View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 RT Tyson Clabo will visit the Dolphins Tuesday night. 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post RT Tyson Clabo will visit the Dolphins Tuesday night.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3095/tyson-clabo

Now that the Branden Albert trade has cooled, the Dolphins are moving on to other options. They've looked at Bryant McKinnie and Eric Winston, and will now kick the tires on the best free-agent right tackle available in Clabo. We're still not sure this would solve the Dolphins' real problem -- keeping Jonathan Martin off Ryan Tannehill's blind side. Clabo is a power blocker with no NFL experience at left tackle, and would be a poor fit in Miami's zone scheme. Apr 30 - 12:21 PM
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:57 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: RT Tyson Clabo will visit the Dolphins Tuesday night.
I am all for Miami doing their due diligence on interviewing available offensive lineman, but IF the plan is Martin at Left Tackle, I am still super nervous about that move. Too many red flags that still need to be addressed on him holding that position down. First off his strength to keep up with the top pass rushers in the NFL and the edge speed rushers.....needless to say this could be a major concern if we swing and miss not going with another viable option.

Protecting the franchise QB should be a number one concern.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:01 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

To me it seems like the plan is to start Martin at LT. The coaching staff has had an opportunity to see Martin since the offseason, and it appears that they do have some failth in his ability to hold down that spot.

I also think that they are bringing in vet OT's to compete for and backup the OT positions. Not sure if the starting RT is on the roster yet, but it really does seem like the opening day starting LT is.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:06 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Finhead34 wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3095/tyson-clabo

Now that the Branden Albert trade has cooled, the Dolphins are moving on to other options. They've looked at Bryant McKinnie and Eric Winston, and will now kick the tires on the best free-agent right tackle available in Clabo. We're still not sure this would solve the Dolphins' real problem -- keeping Jonathan Martin off Ryan Tannehill's blind side. Clabo is a power blocker with no NFL experience at left tackle, and would be a poor fit in Miami's zone scheme. Apr 30 - 12:21 PM
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

What about Eugene Monroe? Has anybody heard any news from the Jaguars blogs?

Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:35 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Clabo isn't necessarily a scheme fit, but honestly at this point I just want a good pass protector who won't get Ryan killed. Clabo is my favorite of the bunch.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:07 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:
Clabo isn't necessarily a scheme fit, but honestly at this point I just want a good pass protector who won't get Ryan killed. Clabo is my favorite of the bunch.

More than Winston?

Also, Winston Justice is now on his way for a visit as well. Don't know much about him... what does PFF say about him?

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:39 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

k-dash wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

More than Winston?

Also, Winston Justice is now on his way for a visit as well. Don't know much about him... what does PFF say about him?

Ranked one spot better than Jake Long but he's a right tackle.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:41 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I am beginning to wonder if Ireland is trying to spook KC in to lowering their price on Albert by bringing in McKinnie and Clabo. McKinnie is the poster child for everything Philbin can't stand and Clabo doesn't fit the blocking scheme.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:02 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I will be shocked if McKinnie is the guy that they bring into the lineup. He's a good player, but not the kind of character then Philbin will stand for

Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:19 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

bobby0112 wrote:
I am beginning to wonder if Ireland is trying to spook KC in to lowering their price on Albert by bringing in McKinnie and Clabo. McKinnie is the poster child for everything Philbin can't stand and Clabo doesn't fit the blocking scheme.

I think Ireland wants to let KC know that there are options available. I still think the Dolphins are very much interested in the trade for Albert. They just want to get him at their price.

Branden Albert makes the most sense to me, and giving up a 2nd round pick in 2014 would work for me.

I agree about McKinnie Chris. He is everything Philbin does not want on this extremely young football team.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]