View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 What happened to the FB 
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

Post What happened to the FB
What happened to the FB poss...

we all know about Larry Csonka..

but man I have to say i miss FB's..

That 1 guy that you hand the ball to when it's 3rd and 2.. the wreaking ball up the middle..

or the keith byers who to me was like the reggie bush of FBs.. the guy could run but he would also trash you up the gut..... and spin out and grad the 1st down in the air

just seems to me like the entire NFL has come to hate using FBs.....

I didn't do the math mind you but i don't think there are many team that have a real duel threat FB anymore...

in 2012
Jorvorskie Lane ran for crap... BUT he did catch 11 passes on 12 targets and had a 7.2 average
1 rec TD and 2 Running TDs.. you have to admit the kid had good hands... i think he blocked for crap but our o-line was not great either...

but look at a guy like John Kuhn..
in his prime the guy was a beast 70% of the time he got teh ball it was for a 1st down in 2013 ya he is no longer in his prime.. but he is a solid short yard guy for sure.. he has decent hands as well but they just don't use hi for short yard passing much.. 13 for 81 yards...

Stanley Havili. this guy is solid IMO.. solid blocker that can flex out as needed... he seems to read defenses well.. something our entire line lacked... the kid can run he is pretty fast and he has great hands.. and yet the eagles trade him to the colts..

Bruce Miller with the 49'ers had a solid year 25 rec for 243 yards ...

is it because of the call for more TE sets? many teams are not using FBs at all...

me i like options and weapons... but i love having that wreaking ball... you know that guy you hand the ball too on 3rd or 4th and 1 or 2 and as soon as he touches the ball you get that tingle that says "we got this"

I do like much of the new NFL.. the high powered off can be fun to watch... but a little smash mouth now and then... it's missing IMO...

I miss Full Backs and the coaches that knew how to use them...

Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:50 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: What happened to the FB
Vonta Leach would've definitely been a huge plus for the offense this season. I could see us at least winning one more game with him on the squad (enough for a playoff run) with just a couple key short yard conversions that the Fins failed, leading to losses.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:36 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: What happened to the FB
I loved Lousaka Polite!

First down machine!

Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]