View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Practice squad rumors and updates 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Practice squad rumors and updates
Makchell wrote:
The Hawks do have a choice, they could have signed him to their active roster when the 9ers came sniffing around. They decided not to.

I was wrong, they did have a choice.

Quote:
Source says 49ers are in talks to sign WR Chris Harper of Seahawks practice squad, but Seahawks are trying to hold onto him. Nothing signed.

Quote:
The San Francisco 49ers signing of Seahawks practice squad wide receiver Chris Harper appears to be just about official at this point. The team has not announced it, but after Adam Schefter reported it this morning, Matt Maiocco has his own source confirming the deal is done. The deal was held up as the Seahawks reportedly were trying to retain Harper.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:28 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I'm sure the Hawks are trying to block their rivals from signing him as well. The only sure way was for the Hawks not to waive him yesterday.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:33 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

rodneyfaile wrote:
How much can a team benefit from learning about their opponent by acquiring one of their players?

Quote:
DAVIE - Former Miami Dolphins cornerback Julian Posey was added to the Cleveland Browns practice squad on Monday.

The Browns are the team Miami is playing this Sunday. Even though Posey wasn't around for today's installation of the game plan, he certainly does know the team's schemes, concepts, blitzes and audible calls.

In league circles they call claiming a player on an upcoming opponent's roster "a download," and it could become troublesome.

Posey's presence will no doubt make the season-opener more complicated for defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle and his staff because it MIGHT force them to change things up in week one

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... l+Blogs%29

Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:18 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

BB does this every year...and throughout the course of the season he'll pick up players who are cut from the opposition so apparently he is able to get quite a bit of information otherwise he wouldn't do it. Personally, I think the league should make a team keep a player for at least 3 weeks once their signed. I guarantee one, or both, Dolphins will be gone in a week or so once BB has sucked their skull flat

Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:16 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

As I understand it when a team signs a player now they can cut him anytime they want but his salary and a roster spot is counted for three weeks against the teams limits.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2