View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Dave Hyde: Ryan Tannehill's supporting casts is tissue-thin. 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Dave Hyde: Ryan Tannehill's supporting casts is tissue-thin.
Quote:
It tells how tissue-thin Ryan Tannehill’s supporting cast is that only four receivers were kept. He’s already lost a tight end in Dustin Keller. But if any of the top three receivers – Mike Wallace, Brandon Gibson or Brian Hartline – misses any time this year the impact will be significant. What’s telling is the Dolphins had the worst receiving corps in the league last year, signed two free agents (Wallace, Gibson) and still kept just four receivers (Rishard Matthews is the fourth). The Dolphins kept six receivers last year. No doubt they’ll be adding one or two in the coming days. But the news here isn’t surprising at all – their top three better not get hurt.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 0570.story

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:20 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Dave Hyde: Tyan Tannehill's supporting casts is tissue-thin.
Aren't all teams just one injury away from disaster?

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:27 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I would imagine that at least one of the three will miss some games this year.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:33 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

What is amazing to me is that the Miami Dolphins have trouble with keeping more good wide receivers. It is obvious that McNutt, Bumphis, Fuller etc. etc. are with the coaches all spring/summer and the staff doesn't quite trust to keep them on the 53 man roster.

It's promising to have Walllace, Hartline, Gibson as the starters. Matthews looks to be a decent 4th option, but it seems to be a revolving door to keep the depth around. I am sure they will scour the waiver wire now.

Does anyone know if there are any good veteran wide receivers out there? OR even a younger one to take a shot at?

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:17 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Maybe I was hopeful. Or maybe I was looking though orange n aqua (thats still our colors, right?) glasses but I was seeing the positive side of what Ireland was doing this offseason.

But now that the offseason is officially over & I'm taking in all that occurred with Jake Long in perspective with our O-line now, & how we had several chances to get others,
Reggie not being used efficiently & not being worth 4M a year & Wallace being worth 12,
Wheeler & Ellerbe being necessary upgrades age wise but not precisely otherwise,
our WR cast heading into week 1 when you consider Marlon Moore has a 1 year contract with the 49ers & Matthews got 4 years 2M from us,
the bizarre full back delima,
our draft(s) of TEs & DBs, & even Dion Jordan to an extreme extent . . The big picture gives me the feeling that Ireland is playing darts blindfolded.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:36 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I do wish Miami brought Reggie Bush back, but the problem is they see Lamar Miller as a very similar version, but outside of still needing to show he can actually stay healthy and produce big numnbers during an entire NFL season, Miller is at this stage not the pass receiver threat that Bush brings to the table. Personally, I think a lot of us thought Bush was under utilized and I get the impression that in Detroit you will see him all over the field and used more properly. He is still so young too.

Hopefully, Lamar is very productive. Wheeler & Ellerbe I am excited to see as they are younger and very active quick linebackers and I can definitely see why Ireland replaced Dansby and Burnett with these guys. I expect them to be flying all around the ball much more than the other two.

Jordan, I am still excited about, just want to see him healthy and on the field. He can be a very versatile defender rushing the passer and dropping back into coverages.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:45 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

There are two rookie Wr out there worth signing. Sign one to the team, the other to the PS & then go get a vet for the 5th/6th spot

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:46 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Dave Hyde: Ryan Tannehill's supporting casts is tissue-thin.
My guess is that Thigpen is effectively #5. But again, we see the pre-canned excuses for Tannehill's "sophomore slump" (in quotes because a slump would have to assume that Tannehill had a quality first year, when even Brandon Weeden was beating him out). I said before training camp that Tannehill has no excuses this season, and I still stand by that. If he gets outplayed by Weeden next week, Ireland's seat better be scorching hot.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:11 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

And who's wr's would you rather have

Danny Amendola
Josh Boyce
Aaron Dobson
Julian Edelman
Matthew Slater
Kenbrell Thompkins

Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:48 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

rodneyfaile wrote:
Aren't all teams just one injury away from disaster?

Exactly...........we're deeper than any other team in the AFC East. To your point several teams are highly dependant on one player.......Broncos - Manning, Pats-Brady, Vikings - Peterson, so on, so on.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:53 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

And who's wr's would you rather have

Danny Amendola
Josh Boyce
Aaron Dobson
Julian Edelman
Matthew Slater
Kenbrell Thompkins

As long as Tom Brady is the Pats QB, he will use the strengths of all these receivers to his advantage as that is what star QB's do.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]