the schedule is favorable for us, who would have thought the Giant, Steelers, redskins, Falcons, and Vikings would only have a total of 2 wins.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]