View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 I officially dub Dion Jordan "Dances wth Tackles" 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post I officially dub Dion Jordan "Dances wth Tackles"
The guy doesn't get off the LOS fast, tries to juke the tackle and then settles for a bullrush. I guess what bothers me is he just doesn't look like he's putting in 100% effort. The one time he managed to touch the QB...he grabs the guys facemask. So far, not impressed.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:36 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: I officially dub Dion Jordan "Dances wth Tackles"
Easy now or else you will start the campaign for the "Whine n Cheese" award!! lol

It is just his first game and he did register his very first NFL sack, so that is a positive! There was a few plays where you could see his motor.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:53 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Finhead34 wrote:
Easy now or else you will start the campaign for the "Whine n Cheese" award!! lol

Or Biggest Knee Jerk award...

Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:55 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rich wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:

Or Biggest Knee Jerk award...

Exactly.

PS: We are going to the Super Bowl.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:01 pm

Look, just calling it like I see it. He needs to put on about 20lbs of muscle and he might be ready it a season or 2....but is that really what you trade up in the draft to get...a project? If not for his draft status he wouldn't be sniffing the field.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:22 pm

Finhead34 wrote:

It is just his first game and he did register his very first NFL sack, so that is a positive! There was a few plays where you could see his motor.

You mean the one where the QB was chased his direction while he was dancing with tackles and he managed to reach out and grab he facemask and pull the QB down to the turf? I'd rather have let Weeden throw it.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:23 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I still think being a rookie, being injured and recovering most of the off season that he showed flashes of his motor in his first NFL game and came up with an official sack. Not bad in a limited amount of time played too.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:38 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Shelby looked good

Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:41 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

NFLJunkie wrote:
The guy doesn't get off the LOS fast, tries to juke the tackle and then settles for a bullrush. I guess what bothers me is he just doesn't look like he's putting in 100% effort. The one time he managed to touch the QB...he grabs the guys facemask. So far, not impressed.

He looked pretty good to me, Junkie. He is a rookie who hasn't been 100% since his senior year and played like it. I'd give him time to knock the rust off and get the hang of the speed of the NFL. The coaching staff was definitely working him slowly into the rotation. He didn't line up as a defensive player until the 4th (?) quarter. He was primarily special teams until that point.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:33 pm
Profile WWW

Big Dave wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

He looked pretty good to me, Junkie. He is a rookie who hasn't been 100% since his senior year and played like it. I'd give him time to knock the rust off and get the hang of the speed of the NFL. The coaching staff was definitely working him slowly into the rotation. He didn't line up as a defensive player until the 4th (?) quarter. He was primarily specials until that point.

Dave,
You know I've watched young guys come in and they just hustle everywhere. He almost looks like he's not getting after it. Maybe I"m being a little harsh, but right now this is looking more and more like a questionable move to trade up and grab him.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:36 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

My feed was not the greatest but I did not see what you are saying Junkie. Oh and I unofficially un dub him the dances thingy. Not sure how much an unofficial un dubbing is worth but there it is. lol

Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:37 pm

Okay, to quantify it, he tried to speed rush after getting poor jump, faked inside, faked back outside and then went into a bull rush when none of those worked. Joe Thomas is a stud, so I'll cut him some slack. However, he wasn't just a number 1 pick....he was traded up for at like #3. He should be playing every snap and right now Shelby would get the call before him if theres an injury.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:57 pm

Holy knee jerk Batman! it's week 1

Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:55 pm

swerve13 wrote:

Season's over.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:59 pm

Rich wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Season's over.

didn't we win? LOL

Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:02 pm

swerve13 wrote:

Yes an honest evaluation is a knee jerk. Okay, you homers win. I see the 2nd coming of Lawrence Taylor in him. :hithead:

Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:04 pm

NFLJunkie wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Yes an honest evaluation is a knee jerk. Okay, you homers win. I see the 2nd coming of Lawrence Taylor in him. :hithead:

you're the one damning the pick already after the guy played in one quarter.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:11 pm

A. Show me where I "damned" him.
B. Show me where my analysis is wrong. Feel free to link a video clip.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:20 pm

NFLJunkie wrote:
A. Show me where I "damned" him.
B. Show me where my analysis is wrong. Feel free to link a video clip.

you basically undressed the player and the team for picking him. LOL
What other proof is there?

Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:28 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Well it seem you have given him an OFFICIAL title after one game or was it one play? You don't like it that he was traded up for and is not an every down player even though he has been hurt. Ok. Why belittle the guy? He did get a sack. He also did some things that were not good. What would have been your reaction, I wonder, if someone after his one sack would have officially dubbed him
"Sack Master" or some other similar title?

Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:30 pm

so after one game we've had guys on here give up on Dion Jordan and lamar Miller. LOL
Tannehill is next to get the axe!!! Then it's Wake's turn.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:33 pm

AQNOR wrote:
Well it seem you have given him an OFFICIAL title after one game or was it one play? You don't like it that he was traded up for and is not an every down player even though he has been hurt. Ok. Why belittle the guy? He did get a sack. He also did some things that were not good. What would have been your reaction, I wonder, if someone after his one sack would have officially dubbed him

So he is above criticism? I dubbed him that out of jest and people on here get their panties all bunched up. Geez go watch the game film and then come back at me with facts

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:04 am

swerve13 wrote:
so after one game we've had guys on here give up on Dion Jordan and lamar Miller. LOL

Okay so do you stop reading Riches article after the "good" part because you can't handle a little criticism of coaches or players? Miller sucked today. You turn criticism into the phrase "give on them" Never said it or implied it. Just reported facts you didn't like so out comes the hyperbole.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:09 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Okay so do you stop reading Riches article after the "good" part because you can't handle a little criticism of coaches or players? Miller sucked today. You turn criticism into the phrase "give on them" Never said it or implied it. Just reported facts you didn't like so out comes the hyperbole.

you didn't give up on Miller, somebody else here did though, and said we already need to trade up for a runningback next year.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:11 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

So he is above criticism? I dubbed him that out of jest and people on here get their panties all bunched up. Geez go watch the game film and then come back at me with facts

lol who said he was above criticism please point that out in any of my posts. Why do you feel the need to stoop to a personal attack? Is it possible you are confusing your opinion with facts? It is not my intention to come at you and I don't have access to game film.

