View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Looking like JT to NY 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Looking like JT to NY
The Jason Taylor decision is taking longer than some folks in the Jets' organization expected, but they're giving him his space and it looks like they will be rewarded. The word close to Taylor is that he's leaning heavily toward accepting the Jets' offer, believed to be a two-year contract.

Not sure why it's taking so long, but don't be surprised if it goes into next week. Obviously, the Jets want to know before the draft, next Thursday, because it could have a dramatic impact on their draft strategy.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:51 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Re: Looking like JT to NY
Why would JT wanna go Jets when Fins has improve ALOT with addition of Marshall, Dansby and DEF coach MIKE NOLAN....dont JT think he has a better chance to win in Miami than JETsuck?? JT should wait and see wht fins does with the draft and maybe BP and staff will offer him a contract if JT truly want to stay in Miami....

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:54 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

At this point I really don't care what JT does.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:02 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

finfever33 wrote:
Why would JT wanna go Jets when Fins has improve ALOT with addition of Marshall, Dansby and DEF coach MIKE NOLAN

Oh, I can think of several million reasons why.

The Jets are offering JT a job. The Dolphins have not.

It looks like he is stuck in the middle. The Jets may pull their offer if they draft a pass rusher, and the Dolphins do not want to commit until the draft unfolds as they may not need him.

I hate to say it, but it doesn't look good for us. In my opinion, this isn't how you treat a Miami icon.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:20 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Yeah thats what it comes down to dollors and cents on both parts why pay the dollors if it dont make cents to keep JT with the draft a week away and what cents does it make for JT to not go get his dollors

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:27 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I really think it's our FO kind of seeing how bad JT wants to stay in Miami and JT wanting to see how bad our FO wants him to be here and noone is willing to move until they see a sign... I think that you just have to ask yourself, meaning the powers to be, are you better with JT for the next 2 years or not? In my opinion, he is still a force if your division rival is wanting him so bad. But, I will say this... If JT really wanted to go to the Jets then he would have already signed a contract and went. From the way I hear they have treated him and what they are proposing his job description will be, it all sounds like a win win for him. So, with that being said, I really believe that he is holding out till the last minute for an offer from us.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:34 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Big Dave wrote:
In my opinion, this isn't how you treat a Miami icon.

I will whole heartedly 2nd that opinion. Show this guy some darn respect.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:42 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Part of me agrees with showing Jason respect, but part of me remembers he wanted the hell out of Miami when Parcells was bought in also a few years ago along with the whole "Dancing with the Stars" fiasco.

Personally I think it would be a good move to bring him back to have some veteran leadership on a increasingly young team, and he was solid for Miami last year.

Hate to see him join the Jets, but it's business.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:18 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I think that JT knows the score. I think the FO had been upfront with him from the start that's the reason for the 1 year contract. I think that they let him know that they were looking to upgrade the position and that he would be a viable option if they couldn't get that done. He didn't feel it was right and pursued other options. He's taking his time because of the draft. If Miami actually doesn't get who they wanted or sees that there would be room JT will be back.
IamPZ wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
In my opinion, this isn't how you treat a Miami icon.

I will whole heartedly 2nd that opinion. Show this guy some darn respect.

Yes JT is a huge icon for what he's done in the past. Same goes for Marino, Duper, and Clayton but, unfortunately that's not going to win us any games. I can appreciate what he has done for the organization in the past but you have to question his loyalty after the whole DWTS fiasco.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:33 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
finfever33 wrote:
Why would JT wanna go Jets when Fins has improve ALOT with addition of Marshall, Dansby and DEF coach MIKE NOLAN

Oh, I can think of several million reasons why.

The Jets are offering JT a job. The Dolphins have not.

It looks like he is stuck in the middle. The Jets may pull their offer if they draft a pass rusher, and the Dolphins do not want to commit until the draft unfolds as they may not need him.

I hate to say it, but it doesn't look good for us. In my opinion, this isn't how you treat a Miami icon.

If we had any idea of what was happening between the Phins and JT behind closed doors, I might agree with you. Perhaps they already told him we would sign him, but not until after the draft so we could keep the fog machine running at full tilt. None of us know what's happening.

Either way, if he goes to the Jets, he's no longer a Dolphin. Ever.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:02 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Miami Dolphins' Jason Taylor puts decision on hold

With his future still in flux and a decision still not made, Miami Dolphins linebacker Jason Taylor will put the stress on the backburner for the next several days as he retreats with his family for a prearranged vacation, sources told The Miami Herald.

Taylor is leaving the country Thursday. He does not plan to make a decision about his future (whether to sign with the Jets or wait on the Dolphins) until after his return, sources said Thursday.

The Dolphins, meanwhile, are not making any more of a push toward retaining Taylor. They are maintaining their stance that he must wait until after next weekend's draft, when Miami could add an outside linebacker, if he wants to stick around.

Team sources said the Dolphins were unable to conduct a previously scheduled private meeting between Taylor and coach Tony Sparano as a result of the organization's own decision to hold off on the meeting. A reason for the cancellation was not provided.

The team's decision to call off the meeting isn't likely going to sit well with Taylor, who already was frustrated by the lack of communication between he and the Dolphins. Still, despite those frustrations, Taylor had not yet committed to the Jets.

Taylor's increased aggravation with the lack of communication is making him more comfortable with the prospect of leaving South Florida. Regardless, even with his agent's continued push to get him to leave Miami for the Jets, Taylor has not yet wanted to pull the trigger himself, sources said.

more....
http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/15/1 ... -puts.html

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:39 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

hope he stays but it is his decision i think. almost like farve going to the vikes

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:48 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

JT needs to come back. We need all the veteran leadership we can get, especially with Marshall now in the fold.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:04 pm

Seems like the Jets & Dolphins going out & making all these moves , signing all these stars with questionable off the field habits , big names , large contracts & now JT is in the fray for both of them .... I cant help but think while they have been quiet in free agency & are just stockpiling draft picks , the Patriots will still win this division for years to come.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:40 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

FINesse wrote:
Seems like the Jets & Dolphins going out & making all these moves , signing all these stars with questionable off the field habits , big names , large contracts & now JT is in the fray for both of them .... I cant help but think while they have been quiet in free agency & are just stockpiling draft picks , the Patriots will still win this division for years to come.

You make a good point, what have they been planing up there, have they made any moves as of yet? But thats been there way of doing things they never jump the gun on players ether. They take a wait and see, then react like in the draft. I dont want to say that they will win the Div this year think we are on there hills now.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]