View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 some interesting names waived 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Re: some interesting names waived
Miami kept 3 TEs. My guess is that Phiblin and company are going to be running a lot of 2 TE sets and virtually no 4 or 5 WR sets. That's why they kept only 4. They'll probably have a couple of WRs on the practice squad in case of injury.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:01 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

They'll probably have a couple of WRs on the practice squad in case of injury.

They do, McNut and Tyms.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:32 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'm still very surprised they kept Devlin. No one is going to trade for him and he isn't taking a single snap this year barring catastrophic injuries to Tannehill and Moore.

McNutt and Tyms showed enough to be called up in emergency duty. I don't think they need a 5th guy now.

We're going to see a lot of 3 WR sets with Clay coming out of the backfield and 2 TE sets with Egnew and Sims.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:21 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

jammer wrote:
I'm still very surprised they kept Devlin. No one is going to trade for him and he isn't taking a single snap this year barring catastrophic injuries to Tannehill and Moore.

McNutt and Tyms showed enough to be called up in emergency duty. I don't think they need a 5th guy now.

We're going to see a lot of 3 WR sets with Clay coming out of the backfield and 2 TE sets with Egnew and Sims.

they get extra value from a 3rd qb on the roster...they don't count on game day as a spot..emergency qb,

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:33 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I think there's a rule that you can have a 3rd QB on game day that doesn't count against that games roster count... you can put him in, but if you do, you can't swap him out unless he get's injured.

Something crazy like that.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:02 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:

You still need that 5th WR to cover yourself in case of injury.

Where is that in the rule book? They have guys that can fill in..Some teams carry two qb's..Ive seen two qb's go down in a game plenty

The 5 th wr. is rarely used if he is not one of your returners/st'ers...We have Thigpen doing that job

Yes, and if Miami were only keeping two QB's, you'd see me saying the same thing about a third. Of course it's not a rule, no one said that. It is my opinion that you need to cover yourself in case of injury, and I don't think that having a special teamer/running back qualifies
[/quote]

And they have it covered in case of injury/emergency or the earth stops spinning whatever comes 1st. It's with multiple te's and a running back who can play wr. For a part of 1 game

Should we sign a couple more kickers or punters? crap happens you know.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3