View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Philbin: I Thought The Guys Practiced Fast 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Philbin: I Thought The Guys Practiced Fast
Quote:
Opening Statement) – “I just wanted to start and recognize our 2012 award winners. The Don Shula Leadership Award went to Mike Pouncey, the Dan Marino Most Valuable Player Award went to Cameron Wake, and the Nat Moore Community Award went to Brandon Fields. I think they were three excellent choices and the three of them are well deserving of the award. With that, we can open up for questions.

(On how wide open he perceives that cornerback competition is) – “Real wide open. Very, very wide open at this stage. ...

(On what he is looking for from the running back position) – “Consistency; a guy that can have some all-purpose value. You know, can he play on first, second or third down. Whereas the defenses are at a point where they make a lot of their calls based on what jersey numbers are in the game. So the better multiple dimensional that our guys can be, they can catch, they can run, they can block, I think the better that is for the offense and the tougher it is for the defense. So somebody that’s got some versatility, consistency. ...

On where Ryan Tannehill is in the maturation process) – “I guess one way to describe him is he’s a gym rat. He loves football; he’s been here an awful lot. He's been working out with the guys on their own, nothing orchestrated by us, well before the offseason program began. ...

On whether the coaches planned on giving Michael Egnew a lot of reps at practice today or whether it was earned) – “I think both. ...

(On how his approach is different this year now that he has a year under his belt) – “We used a lot of the same things. We changed a little bit of our practice approach in terms of how we’ve organized the groups and breaking up coaches onto different fields and those types of things. One of the reasons we did that was we didn’t feel like we threw the ball vertically down the field well enough, and on all our back-to-back stuff our spacing was limited. So, that’s one of the reasons. ...

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/artic ... 6b57565285

Tue May 21, 2013 12:20 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Philbin: I Thought The Guys Practiced Fast
Quote:
OmarKelly profile

OmarKelly RT @adamspohn: Can you elaborate on whats different about RT deep ball?» Has more arch, floats better, makes it more catchable.

https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=OmarKelly

Wed May 22, 2013 8:02 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Post Re: Philbin: I Thought The Guys Practiced Fast
if Tannehill gets that deep ball dialed in this season, our run game and underneath routes will flourish.
We've got 2 receivers capable of killing a defense in one play.

Wed May 22, 2013 8:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]