View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Practice Notes: ... Daniel Thomas succeeding 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Practice Notes: ... Daniel Thomas succeeding
Quote:
by Andrew Abramson

DANIEL THOMAS SUCCEEDING: Thomas’ opportunity to start at running back has come and gone with Lamar Miller leapfrogging the 2011 second round pick.

But after struggling in his first two seasons with fumbling and injury woes, Thomas appears to be improving.

He had two key runs in Miami’s first scoring draft against Jacksonville and he is playing turnover-free ball in practice of late while showing some bursts of speed to go with his 6-foot-1 235 pound frame.

“I’m very happy with the way he’s practicing,” Coach Joe Philbin said. “I like what he’s doing, watching him today even on special teams. He’s going about his business very professionally, working on special teams it seems he’s very serious about that. He’s running the ball hard, he’s had opportunities in the games and he’s been doing a good job in pass protection.”

Thomas said he feels like he’s hitting the hole harder this year and playing more physical.

“I think I’m ahead of schedule right now,” Thomas said. “I’m healthy, No. 1, and I feel like this is my best camp.”

GRAY AND GILLISLEE WORKING ON SPECIAL TEAMS: While Philbin likes what he’s seeing from Thomas on special teams, running backs Jonas Gray and Mike Gillislee might have to show even more worth there. ...

- See more at: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... 6mXmi.dpuf

Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]