View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Dolphins' Sherman: Turnovers 'a recurring theme' 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Dolphins' Sherman: Turnovers 'a recurring theme'
Quote:
(On thoughts on offense during exhibition game) – “Two-fold, I think competitively we wanted to win the football game. We had two turnovers that equated to 14 points. If we just don’t turn the ball over, even though we didn’t play great, if we don’t turn the ball over we have a chance to win. That’s a reoccurring theme, and we’ve got to get that cleaned up, obviously. I think people are tired of hearing that, and so are we, but we have to make sure we (aren’t giving) our opponent giftwrapped 14 points, which is what we did in that ballgame. It doesn’t matter when it is, preseason, regular season, that’s what we did, and we can’t do that.” ...

(On evaluating Jonathan Martin so far) –“I think any left tackle in his second year in this league is a work in progress, and I think Jonathan Martin is as well. It’s a premier position. I don’t know if any left tackle other than the Jonathan Ogden’s of the world, the Richmond Webb’s of the world that walk in and can effectively do the job play-after-play. In practice he is going against what I consider a couple of the very best pass rushers in football, it’s a great challenge for him. It’s definitely going to get him a lot better. But I’m pleased with his progress. Does he have a ways to go, yes, but I expected that going in that he’s going to have to continue to work to get better, and he’s going to be a fine left tackle in this league, if not a very good one.” ...

(On Lamar Miller having to prove ball security) – “I think everybody has to do that because that was a problem for us overall. Our turnover margin last year was not good enough, and it goes from the quarterbacks, receivers, running backs, offensive line blocking, so that goes across the board. ...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]