View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Dolphins worked out Da'Rick Rodgers. 
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Dolphins worked out Da'Rick Rodgers.
This is from SB Nation.......

Talent doesn't seem to be the issue for the undrafted free agent.

Rookie wide receiver Da'Rick Rogers worked out for the Miami Dolphins on Friday, Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post reported.

More: Buffalo Bills blog Buffalo Rumblings

The Buffalo Bills released Rogers on Monday. Rogers was an undrafted free agent who played in college for Tennessee and later—after the Volunteers suspended him indefinitely—for Tennessee Tech. The off-field issues that drove him from away from the Volunteers have continued to haunt him moving forward, and he was in and out of the Bills' coaches' doghouse during training camp.

Rogers was a first-team All-SEC selection as a sophomore in 2011, finishing that season with 67 receptions, 1,040 yards and nine touchdowns.

The Dolphins' level of interest in Rogers is unclear, but the team is still well above the 53-man limit it must meet by 6 p.m. Saturday for the regular season. Beyond Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline, depth at wide receiver is low.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:39 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Dolphins worked out Da'Rick Rodgers.
phinsfansc wrote:
Beyond Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline, depth at wide receiver is low.[/b]

This kind of statement is always funny to me. For most teams the talent level drops of when you get to the 4th and 5th WR spots.

Unless the Dolphins actually want to hire someone to babysit this guy 24/7 its pointless. The talent does not exceed the boneheadness.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:43 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rock Sexton wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
Beyond Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline, depth at wide receiver is low.[/b]

This kind of statement is always funny to me. For most teams the talent level drops of when you get to the 4th and 5th WR spots.

Unless the Dolphins actually want to hire someone to babysit this guy 24/7 its pointless. The talent does not exceed the boneheadness.

Well said. IQ can often make or limit ability. I was getting that impression last night while watching FL Atlantic trying to throw their bodies around to get to the ball. It appeared they had some athletic guys but they were knocking each other over.

Anyway, this offense doesn't need the greatest athlete ever to be successful & produce. See Hartline last year. Rodgers can keep floating down the bowl for all I care

Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:45 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

SB Nation wrote:
The Dolphins' level of interest in Rogers is unclear, but the team is still well above the 53-man limit it must meet by 6 p.m. Saturday for the regular season. Beyond Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline, depth at wide receiver is low.[/b]

What about Gibson? I would say he is a good #3 QB. Sometimes we need to take these fan sites opinions with a grain of salt. I'm very sure that my opinion in my blogs doesn't make the coaches call a team meeting;)

Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Steve Zissou wrote:

Anyway, this offense doesn't need the greatest athlete ever to be successful & produce. See Hartline last year. Rodgers can keep floating down the bowl for all I care

Hartline produced? 1 TD is producing? Guess that is why Miami has sucked for so many yrs. We think a TD a yr is getting it done.

Nothing wrong with waiting on the talent. Would you rather Miami waiting for Dez Bryant to mature or have Odrick/Misi? Which player(s) will win more games for their team this year?

With the price of Rodgers. Nothing wrong with taking the chance.

On talent alone he would be at worst the 2nd most talented Wr on the team. He head just needs to catch up.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:07 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:

Hartline produced? 1 TD is producing? Guess that is why Miami has sucked for so many yrs. We think a TD a yr is getting it done.

Nothing wrong with waiting on the talent. Would you rather Miami waiting for Dez Bryant to mature or have Odrick/Misi? Which player(s) will win more games for their team this year?

With the price of Rodgers. Nothing wrong with taking the chance.

On talent alone he would be at worst the 2nd most talented Wr on the team. He head just needs to catch up.

Calvin Johnson only had 3 touchdowns last year and he's widely touted as having his best year ever. Now I understand the comparison is very skewed because Johnson had nearly 2000 yards (or did he break it)... just trying to show that you don't necessarily need touchdowns to be productive.

They are nice though!

Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:31 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

and then there's James Jones. All he does is catch touchdowns!!!

Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:33 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

IamPZ wrote:

Calvin Johnson only had 3 touchdowns last year
Its was actually 5 Tds which is 2 more than Hartline's total for the last 3 years.

IamPZ wrote:
and he's widely touted as having his best year ever. Now I understand the comparison is very skewed because Johnson had nearly 2000 yards (or did he break it)... just trying to show that you don't necessarily need touchdowns to be productive.

