View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Channing Crowder: Ricky Williams smoked weed before games 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Channing Crowder: Ricky Williams smoked weed before games
As the 2013 NFL regular season prepares to launch in one of the two states where it’s now legal to smoke marijuana, let’s reflect on one of the more prominent marijuana smokers who played pro football in recent years.

Former Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder said Wednesday on WQAM radio in Miami that former Dolphins running back Ricky Williams routinely smoked marijuana before games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s/related/

Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:31 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Channing Crowder: Ricky Williams smoked weed before games
Is this supposed to be something new?

Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:47 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

...and Clam Chowder talked trash even though he hadn't tackled anyone.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:13 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Am I supposed to care that Ricky toked up before games? Because I really, really don't

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

And in other news, Channing Crowder is still a nobody looking for a moment in the spotlight.
Hey, if you got no game, just make stuff up so people will pay attention to you.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:37 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Poor Ricky, he smoked pot because Wanny rant him too much and he retired because he was tired, poor Ricky....

Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:26 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

That one year in particular where Ricky had 1853 yards and 16 touchdowns was so much fun to watch.

Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:33 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Finhead34 wrote:
That one year in particular where Ricky had 1853 yards and 16 touchdowns was so much fun to watch.

Yep, and he was smoking like crazy. I guess marijuana can now be considered a PED.

Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:34 pm
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

That is so lame that the NFL suspended Ricky (and anyone else) for testing positive for weed. Weed gives athletes no strength or speed advantage. It's relatively safe to use. Meanwhile, the stupid MLB allowed every single star baseball player to roid up for years due to their lack of decent roid testing policies.

Weed just makes people chill out or have munchies. What in God's freaking name is wrong with that? I don't use it and don't want children using it or looking up to people who use it but who freaking cares about weed?

Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:22 pm

Rick wrote:
who freaking cares about weed?

Well... for one it's illegal... and was illegal at the time in 50 states...

Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:28 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Listen to his show as much as I can, was listening when he said this and the laughs they had today about this report...

He did not say ricky smoked before games. The topic was about the NFL's marijuanna policy, and that MJ is just not a PED. He made a sarcastic comment when talking about the 200 yard game vs the Bills that ricky smoked before it..

Today he explained to the conclusion jumpers that in 2002 he was still in high school so he would not know what players did prior to games...

Media BS spinning something from nothing....

Channing also sold his jersey's from UF and sold audographs...

Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:29 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:

Yep, and he was smoking like crazy. I guess marijuana can now be considered a PED.

If that's the case, then I hope Lamar Miller burns a big fat one on Sunday morning.

Really, what Ricky did before he turned his life around is ancient news. Ricky did a 180 with his life and we are always hearing positive news about how he is helping others. Maybe we should focus on that instead. Right, Crowder (who is old news and the same old Crowder).

Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:56 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:23 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Channing Crowder is still bitter that the Dolphins released his underachieving azz and no one picked him up. A complete waste of a third round pick by Nick $atan.

Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:22 pm
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Rich wrote:
Rick wrote:
who freaking cares about weed?

Well... for one it's illegal... and was illegal at the time in 50 states...

The point is we are questioning the stupidity of weed being illegal and the stupidity of weed being a substance that can give athletes an advantage. (the whole point of drug testing athletes).

How many people die of weed?
How many people die of prescription drugs like all of the various opiate based pain killers pills?

Weed being illegal is one of the dumbest, most counter-productive ideas our nation has ever had.
It costs us millions of dollars due to hoards of people going to prison, it makes mexican drug lords into millionaires, and prevents many people from getting a cheaper and safer medication.

And again, I don't use pot, I'm against drugs. I just don't belive pot hurts anyone. It's an antique way of thought to think pot is harmful. It's like thinking the world is flat or that the sun goes around us.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:38 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

TommyNoleFin wrote:
Channing Crowder is still bitter that the Dolphins released his underachieving azz and no one picked him up. A complete waste of a third round pick by Nick $atan.

Listen to his show some, he is far from bitter at the Dolphins. He does not like Ireland, and makes no bones about it.

He gets a bad rap as a hater, he is not. He is actually a Dolphin for life by choice. Not sure I could ever dislike a guy on that alone..

Hey even if he really was not going to get signed, he decided to leave the NFL as a one team player, and that team is the Dolphins... Gotta give him some love for that...

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:12 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rick wrote:

Weed being illegal is one of the dumbest, most counter-productive ideas our nation has ever had.
It costs us millions of dollars due to hoards of people going to prison, it makes mexican drug lords into millionaires, and prevents many people from getting a cheaper and safer medication.

And again, I don't use pot, I'm against drugs. I just don't belive pot hurts anyone. It's an antique way of thought to think pot is harmful. It's like thinking the world is flat or that the sun goes around us.

That may be true Rick, but whether you agree with it or not smoking pot was illegal when this occurred. Ricky Williams chose to break league rules and get suspended multiple times by continuing to smoke pot. To me that is one of the dumbest most counter productive decisions I've ever seen by a professional athlete in my life time. He pissed away several years of his career in the NFL and the potential to earn millions of dollars to smoke pot. The Miami Dolphins paid a lot to get him in the trade. Looking back it was also a bad decision by the Dolphins to put their trust in such a selfish/eccentric man.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]