Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:06 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Yahoo! Sports wrote:
Coaching with possibly one of the thinnest defenses in the NFL this season, Joseph has turned the Miami Dolphins defense into a solid group of players. With the focal point being the team’s tremendous defensive line, Joseph was able to craft out enough talent from the linebackers and the secondary to make this defense competitive for most of the season.

With the Dolphins being one of the NFL’s best turn around teams this season, Joseph’s efforts on defense have not gone unnoticed. With the head coach silly season now heating up following the firing of Rams head coach Jeff Fisher, Vance Joseph could be on the verge of getting a head coaching gig this spring. If not this offseason, Joseph will definitely be a top contender in 2018.

Rated by NFL.com’s Conor Orr as one of the up and coming head coaching targets in this league, Vance Joseph may not be calling defensive plays for the Miami Dolphins past this season. Talking about Joseph, Orr made sure to state how much support Joseph currently gets in terms of him getting his own head coaching gig one day.

“As intimated in our initial coaching list, Joseph is the first coach who comes up when you ask other NFL coaches who they’d recommend. On the record throughout the season, Miami Dolphins head coach Adam Gase has praised his defensive coordinator. A former player, Joseph is an excellent communicator and is quick to build a community feel in the locker room. A humble, self-critical play caller, Joseph will impress in interviews this winter.”

With some teams like the Buffalo Bills and of course Los Angeles likely to be searching for a new head coach this winter, it is more than likely at this stage for Vance Joseph to get some interviews. Unless there is a complete collapse from his defense during these last few weeks, I doubt he will be patrolling the Miami Dolphins sidelines next season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/miami-dolp ... 29918.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:35 pm 
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

There is a thread that says Miami is ranked 30th against the run going into Buffalo this week. The defense has definitely exceeded my expectations overall though. Wake is a monster.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:17 pm 
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

I think the defense is creating turnovers and is near the top on 3rd down. The rest, including stopping the run or pass is pretty pedestrian. With this DL they should be much better statistically

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:23 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I can see Vance Joseph as a head coach one day. I think he needs more time developing his craft, but he is a born leader. He'll get several interviews, but hopefully he'll be back with us next year polishing what he started this year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:33 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I guess I never really realized this to be an option since he has only been in Miami for one year. But I agree with you Dave; I think he will undoubtedly be a HC at some point in his future, but whether that tme is after this year or not, I'd like to think not, but I guess we'll see.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]