They are nice though!

He fell 36 Yds short of 2K

Regardless. Miami needs to roll the dice & see if they can get the ability out of Rodgers.. He has No. 1 Wr ability.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:42 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I know it may seem like you were making a counter point, D4me, but you were kind proving my point further. Hartline isn't very special & it showed at times, esp in the endzone like you said. But this offense made him a 1,000 yard receiver with a rookie QB & hardly a guardable man opposite.

I think a WR with maybe less ability but more understanding and determination than Rodgers will serve our team better.

If he convinces our FO that he's worth a contract tho then of course I won't be disappointed HA

Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:24 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Steve Zissou wrote:
I know it may seem like you were making a counter point, D4me, but you were kind proving my point further. Hartline isn't very special & it showed at times, esp in the endzone like you said. But this offense made him a 1,000 yard receiver with a rookie QB & hardly a guardable man opposite.

I think a WR with maybe less ability but more understanding and determination than Rodgers will serve our team better.

If he convinces our FO that he's worth a contract tho then of course I won't be disappointed HA

I go more of the route one game made him a 1K Wr. Miami seriously over paid on him.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:50 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:
I go more of the route one game made him a 1K Wr. Miami seriously over paid on him.

Hartline is consistent and dependable. He was Tannehill's "go to" WR last year. And he catches almost everything thrown his way, especially on 3rd downs. He is a solid #2 NFL WR. Hartline and Gibson will thrive this year because of the coverage Wallace will get.

Da'Rick Rogers history of trouble does not sound like he has the character Philbin wants on this team.

Last edited by bobby0112 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:31 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I thought it was wacky that they only carried 4 WR'ers after the cyts..

at least We know they are still looking..

Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:50 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

bobby0112 wrote:

Hartline is consistent and dependable. He was Tannehill's "go to" WR last year. And he catches almost everything throw his way, especially on 3rd downs. He is a solid #2 NFL WR. Hartline and Gibson will thrive this year because of the coverage Wallace will get..
Yes, he is that.

bobby0112 wrote:
Da'Rick Rogers history of trouble does not sound like he has the character Philbin wants on this team.
I would say they are considering for the PS. That way they can work on his issues behind the scene.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:36 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

At the 2013 NFL Combine, Da'Rick Rogers turned out one of the best overall performances, finishing in the top five in several categories, including the 3 cone drill, the 20-yard shuttle, the 60-yard shuttle, the vertical jump, and the broad jump.

WR Da'Rick Rogers - 6'3" 217 - Tennessee Tech...A polished receiver, Rogers has 4.5 speed and posted a 39 1/2-inch vertical leap and 11-foot broad jump at the Combine. Led the SEC in receiving at Tennessee with 1,040 yards, before off the field issues got him kicked off the Volunteers squad. Finished his career at Tennessee Tech. "He's got it all. His body type is a lot like Eric Moulds. It's all there," Roth said. "The off the field stuff that happened is why he was undrafted. Out of him, Justin Hunter and Cordarrelle Patterson, he's the most NFL ready in my opinion in terms of route running, balls skills and everything. He can come in and he won't be behind in terms of coaching and all that stuff."

Well, Ross has the money, I understand baby sitting players shouldn't be the way to go, but it is working in Dallas for Dez Bryant. I say hire a guy to watch over this Rogers kid, everything I read about him labels him with tremendous star potential. 6'3 217 pounds, awesome athletic abilities.

Of course, I don't know how he interviews with Ireland and the coaches and what kind of impression he made and if he has it mentally upstairs to retain the NFL playbook knowledge, but again, if this kid has THAT much potential, someone step up and try and help him further.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:38 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finhead34 wrote:

Well, Ross has the money, I understand baby sitting players shouldn't be the way to go, but it is working in Dallas for Dez Bryant. I say hire a guy to watch over this Rogers kid, everything I read about him labels him with tremendous star potential. 6'3 217 pounds, awesome athletic abilities.

Of course, I don't know how he interviews with Ireland and the coaches and what kind of impression he made and if he has it mentally upstairs to retain the NFL playbook knowledge, but again, if this kid has THAT much potential, someone step up and try and help him further.

Maturity works wonders on people. With his talent its worth the cheap gamble.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:44 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The NFL is a business. Rogers is the type of player that could become a game changer if someone can help him screw his head on straight. I think our head coach and "Corn Industry" rep Philbin should take a flyer on this kid and just keep a tight leash on him.

