View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 PFF - Notable Dolphins Performances 
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post PFF - Notable Dolphins Performances
Let's start with the unit that has struggled the most - Offensive Line
The results were mixed. Richie Incognito was the Dolphins best offensive lineman in this game, with a 1.6 pass block and a 0.6 run block grade. Incognito had a 2.5 overall. He allowed no sacks or pressures.

Jonathan Martin had a 0.7 pass block and a 0.1 run block grade for an overall of 1.2. He allowed 2 pressures.

Mike Pouncey had a 0.5 pass block, 0.4 run block and a 0.5 screen block grade, but allowed one sack. He was a 1.6 overall.

John Jerry had a 0.1 pass block, but a -1.9 run block. He allowed 2 pressures and was a -1.5 overall.

Lastly, Tyson Clabo had a -0.8 pass block but a 0.6 run block and 0.5 screen block for an overall of 0.7. He allowed 2 sacks and 2 pressures.

Other blockers:
Charles Clay had a good game pass blocking (0.3) and screen blocking (0.5) but needs improvement run blocking -0.4.

The 0.5 screen block grades above were all on the Mike Wallace bubble screen.

The 5 sacks allowed were by Clabo (2), Lamar Miller, Daniel Thomas and Mike Pouncey.

In coverage:
Brent Grimes had a grade of 4.5, allowing 6 catches and 94 yards on 10 targets, 1 INT and 3 passes defensed. QB rating allowed was 51.7.

Nolan Carroll had an outstanding game, allowing 3 catches on 8 targets for 41 yards. He had 2 passes defensed and a rating of 54.7.

Chris Clemons allowed 2 catches on 6 targets for 21 yards and had a pass defensed. He should have also had an INT. He allowed a QB rating of 44.4.

Jimmy Wilson was the goal, allowing 4 receptions on 5 targets for 51 yards. He allowed a QB rating of 109.2 and had an overall of -1.3.

Overall Defense
Brent Grimes graded out as the top defender with a 4.9 overall. Randy Starks was second with a 4.5 overall.

On the negative side, Olivier Vernon graded out poorly as both a run stuff and a pass rusher. He had an overall of -6.0. Vernon has had a bad start as he graded out at -4.0 against the Browns. Incidentally, teams have had some success running the ball to the outside on Vernon.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:46 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: PFF - Notable Dolphins Performances
Could we see Odrick moved back to DE with Vernons struggles?

Can't be letting up huge chunks against these elite teams coming up.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:50 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

On the negative side, Olivier Vernon graded out poorly as both a run stuff and a pass rusher. He had an overall of -6.0. Vernon has had a bad start as he graded out at -4.0 against the Browns. Incidentally, teams have had some success running the ball to the outside on Vernon

Dion Jordan?

Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:14 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
On the negative side, Olivier Vernon graded out poorly as both a run stuff and a pass rusher. He had an overall of -6.0. Vernon has had a bad start as he graded out at -4.0 against the Browns. Incidentally, teams have had some success running the ball to the outside on Vernon

Dion Jordan?

Shelby

Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:17 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Shelby

Good point.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:47 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Fresh off watching the game, Pouncey had a couple of killer blocks on sweeps. Vernon was being held a lot, that doesn't factor in if its not called.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:55 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Starks in the middle with Odrick at the end....

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:24 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

marc23 wrote:

Then who is your 3rd tackle?

They Great depth at end why in the world would you weaken the tackle spot? For something I might add,isn't broke......

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:40 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

NFLJunkie wrote:
Fresh off watching the game, Pouncey had a couple of killer blocks on sweeps. Vernon was being held a lot, that doesn't factor in if its not called.

Pouncey is a freegin stud.

I rarely say this, but he's a weapon on the OL. Worth the 1st round pick. Glad I was wrong about him.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:43 am

yeah there was one play where he crushed Vontae Davis and sprung Miller for 10yds....that was a lot of man getting out there quickly to blow up the edge.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:59 am

Kev1321 wrote:
marc23 wrote:

They Great depth at end why in the world would you weaken the tackle spot? For something I might add,isn't broke......

Well according to PFF, Olivier Vernon is broken...

Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:22 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
marc23 wrote:

Well according to PFF, Olivier Vernon is broken...

I was talking about the rotation..If you were to change starters the best option would be Shelby not weaken d-tackle..Oddrick imo is much better suited for tackle..

All due respect to PFF but two weeks of play don't mean you bench someone(AND I KNOW THATS NOT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING)..If that was the case we wouldn't have an o line

Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:37 pm

Kev1321 wrote:
All due respect to PFF but two weeks of play don't mean you bench someone(AND I KNOW THATS NOT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING)..If that was the case we wouldn't have an o line

It's something to watch. Also, as bad as the offensive line is playing, who is coming off the bench at tackle and outplaying the starter?

Right now, Shelby is outplaying Vernon. A couple more bad games and Vernon might be relegated to the bench. Which I would hate to see, I want to see UM guys succeed, but right now Vernon's not getting it done.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:58 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

It's something to watch. Also, as bad as the offensive line is playing, who is coming off the bench at tackle and outplaying the starter?

Right now, Shelby is outplaying Vernon. A couple more bad games and Vernon might be relegated to the bench. Which I would hate to see, I want to see UM guys succeed, but right now Vernon's not getting it done.

Looks like Soliai is out anyway

Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]