View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 draft day trades 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post draft day trades
There has been much tossed about regarding Miami's draft day trade possibilities. It seems to me that the trade bait of Ginn, Smiley, or virtually anyone else on the team is not going to net us any better than a 4th round pick (and we'd be lucky to get a 4th). The only player who might get us more than that is Ronnie Brown. But I have to wonder... who would give up a second rounder or more for a guy with his injury history? Isn't he more valuable to us with his skill set than a 2nd round pick? I doubt that will happen, and I don't think it should.

Trading down is tempting, especially if it can bring us a second rounder to replace the one we gave up to Denver. Or, if it can bring us a young player that fills one of our big needs while still offering us a 1st round pick. Imagine trading down with Houston to #20 for their second round pick (#51) and taking a pass-rushing LB (Kindle might still be there) with the first pick and still being able to pick up a DT or S in the second round. Wow, the possibilities are exciting.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:29 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Re: draft day trades
I agree, it's going to be VERY interesting come draft day. The trade for Marshall gives us a LOT more options in trading out of the spot to get back picks. Depending on who is there come #12, we likely have teams already lined up to trade down with. There's already been a ton of teams that have expressed interest in certain players but know he'll never be there come their pick. So we can sit there and take the best offer given to us. I think we'll get a premium price if there's enough interest. #12 is a spot where they don't have to pay top 10 money, but there's enough talent that they likely will get a top 10 or better talent.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:50 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I think it's almost a no brainer that we trade down now. This regime loves to get picks back and it seems like the easiest way to do it. We could actually trade down and snag the likes of Brandon Graham or Jason Pierre-Paul.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:33 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

And still pick up a S in the 2nd and a DT in round 4 or 5. There will no doubt be a lot of wheeling and dealing in this draft. Should be fun to watch!

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:22 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Trading down only works if you have a trade partner. It seems logical to trade down but it is not automatic.

The rumor about trading down with the cowboys should get revived if it has not been already.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:33 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Trade up,back,down,sideways it dont matter to me we are in a good spot where we do move around in the draft or not we can still get the guy we have on are draft boards

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:38 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

the intriguing names at #12 could be spiller, morgan, bryant or clausen? Could spark a trade up from another team that feels they must get the player.

I hope that is the case, as the team could benefit from getting additional picks while still getting a starter later in the 1st round.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]