This is different than a Brandon Marshall as this kid has yet to crack into the NFL, I say hire a body guard, watch over him and help brainwash him to be successful.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:49 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
Miami needs to roll the dice & see if they can get the ability out of Rodgers.. He has No. 1 Wr ability.

I think he's worth taking a chance on. If he doesn't work out they can cut him.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:53 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Dphins4me wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:

Maturity works wonders on people. With his talent its worth the cheap gamble.

Fair points. He would have to prove himself in the interview in order for our coaches to take the chance on him. Seems like whats happening with Rodriguez. Sometimes a guy won't wake up until he's fired

Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:32 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead34 wrote:
I think our head coach and "Corn Industry" rep Philbin should take a flyer on this kid and just keep a tight leash on him.

See I think when it gets to the stage where you're having to babysit adults, they're not worth having on the team. He's talented, but not to the point where the organization needs to go out of its way like that.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:38 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:
I think our head coach and "Corn Industry" rep Philbin should take a flyer on this kid and just keep a tight leash on him.

See I think when it gets to the stage where you're having to babysit adults, they're not worth having on the team. He's talented, but not to the point where the organization needs to go out of its way like that.

:yay:

Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:32 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock on probably 95% of the time I am absolutely with you on your comment, but for the Dez Bryant's of the world that are young and stupid, but star caliber athletes, I am just saying maybe that isn't a bad investment from the owner and spend some money helping the kid really find there way and have someone watch over them and it wont be forever, just while they are growing as a young adult and very early stage to their career.

On the other hand, I definitely think these kids should be already just doing that on their own. I am not suggesting Rogers is a star yet, but from a business perspective of winning and not always getting wall flowers on your team, it is just a thought to consider if you can add someone that could potentially be a dominate player at their position. In the end, I respect integrity and high ethics, but the NFL is still a business too and sometimes you make business decisions that make your company better.

This is just my personal opinion anyway and I know it isn't going to happen anyway.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:51 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:

Yea, I would not want Dez Bryant on the team either. If you do not gamble from time to time, then other teams will always be better because you turn your back on talent.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:51 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

He has signed with the Colts and is on their PS. Really wished Miami would have rolled the dice on this guy.

We will see the same old guys who could not make the team at a weak position.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:32 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

For every TD those troubled players bring, they subtract other TD with their drama and bad chemistry. Philbin likes character guys, real football players. Teams like the pats, steelers, and packers, who go after character and jettison the troublemakers, seem to be doing a lot better then teams like the cowboys and jets who pursue divas.
Philbin has been the best acquisition in years. I like what he is doing. I am more optimistic about the Dolphins future than I have been in a long time.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:08 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

rodneyfaile wrote:
For every TD those troubled players bring, they subtract other TD with their drama and bad chemistry. Philbin likes character guys, real football players. Teams like the pats, steelers, and packers, who go after character and jettison the troublemakers, seem to be doing a lot better then teams like the cowboys and jets who pursue divas.
Philbin has been the best acquisition in years. I like what he is doing. I am more optimistic about the Dolphins future than I have been in a long time.
Just an FYI.

The Pats signed Haynesworth. Traded for Moss to just name a few. Draft Brandon Merriweather. They do not avoid character guys, they welcome them.

The QB of the Steelers has been involved in sexual assault allegation twice.

John Jolly currently plays for the Packers after his 2 yr prison sentence for selling drugs, who he played for before his prison term

Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:24 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Dphins4me wrote:
rodneyfaile wrote:
Just an FYI.

The Pats signed Haynesworth. Traded for Moss to just name a few. Draft Brandon Merriweather. They do not avoid character guys, they welcome them.

The QB of the Steelers has been involved in sexual assault allegation twice.

John Jolly currently plays for the Packers after his 2 prison sentence for selling drugs, who he played for before his prison term

That's true. Every team has had players deal with issues. I don't think there is a team comprised solely of angels, but for the most part, several teams have demonstrated tendencies to avoid the divas and covet the high character players.
The pats experimented with guys like Haynesworth and Ocho, but didn't hesitate to part ways with them. Not sure I would lump Moss in with problem players, although I suppose he did have his quirks.
I was sure someone would mention Hernandez.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:53 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

rodneyfaile wrote:

That's true. Every team has had players deal with issues. I don't think there is a team comprised solely of angels, but for the most part, several teams have demonstrated tendencies to avoid the divas and covet the high character players.
The pats experimented with guys like Haynesworth and Ocho, but didn't hesitate to part ways with them. Not sure I would lump Moss in with problem players, although I suppose he did have his quirks.
I was sure someone would mention Hernandez.

