View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Practice blog: Tannehill struggles 
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Post Practice blog: Tannehill struggles
Quote:
by Andrew Abramson

Quarterback Ryan Tannehill had a bad practice today.

How bad depends on who you talk to.

There are no stats or video replays at practice. Tannehill definitely threw three interceptions (two to rookie Will Davis and one to Brent Grimes), but writers gave him a fourth interception early in practice when Kheeston Randall leaped up during team drills and appeared to snag a Tannehill pass.

Tannehill, however, said Randall didn’t hold on.

“You’re giving me an extra one there,” said Tannehill, partially joking, after practice. “It was bad enough with three. … No, he didn’t intercept that one.”

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... rceptions/

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:24 pm
Profile YIM
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Practice blog: Tannehill struggles
Quote:
Miami Dolphins offensive coordinator Mike Sherman's media session on Tuesday

(On Ryan Tannehill throwing interceptions in practice) – “Offensively, as a group, we really didn’t have a good practice today. That goes without saying. I wouldn’t put, even though it goes under his name, I wouldn’t put them all on (Tannehill), but obviously everyone will associate him with that. We have some young receivers as well, people breaking our routes. We had a lot of pressure today. He’ll have better days, and today wasn’t one of his best days. It wasn’t one of our best offensive days, and I can do better.”

(On what Ryan Tannehill can work on and do better) – “He’s a second-year player who’s had one full season in the National Football League, and it’s just the experience. He gets a lot of it in practice, and certainly the game experience. It happened the other day. The checks he made were phenomenal. We tried to (hide) an uncovered receiver, and we didn’t connect on it necessarily, but we wouldn’t have been able to do that a year ago. He made the right call. We uncovered, it was a hurry-up play. We had a chance for a big-play there, didn’t get it. But I thought mentally he was very, very sharp.”

(On Tannehill’s passes in the game Sunday) – “The one that was behind, there was a safety in the well right there. He had to throw it on the back hip. It probably could have been about two inches tighter to the hip then he was. He had to put it behind him because the safety was sitting inside. I don’t fault him for that necessarily. He still needs to have better ball location, but that ball was supposed to be on his backside, it was going to be a tough catch based on the safety down on that particular play.” ...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]