View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 Saints’ Galette: Dolphins aren’t as good as everyone said 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Saints’ Galette: Dolphins aren’t as good as everyone said
If anyone said we were elite after a 3-0 start, they were being unrealistic. I think most of us know that the Dolphins are a good football team they are up and coming. I think this young team will improve steadily, but I am afraid that the offensive line is just not up to the task. I think the Dolphins weren't ready defensively to handle all the weapons they faced, and I am sure they could have used a Cam Wake to put pressure on Brees.

Quote:
Saints’ Junior Galette: Dolphins aren’t as good as everyone said

In a Monday night battle of teams that entered the game 3-0, the Saints looked like Super Bowl contenders, while the Dolphins did not. After the game, one Saints player said the Dolphins were never as good as that 3-0 record suggested.

Saints outside linebacker Junior Galette said the Dolphins really weren’t a very good team, and the Saints had an easy night.

“I just don’t feel that team was as good as everybody was saying they were,” Galette said. “We just abused the offensive line all game.”

Galette was one of four Saints who sacked Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill, and Galette also hit Tannehill as he was passing once, and tipped a pass that was intercepted. So he has every right to claim the Saints’ defense abused the Dolphins’ offense. Still, maybe from the Saints’ perspective, it would be preferable to say that they’re better than everyone thought, rather than saying the Dolphins are worse than everyone thought.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... yone-said/

Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:08 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Saints’ Galette: Dolphins aren’t as good as everyone said
Funny how the Saints should have been beaten by the Bucs. It's easy to win in your cozy dome bro.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:13 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

All game? Tannehill looked pretty comfortable in the first half... clearly the Saints defense made some adjustments in the second half and just blew through the line the rest of the game.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:14 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Bulletin board material.

Pretty sure he racked up his stats when the game was already over.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:19 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

IamPZ wrote:
All game? Tannehill looked pretty comfortable in the first half... clearly the Saints defense made some adjustments in the second half and just blew through the line the rest of the game.

The adjustment was the offense got a good lead allowing the pass rush to take over....

Side Note, Soliai was the man last night.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:08 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:

I love watching dominant DT's. Tim Bowens was my favorite player (outside of Marino) and Soliai makes me remember sometimes what it was like to watch him.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:09 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

I love watching dominant DT's. Tim Bowens was my favorite player (outside of Marino) and Soliai makes me remember sometimes what it was like to watch him.

Gardener and Tim Bo!

You could see Gardeners brain with his helmet off :grin:

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:17 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rock Sexton wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

I love watching dominant DT's.

The Dolphins may need to pony up and sign him to a nice contract. I remember him taking below market value last time. He hasn't been greedy and a lot of teams would love to have him. Even in our own division.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:28 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator

This is a very good and dangerous team that no team should want to face. Not Denver , NE ... or any team.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:35 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

This is a very good and dangerous team that no team should want to face. Not Denver , NE ... or any team.

Do you act this way at work and at home, always being sarcastic?? Just curious as I rarely ever read into a serious post from you!!!

:pumpiron:

Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:43 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Finhead34 wrote:

Do you act this way at work and at home, always being sarcastic?? Just curious as I rarely ever read into a serious post from you!!!

He used to be negative about everything... biggest non-homer. His new schtick is this... but as with any other schtick, when you get it in too many doses, it starts making you dizzy...

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:43 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

IamPZ wrote:

It was more Sherman's doing that the Saints. The plan to not include Miller or the running game in the gameplan in the 2nd half allowed the Saints to pin their ears back. Probably because Miller had a great first half. Can't do what works...that's too easy....3rd and inches...STUDENT BODY LEFT ..... :cry:

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:50 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

It was more Sherman's doing that the Saints. The plan to not include Miller or the running game in the gameplan in the 2nd half allowed the Saints to pin their ears back. Probably because Miller had a great first half. Can't do what works...that's too easy....3rd and inches...STUDENT BODY LEFT ..... :cry:

They didn't abandon the run until it was 28-10 late 3rd...And you want to run?

I agree that call sucked from the recliner but i'm guessing they saw a tendency...

Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:08 pm

Kev - as a coach I learned one thing very quickly....you do something until they stop it. Miami was gouging the NO Saints on the ground with Miller by running straight at them on delays and off tackle runs. Maybe they "saw" a tendency but you go with what has been working...PERIOD. If Miami can't pick up 3rd and inches with a FB and Miller...then you kick a FG. You don't get cute. As for quiting the run...yes they quit running way too early. They were moving the football well and should've kept that in the gameplan.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:15 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
Kev - as a coach I learned one thing very quickly....you do something until they stop it. Miami was gouging the NO Saints on the ground with Miller by running straight at them on delays and off tackle runs. Maybe they "saw" a tendency but you go with what has been working...PERIOD. If Miami can't pick up 3rd and inches with a FB and Miller...then you kick a FG. You don't get cute. As for quiting the run...yes they quit running way too early. They were moving the football well and should've kept that in the gameplan.

I don't agree... The clock is the enemy that late. maybe a surprise draw now and again but you are in save the clock mode and very desperate at that point..18 minutes or so left in the game...
If the game was close or we were ahead,Yes absolutly.

That was Sparano's game and the reason we couldn't hang with teams with high power offenses.

The play of running Thomas who is slow to begin with and regularly trips over blades of grass sucked

Last edited by Kev1321 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Have to disagree Kev... when you're facing the kind of pressure the Dolphins were seeing, nothing works as well as going hurry up and calling a few run plays. When you completely abandon the run, it makes it to easy for the pass rush.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:41 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
Have to disagree Kev... when you're facing the kind of pressure the Dolphins were seeing, nothing works as well as going hurry up and calling a few run plays. When you completely abandon the run, it makes it to easy for the pass rush.