But lets look at what you stated. " he just doesn't look like he's putting in 100% effort" is that an opinion or is that a fact? "The one time he managed to touch the QB...he grabs the guys facemask." Is that a fact? According to http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330908005 he was credited with a sack. "Look, just calling it like I see it. He needs to put on about 20lbs of muscle and he might be ready it a season or 2." Is that an opinion or a fact? "However, he wasn't just a number 1 pick....he was traded up for at like #3. He should be playing every snap" Is that an opinion or a fact? "Okay, to quantify it, he tried to speed rush after getting poor jump, faked inside, faked back outside and then went into a bull rush when none of those worked. Joe Thomas is a stud, so I'll cut him some slack." I do not remember the play but I will accept that is an accurate description. I am sure he had some other bad plays as well like the face mask penalty. Is it possible that others may not agree with what seems to be your opinion in a lot of cases based on limited playing time? Are you saying that in this discussion you get to state your opinion and that others need to only use "facts"?

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:36 am

LOL, oh how I've missed Junkie's rambling rants.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:40 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

As Dion's biggest supporter I'll say this:

It's what I expected. He looked like crap coming back from an injury against Joe Thomas......Against Joe Thomas.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:26 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

He's a rookie. It is ONE game and his very first NFL game after coming back from a surgery. IMO, I just don't get the harsh criticism right off the bat and judging off limited time on the field.

The good news is the season isn't a sprint it is a marathon, so let's sit back give the kid "some" time as I am quite sure the coaches are bringing him along slowly on purpose.

It was nice to see all the lineman penetrate to the passer including Shelby as that keeps the legs fresh up front and the QB under even more duress. Wait til Jordan gets healthier and more involved, I will bet our DC will drum up ways to get him involved more and more. The kid is very athletic.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:31 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

It's not even one game, it's part of a quarter.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:34 am
Profile WWW

NFLJunkie wrote:

Just to clarify the difference between fact and opinion:

This is an example of a fact:

I think Dion Jordan was a bad pick.

This is an example of opinion:

Anyone else thinking someone I like was a bad pick.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:38 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

If you want to dub him anything, dub him the man who can't stay healthy. I believe he got hurt in the 4th quarter.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:00 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I think Dion Jordan was a bad pick

No, that's an opinion Junkie. A dead give away with an opinion is when the statement starts with "I think". A fact is something that can be proven. A fact would be "Jordan was a 1st rd pick" or "Jordan recorded his 1st sack".

Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:11 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I believe he got hurt in the 4th quarter.

Durability was a knock on him coming out of college. With Shelby emerging as a force, maybe Dion should take time off and get 100% before we ruin this kid.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:14 am

Quote:
But lets look at what you stated. " he just doesn't look like he's putting in 100% effort" is that an opinion or is that a fact? "The one time he managed to touch the QB...he grabs the guys facemask." Is that a fact? According to http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330908005 he was credited with a sack. "Look, just calling it like I see it. He needs to put on about 20lbs of muscle and he might be ready it a season or 2." Is that an opinion or a fact? "However, he wasn't just a number 1 pick....he was traded up for at like #3. He should be playing every snap" Is that an opinion or a fact? "Okay, to quantify it, he tried to speed rush after getting poor jump, faked inside, faked back outside and then went into a bull rush when none of those worked. Joe Thomas is a stud, so I'll cut him some slack." I do not remember the play but I will accept that is an accurate description. I am sure he had some other bad plays as well like the face mask penalty. Is it possible that others may not agree with what seems to be your opinion in a lot of cases based on limited playing time? Are you saying that in this discussion you get to state your opinion and that others need to only use "facts"?

I watched the guy from the moment he came on the field. He look like a RB trying to juke a tackler on almost every rush (fact, go watch the tape). His one "sack" came when the QB was forced to his side where he was able to reach out and grab the facemask (fact). He was in the standing position while rushing from the edge (who does that?) <----opinion

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:17 am

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

NFLJunkie didn't write the above lines. Thrawn-lite is about ready to open a can of whoopazz

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:20 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Dont nobody be sayin nothing bad about Dion, ohhh no, not Dion...

:ann0y:

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:27 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

NFLJunkie didn't write the above lines. Thrawn-lite is about ready to open a can of whoopazz

I like how it fooled Mak. :)

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:27 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
He was in the standing position while rushing from the edge (who does that?) <----opinion

Like almost every 3-4 OLB in the NFL...?

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:28 am

It was so Junkie-like how could it not... :bad:

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:29 am

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
He was in the standing position while rushing from the edge (who does that?) <----opinion

Like almost every 3-4 OLB in the NFL...?

I've seen some do it, James Harrison most notably. I would think on 3rd and long the guy would try and explode off the line. Maybe it is because on the other side of the DL there is a one man wrecking crew that makes him look slow...

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next