View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Tavarres King 
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

Post Tavarres King
Quote:
Broncos waived WR Tavarres King.
Beat writer Jeff Legwold recently anointed King the Broncos' fifth receiver, but his five-catch preseason apparently wasn't enough. A fifth-round pick, King was initially considered a contender for the Broncos' No. 4 receiver job. King boasts 4.47 speed and 33-inch arms to go along with his 6-0, 189 frame, so he should get some looks on waivers. If not, he'll be stashed on the practice squad.

Now this is a guy i definitely like for us. Heard he looked good all camp. This is a situation where the team was just too talented at his position.

Last edited by swerve13 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:50 pm

Post Re: Tavarres King
Quote:
ESPN believes fifth-round WR Tavarres King is making a "legitimate push" to be the Broncos' No. 4 receiver.
Per reporter Jeff Legwold, King has displayed "upper-level ball skills," and the ability to "make plays in traffic." OC Adam Gase praised King last week, saying he's "made some big plays down the field," and "done a good job of not being the guy we are calling out to fix things." Just one injury away from a big role in one of the league's most dynamic offenses, King is a name to file away.

Quote:
Broncos OC Adam Gase has been pleased with fifth-round WR Tavarres King's training camp.
"(He's) made some big plays down the field," Gase said. "He is catching the ball fairly consistently, and he's done a good job of not being the guy we are calling out to fix things. He studied his book, obviously, this summer and made sure he wasn't going to be the guy making mistakes." King has a legitimate shot at earning No. 4 receiver duties, but obviously won't be fantasy relevant if the Broncos keep their top three receivers healthy. For now, King is just someone to keep an eye on in Dynasty leagues. Jul 30 - 8:59 PM

Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:51 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Why was he released then? He was a 5th rd pick and if the Broncos really liked him, they would have found a spot for him IMO.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:00 pm

:hithead:

I'd say 5 pretty good reasons he was cut

Demaryius Thomas
Eric Decker
Wes Welker
Andre Caldwell
Trindon Holliday

Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:26 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I've jumped on him a bit recently, but I have to agree with Mak on this one. If he can't beat out Andre Caldwell and Trindon Holiday (and yes, I realize his value as a returner), then he's not worth the addition to our team.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:20 am
Profile WWW

cspooner13 wrote:
I've jumped on him a bit recently, but I have to agree with Mak on this one. If he can't beat out Andre Caldwell and Trindon Holiday (and yes, I realize his value as a returner), then he's not worth the addition to our team.

because our receivers are so awesome?

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:53 am

Quote:
"You never want to release anybody but as you get better you have less slots. That's the situation that we're running into," Broncos executive vice president of football operations John Elway said. "We have a lot of good football players on this team. The rookies these days have to get on-board and get there fast, which is tough to do for some. Our goal is always a goal to keep (drafted players) but that's why you have competition."

Elway said his bottom line is, Sunday's cuts puts the "best 53" on the opening-day roster. Denver hosts the Baltimore Ravens, the defending Super Bowl champions, on Thursday in the NFL's first game of the season.

"We had a lot of tough decisions," Elway said. "That's what led us to keeping five wide receivers and left Tavarres on the outside. This is the hardest week for us personnel-wise in the fact these guys have been here all spring, OTAs and go through the draft process, go through training camp and then we have to make the decisions. It's not an easy day. They all worked hard. We just don't have enough slots for everybody."

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:56 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

cspooner13 wrote:

Holiday is a great returner, but yes ... if King can't blatantly beat out him and Caldwell as a receiver, well that tells me all I need to know.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:27 am

I'd say 5 pretty good reasons he was cut

Demaryius Thomas
Eric Decker
Wes Welker
Andre Caldwell
Trindon Holliday

I'd say 1 reason these guys are good, Peyton Manning. Andre Caldwell beat him out Swerve. To be honest, we are going to sign a WR so let's try him out or the guy from the Hawks. I'll admit, you know more about these rookies than I do, but I'd bet the GMs and coaches know more than you about them.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]