Hurry up with that crowd noise isn't a great option either..And you would have to run hurry up just to make up for the time...I agree a few runs would be effective. Like i said a couple draws would help the pass rush but there just wasn't much time. It was 28-10 and really 35-10 at the blink of an eye. 8 minutes left 3rd before the run was out the window

Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Finhead34 wrote:

You think that after the first 4 games a contender wants to face us in a one game playoff?? Now things can change. If we get blown out by NE I will change my tune. Im just a believer , at least for this season. You need a bit of luck to get you thru a season as well as skill. While I know there was nothing lucky about last nite I just look at things & think we are in a great spot. If things stay status quo I think we are good. I am not some wacky homer , guys who have been here awhile know that. I am a realist ... if this team sucked history will tell you that I would be posting that all the time. I like the QB , its a QB driven league , therefore I am positive. Plus I am telling you , NE will falter at some point ... soon.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:28 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
You think that after the first 4 games a contender wants to face us in a one game playoff?? Now things can change. If we get blown out by NE I will change my tune. Im just a believer , at least for this season. You need a bit of luck to get you thru a season as well as skill. While I know there was nothing lucky about last nite I just look at things & think we are in a great spot. If things stay status quo I think we are good. I am not some wacky homer , guys who have been here awhile know that. I am a realist ... if this team sucked history will tell you that I would be posting that all the time. I like the QB , its a QB driven league , therefore I am positive. Plus I am telling you , NE will falter at some point ... soon.

We just got slapped around by a contender Finesse. You think things would fare better vs. a team like Denver who is lighting up the league right now? They would be licking their chops to face us in their house, which would most likely be the case t'wer it a playoff game.

If things stay status quo (i.e. the O-line continues to falter, we don't get consistent contribution from our prized $60 million man, etc.) it's going to get a lot more difficult as the rest of the season progresses. We pulled some games out vs. Indy and Atlanta not playing complete football and disguising the secondary's shortcomings, but you can't get away with that the whole year. The tape is now out there on us. They absolutely have to figure out a way to adjust.

Btw we had our chance to get the jump on NE. Unfortunately they're 4-0 and only going to get healthier minus Wilfork. But will that even matter given how hard it is for Sherman to commit to Miller? If there's a man on the planet studying up on what the Saints did to us last night it's BB.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:16 pm

2-2 through 4 games in 2008 including a prime time thrashing by the Arizona Cardinals in week 2. I believe they scored like 31 points with a nobody at QB. Perspective. The season is a marathon not a sprint. This young team has a lot to learn and is certainly not ready to play against the elite teams just yet. But give them a season of confidence building wins and a playoff berth....anything is possible. Like Finesse...I choose to believe.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:27 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

said the overrated defender that plays for a team with one of the best offenses in football history.
That big mouthed nobody and his boys didnt do squat until Brees put them up by 18. Thats the only time a Rob Ryan defense is good, when they have a lead and they know the offense has become one-dimensional.

And no one called us elite. Most of the experts were doubting us all week. But we were a true 3-0. We beat better teams than the rest of the undefeateds. I think KC is the one thats not for real. Havent beaten anyone good or on the road.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:13 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
Funny how the Saints should have been beaten by the Bucs. It's easy to win in your cozy dome bro.

the Bears will beat them this week.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:19 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:

He used to be negative about everything... biggest non-homer. His new schtick is this... but as with any other schtick, when you get it in too many doses, it starts making you dizzy...

So basically its like watching every Steven Seagal movie post - Under Siege.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:12 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
FINesse wrote:

We just got slapped around by a contender Finesse. You think things would fare better vs. a team like Denver who is lighting up the league right now? They would be licking their chops to face us in their house, which would most likely be the case t'wer it a playoff game.

If things stay status quo (i.e. the O-line continues to falter, we don't get consistent contribution from our prized $60 million man, etc.) it's going to get a lot more difficult as the rest of the season progresses. We pulled some games out vs. Indy and Atlanta not playing complete football and disguising the secondary's shortcomings, but you can't get away with that the whole year. The tape is now out there on us. They absolutely have to figure out a way to adjust.

Btw we had our chance to get the jump on NE. Unfortunately they're 4-0 and only going to get healthier minus Wilfork. But will that even matter given how hard it is for Sherman to commit to Miller? If there's a man on the planet studying up on what the Saints did to us last night it's BB.

Its a matter of cleaning things up. I would not argue Miami is a contender, but they can give better teams a good fight.

Sherman's play call and Tannehill's two turnover probably left a TD and at least two FGs on the field. Even if NO kept up their scoring we're looking at a 21-20 game starting the 2nd half. No pressure to catch up, better confidence and different momentum.

I think that possibility is there, even with some of the defensive flaws. The defense seemed to lose morale after the 3 and out to start the 2nd half. Again, if those things get cleaned up and the offense is more consistent going forward teams will have some concern if Miami is on their schedule.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:20 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Its a matter of cleaning things up. I would not argue Miami is a contender, but they can give better teams a good fight.

Sherman's play call and Tannehill's two turnover probably left a TD and at least two FGs on the field. Even if NO kept up their scoring we're looking at a 21-20 game starting the 2nd half. No pressure to catch up, better confidence and different momentum.

I think that possibility is there, even with some of the defensive flaws. The defense seemed to lose morale after the 3 and out to start the 2nd half. Again, if those things get cleaned up and the offense is more consistent going forward teams will have some concern if Miami is on their schedule.

They also did not have to worry about Cam Wake getting to their quarterback.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]