To fill an entire 53 man roster with talented & character free issue player is not an easy thing to do. A team can sprinkle in a talented player who simply needs to learn how to be a better person.
It does rub off on many of them.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:29 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
want Dez Bryant on the team either. If you do not gamble from time to time, then other teams will always be better because you turn your back on talent.

How many playoff games and championships have they won with Dez Bryant?

Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:41 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:

How many playoff games and championships have they won with Dez Bryant?

Fail to see your point or is there one? How many Championships did Miami win with Marino?

Team sport. Dez can only take care of his business. He cannot control other aspects of the Cowboys. Just as Marino could not control the fact Miami could not field a Defense.

How many games have they won is really an asinine defense. They won more because of him, then lost because of him.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
How many Championships did Miami win with Marino? Fail to see your point or is there one?

Team sport. Dez can only take care of his business. He cannot control other aspects of the Cowboys.

You know what I meant ..... you're just pretending not to.

Teams don't "have to" gamble on players with major character issues in order to compete at a higher level.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:05 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
Teams don't "have to" gamble on players with major character issues in order to compete at a higher level.

Tell me one team that has had 53 solid character players & won anything? This is the NFL & not choir. It also depends on what you call major. College kid smoking pot is not a major thing for me.

Packers have Jolly on their team & he just got out of prison for selling "purple drink" Yet, they still have him on the team. Hmm. Why? Because he is good and they are giving him the chance and they know he will help them.

If a SB contender can keep a player like that on the team, then I fail to see how Miami cannot have someone far less on theirs.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:14 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Sound like Miami, except the Colts moved on him. Miami settled for players they have already deemed not good enough for the team.

Quote:
Rogers signed with Indianapolis' practice squad, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports. Analysis: The Colts were not enthusiastic with the bottom of their receiving corps in the preseason, so there's a decent chance he could be added to the active roster at some point this season.

So a playoff team from last year is not concerned with any neg. effects, but yet a team that has not seen the playoffs but twice in 10 yrs is concerned.

I'm not saying he will be a star or even make it in the NFL, but he has more raw talent than anyone but Wallace in Miami. Just growing tired of Miami always wanting less talented choir boys for the entire team & watching them fail over & over again.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:26 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Tell me one team that has had 53 solid character players & won anything? This is the NFL & not choir. It also depends on what you call major. College kid smoking pot is not a major thing for me.

Packers have Jolly on their team & he just got out of prison for selling "purple drink" Yet, they still have him on the team. Hmm. Why? Because he is good and they are giving him the chance and they know he will help them.

If a SB contender can keep a player like that on the team, then I fail to see how Miami cannot have someone far less on theirs.

The Packers won the 2010 Super Bowl without Jolly on the team.

Guys like Da'Rick Rogers are dumbasses. All they have to do is NOT smoke pot and the keys to the NFL kingdom await, if their talents are as great as you say they are. Yet ...... he couldn't even make that choice. He failed multiple drug tests while in college, so it wasn't a one time thing.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:30 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:

The Packers won the 2010 Super Bowl without Jolly on the team.
That addresses nothing. He is on the team now & they are SB contenders.

Rock Sexton wrote:
Guys like Da'Rick Rogers are dumbasses. All they have to do is NOT smoke pot and the keys to the NFL kingdom await, if their talents are as great as you say they are. Yet ...... he couldn't even make that choice. He failed multiple drug tests while in college, so it wasn't a one time thing.

Sorry, but not everyone grows up being taught how to make the smart choice. They are kids away from home, being kids. He stayed clean at UT Tech. Many of these guys grow up without the best influences in their life & all it takes is someone taking them aside & teaching them how to handle themselves.

Never said it was a one time thing. Just said a college kid smoking pot is not a big deal for me.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:17 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I agree Rock, character guys, (sorry Serve) and roster cut players hardly ever work out. I'm reading posts and some of you guys are pissed off that we "missed" on these talents. lol

Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
That addresses nothing. He is on the team now & they are SB contenders.

