Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:20 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Everyone has to pay your dues.

Armando Salguero wrote:
Cameron Wake, a man of many sacks the past eight seasons with the Miami Dolphins, was a rookie in the eyes of established veterans such as Jason Taylor and Joey Porter when he came to the team in 2009. Those veterans wanted to treat Wake like a rookie and Wake, having led the CFL in sacks twice and been named defensive player of the year once, didn’t think that’s how he should be treated.

So Cameron Wake and Jason Taylor had some disagreements.

“There was one day I didn’t get any food for the plane and we had some choice words with one another,” Wake said. “[Then coach Tony] Sparano actually sat me down and he said ‘I’m not telling you what to do, you’re a grown man you can do what you want. But if I had Jason Taylor,’ and at the time Joey Porter was here too. ‘If I had those two guys at my disposal to pick their brains and find out how they do what they do, or who’s the best masseuse, or where to go on Friday to get your haircut, all these things that they know and all they’re asking me for is some chicken, it might be worthwhile to take part in that silly rookie tradition.’ “

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... rylink=cpy

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]