View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Off topic - Coach calls Nick Saban 'the devil' 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Off topic - Coach calls Nick Saban 'the devil'
Quote:
A Florida assistant has become the latest SEC coach to compare Nick Saban to the devil.

Davis and Muschamp both worked as assistants under Saban with the NFL's Miami Dolphins. In an attempt to compliment Muschamp, Davis likened the Gators' offensive approach to that of Saban, who has led Alabama to consecutive BCS championships.

"I've always wanted to work with Will [Muschamp]," Davis said. "Will's got a plan. Will coached under the devil himself for seven years. I only did three. He did seven.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... -tim-davis

Thu May 16, 2013 7:27 pm
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Post Re: Off topic - Coach calls Nick Saban 'the devil'
Well im over the Saban era here. As for college football , if Saban was my teams head coach you can call him anything you want because he seems to stand head & shoulders above everyone else.
I know we are also sensitive because he took over from a Shula but he has transformed that team into a dynasty.

Fri May 17, 2013 6:26 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Not to be picky, but we had 3 coaches in between Shula and Saban. JJ, Wan-stache and Bates.

Fri May 17, 2013 8:47 am
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

He sneaked out of town without talking to his players, that's inexcusable IMO. You can do it to the owner, the fans, the press I don't care, don't do it to your players. That a total weasel move, I can never look the other way after that, be a MAN!

Fri May 17, 2013 8:51 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I think he meant Saban taking over Alabama from Mike Shula....

Saban is the devil, but he wins. Can't knock him for it. The interesting problem is when was the last Super star Saban sent to the NFL. Yea Alabama sends on average 5-6 players to the NFL every year, but none have gone big time.. Just saying. I think maybe Saban's dictatorish ways may be successful in the college ranks but is jeopardizing his players career in the long term (confidence lacking, or just plain immaturity)

Fri May 17, 2013 9:30 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Thanks for the clarification SkyHigh, sorry for the assumption FINesse

Fri May 17, 2013 10:15 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Saban is just a selfish; self centered person. He is a system leader, it is his way only and he is just extremely process oriented. Definitely gets the job done, but no touchy feely personality from this dude.

Fri May 17, 2013 5:11 pm
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ

LL Cool Z wrote:

Not a problem. Yeah I was talking about Mike Shula. That program was going nowhere with him at the helm. Saban did lie to us but in the end do you really want a coach who does not want to be here?

Fri May 17, 2013 5:27 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

FINesse wrote:
I know we are also sensitive because he took over from a Shula but he has transformed that team into a dynasty.

You can't blame Alabama for going after Saban. He was the best college coach before he became the Dolphins head coach.

As far as Saban is concerned, he left the Dolphins like a wimp. The lying doesn't bother me any longer ... just the way he left leaving Huizenga to take care of the fallout.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Fri May 17, 2013 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

FINesse wrote:
LL Cool Z wrote:

Not a problem. Yeah I was talking about Mike Shula. That program was going nowhere with him at the helm. Saban did lie to us but in the end do you really want a coach who does not want to be here?

Then why the hell did he come here???

Fri May 17, 2013 9:44 pm
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ

TommyNoleFin wrote:
FINesse wrote:
LL Cool Z wrote:

If you remember he actually did not want to at first & was pretty reluctant but Huizenga would not give up until he (Saban) gave in.
Anyway , all in the past now.

Fri May 17, 2013 10:06 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

TommyNoleFin wrote:

Money

Sat May 18, 2013 7:11 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

FINesse wrote:
TommyNoleFin wrote:

If you remember he actually did not want to at first & was pretty reluctant but Huizenga would not give up until he (Saban) gave in.
Anyway , all in the past now.

I teach my kids the responsibility of owning up to their decisions and not to blame other people. Maybe he'll grow up one day and own up that he missed the God-worship at the college level, and he didn't see it happening any time soon in the NFL.

I still think he can succeed in the NFL, but he needs to stay at Alabama where he's carved immortality. What he's done at Alabama is incredible.

Sat May 18, 2013 8:02 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

What he's done at Alabama is incredible.