Actually it does. You said you need to gamble on those players to win big in this league, even though you also said it's a team sport. Well the Pack won a Super Bowl without him. The Packers are not a hurt/suspended Jonny Jolly away from becoming irrelevant. Them taking a chance on him really bares no relevance. You're inflating the significance of it.

Quote:
Sorry, but not everyone grows up being taught how to make the smart choice. They are kids away from home, being kids. He stayed clean at UT Tech. Many of these guys grow up without the best influences in their life & all it takes is someone taking them aside & teaching them how to handle themselves.

Never said it was a one time thing. Just said a college kid smoking pot is not a big deal for me.

You're speaking in generalities. I haven't looked, but is there some documented evidence of him growing up in a broken home?

At any rate, it's not even about the weed. It's about the rule and knowing what one could possibly be jeopardizing if they do not obey it. The fact that it was multiple violations tells me everything I need to know about him. He was quickly in the Bills doghouse too in his short time there, unrelated to drugs.

His talents do not transcend the constant babysitting he will surely need.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:27 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
I agree Rock, character guys, (sorry Serve) and roster cut players hardly ever work out. I'm reading posts and some of you guys are pissed off that we "missed" on these talents. lol

When a team only employs 4 Wr, then a team needs to maybe find one of those guys to work out. The NFL is full of cut players who turned into quality players for another team.

Its naive to believe all cut players "suck"

Sometimes its a numbers game, sometimes its the system, sometimes its motivation, sometimes they suck.

A team does not know until they kick the tires.

Miami overpaid for Avg talent in Hartline, but yet will not role the dice on a much talented Wr for cheap. It ticks me off.

I really hope he matures and lights up the NFL. Frankly I'm beginning to think Philben is lazy & does not want player he might actually have to coach up.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:36 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
Actually it does. You said you need to gamble on those players to win big in this league, even though you also said it's a team sport. Well the Pack won a Super Bowl without him. The Packers are not a hurt/suspended Jonny Jolly away from becoming irrelevant. Them taking a chance on him really bares no relevance. You're inflating the significance of it.
My point was & still is. They did not kick him to the curb because of his mistakes.

Rock Sexton wrote:
You're speaking in generalities. I haven't looked, but is there some documented evidence of him growing up in a broken home?
Why does it have to be a broken home? Just said not everyone grows up being taught how to make the smart choice. Not everyone gets to sit back in judgement of others without knowledge of their situation.

Rock Sexton wrote:
At any rate, it's not even about the weed. It's about the rule and knowing what one could possibly be jeopardizing if they do not obey it. The fact that it was multiple violations tells me everything I need to know about him. He was quickly in the Bills doghouse too in his short time there, unrelated to drugs.
We will see. He may be out of the NFL is a couple of yrs. Another story of lost talent, but I've watched the guy play. He is more than talented enough for the NFL, especially for a team like Miami when Hartline is the No. 2 guy

Rock Sexton wrote:
His talents do not transcend the constant babysitting he will surely need.
How do you know?

Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:42 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Miami overpaid for Avg talent in Hartline, but yet will not role the dice on a much talented Wr for cheap. It ticks me off.

This is true. I also wonder why don't we draft a receiver? We drafted a DE which is fine since it will improve the secondary, but then we go ahead and draft an injured DB?

Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
My point was & still is. They did not kick him to the curb because of his mistakes.

Good for them. But it's still benign and hasn't demonstrated the importance of taking chances on players with baggage.

Quote:
Why does it have to be a broken home? Just said not everyone grows up being taught how to make the smart choice. Not everyone gets to sit back in judgement of others without knowledge of their situation.

You brought up the broken home situation, so that's why I asked. We aren't even talking about the "smart" choice here. We're talking about COMMON SENSE one.

Oh, I can't do drugs if I want to get drafted into the NFL and make millions? Done and done. It's really that simple.

Quote:
We will see. He may be out of the NFL is a couple of yrs. Another story of lost talent, but I've watched the guy play. He is more that talented enough for the NFL, especially for a team like Miami when Hartline is the No. 2 guy

I'm starting to think that this is more about your hatred of Hartline than it is giving Rogers a chance. LOL

Quote:
How do you know?

Based on what I've read about him from his college days and his stint with the Bills. The pattern there isn't exactly covert.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next