View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Have the Dolphins addressed the inability to cover fast TEs? 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Have the Dolphins addressed the inability to cover fast TEs?
Quote:
Forrest from Colorado writes: Do you think a guy like Dion Jordan is the answer to tight ends like Rob Gronkowskibecause of his size and speed?

ESPN's James Walker: It’s a bit of a mystery how Miami plans to use Jordan. He has tremendous athleticism, so the Dolphins could use Jordan in a variety of ways, including at outside linebacker. But Miami drafted Jordan, first and foremost, to get to the quarterback. That is what the Dolphins’ defense lacked outside of Pro Bowl defensive end Cameron Wake. Miami also got younger and more athletic at linebacker with free-agent additions Dannell Ellerbe and Philip Wheeler to better cover tight ends.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... dium-issue

Sun May 12, 2013 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Have the Dolphins addressed the inability to cover fast TEs?
The Jordan addition wasn't part of the plan because I know the didn't think he'd be available to us. His presence will only enhance the additions of Ellerbe and Wheeler. Those guys are faster, more coverage oriented LBers. Now, where we could see a difference in covering TEs and middle routes could very well be with the improved pass rush with Jordan opposite Wake on 3rd downs. With the pressure that we know the guys in the middle of the DL can provide, the entire defense could see improvement in both pass coverage and pressure on the QB... Hopefully it will mask the deficiencies we still have in the secondary. I can't count on Grimes and Marshall yet. Patterson was terrible last year and Taylor and Davis are rookies... I'm also anxious to see what Kelcie McKray has to offer. He was looking ok until he got hurt...

Sun May 12, 2013 10:43 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Have the Dolphins addressed the inability to cover fast TEs?
This is a guy who can put his hand in the dirt and play DE or he can stand up and play OLB. I think he'll be best used by moving him all around. Personally, I really like him as an OLB. With his atleticism he can do a lot of things for us and would really be an upgrade over Koa Misi.

Sun May 12, 2013 1:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]