Dave, you said it best. This guy with all the ridiculing that can be done at him, NO DOUBT, is a heck of a coach. He may not be your best friend, but he has a system that works. Outside of the rabid Alabama fans, probably not too many want to meet him & I know he left the Dolphins in a lurch, but for me personally if I had to sit down and have lunch with the guy I would as I would love to just hear his approach.

It obviously works so well at the college level & I could see why everyone wanted to hire him and I thought when the Dolphins appointed him head coach that at the time it was a great move.

Sat May 18, 2013 9:06 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
Dave Hyde

9:40 a.m. EDT, May 18, 2013

3. So now Nick Saban says he’s hurt that his former Dolphins assistant, Tim Davis, who’s now at Florida. Called him, “the devil himself.” This comes after Vanderbilt coach James Franklin called Saban, “Nicky Satan,” this off-season as well.

“Twice, on two occasions,’’ Saban said. “If somebody has a problem with me, I’d appreciate if they’d tell me. If I’m doing something to offend somebody, I’d certainly like to do whatever I have to fix it.”

Whew. That statement smells of bull-oney. But we all know what Saban does too much: He wins too much at Alabama.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 5632.story

Sat May 18, 2013 11:25 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Davis may have a point.........take a look at this picture taken with a special paranormal camera.

Sat May 18, 2013 1:11 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It always amazed me that somebody with some dreadful interpersonal skills was ever able to put together the kinds of programs he has in college. Perhaps it's because the athletes aren't being paid and he controls their destiny in the palms of his hands. His kind of tryanny is rarely accepted by professional athletes.

Sat May 18, 2013 2:19 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead34 wrote:
What he's done at Alabama is incredible.

Dave, you said it best. This guy with all the ridiculing that can be done at him, NO DOUBT, is a heck of a coach. He may not be your best friend, but he has a system that works. Outside of the rabid Alabama fans, probably not too many want to meet him & I know he left the Dolphins in a lurch, but for me personally if I had to sit down and have lunch with the guy I would as I would love to just hear his approach.

It obviously works so well at the college level & I could see why everyone wanted to hire him and I thought when the Dolphins appointed him head coach that at the time it was a great move.

He is a heck of a college coach. He has not proven that he can be a good coach at the NFL level

Sun May 19, 2013 4:08 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Dphins4me wrote:
TommyNoleFin wrote:

Money

Money and ego. People like Saban, Steve Spurrier or Jimmy Johnson are motivated by money but also have a burning desire to beat the best of their peers. That need fuels their desire to succeed. Saban had success "being the best of the NCAA at LSU" so his ego wanted to see if he could succeed in the NFL. Sometimes college coaches can take their system that has been successful in the NCAA and produce results. And sometimes they find out its tougher to win in the NFL. As a college coach he is a very successful man. As a human being he lacks character and give little consideration to things like honor, integrity and commitment. I am glad he is gone and that Miami has moved on.

Sun May 19, 2013 8:05 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

degs wrote:
He is a heck of a college coach. He has not proven that he can be a good coach at the NFL level

You know, the one thing that surprised me was that his teams in Miami were very undisciplined when it came to doing fundamental things such as tackling and committing penalties. He blamed Mueller for not getting him the talent in his second season, but what they did on the field falls on him.

I know that he had Belichick overseeing him, but he did a darn good job as defensive coordinator of the Browns. I think at one point they were top 5 in the NFL.

Sun May 19, 2013 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Quote:
Pioli reacts to Tim Davis calling Saban “the devil”

“[Davis] spends a year out of football, can’t get a job, Nick creates a position at the University of Alabama to help a guy who’s been unemployed he shows his loyalty to the guy, brings him in, creates a position, pays him. This guy made the choice to come work for Nick and now a couple years later, he’s bashing a guy who really helped him,” Pioli said. “And to me this is something within the industry that I really struggle with, Mike, because I’ve see it happen to Bill Belichick, I’ve seen it happen to Bill Parcells, I just don’t understand the mentality of people who are given opportunities, they seize the opportunity, they get paid, and then some time in the future they start to air dirty laundry or their hard feelings toward someone. I just don’t understand why people can’t keep their mouths shut and move on. So, to me, it’s one of these trends in sports that I see, that I just, truly disappoint me.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... the-devil/

Thu May 23, 2013 11:11 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]