View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:12 am



Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 RT Tyson Clabo will visit the Dolphins Tuesday night. 
Author Message
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 4741
Location: Houston, Texas
Post RT Tyson Clabo will visit the Dolphins Tuesday night.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3095/tyson-clabo

Now that the Branden Albert trade has cooled, the Dolphins are moving on to other options. They've looked at Bryant McKinnie and Eric Winston, and will now kick the tires on the best free-agent right tackle available in Clabo. We're still not sure this would solve the Dolphins' real problem -- keeping Jonathan Martin off Ryan Tannehill's blind side. Clabo is a power blocker with no NFL experience at left tackle, and would be a poor fit in Miami's zone scheme. Apr 30 - 12:21 PM
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter


Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:57 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 4741
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: RT Tyson Clabo will visit the Dolphins Tuesday night.
I am all for Miami doing their due diligence on interviewing available offensive lineman, but IF the plan is Martin at Left Tackle, I am still super nervous about that move. Too many red flags that still need to be addressed on him holding that position down. First off his strength to keep up with the top pass rushers in the NFL and the edge speed rushers.....needless to say this could be a major concern if we swing and miss not going with another viable option.

Protecting the franchise QB should be a number one concern.


Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:01 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 254
Location: Tampa, FL
Post Re: RT Tyson Clabo will visit the Dolphins Tuesday night.
To me it seems like the plan is to start Martin at LT. The coaching staff has had an opportunity to see Martin since the offseason, and it appears that they do have some failth in his ability to hold down that spot.

I also think that they are bringing in vet OT's to compete for and backup the OT positions. Not sure if the starting RT is on the roster yet, but it really does seem like the opening day starting LT is.


Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:06 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 781
Post Re: RT Tyson Clabo will visit the Dolphins Tuesday night.
Finhead34 wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3095/tyson-clabo

Now that the Branden Albert trade has cooled, the Dolphins are moving on to other options. They've looked at Bryant McKinnie and Eric Winston, and will now kick the tires on the best free-agent right tackle available in Clabo. We're still not sure this would solve the Dolphins' real problem -- keeping Jonathan Martin off Ryan Tannehill's blind side. Clabo is a power blocker with no NFL experience at left tackle, and would be a poor fit in Miami's zone scheme. Apr 30 - 12:21 PM
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter



What about Eugene Monroe? Has anybody heard any news from the Jaguars blogs?


Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:35 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: RT Tyson Clabo will visit the Dolphins Tuesday night.
Clabo isn't necessarily a scheme fit, but honestly at this point I just want a good pass protector who won't get Ryan killed. Clabo is my favorite of the bunch.


Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:07 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 891
Post Re: RT Tyson Clabo will visit the Dolphins Tuesday night.
Phins Rock wrote:
Clabo isn't necessarily a scheme fit, but honestly at this point I just want a good pass protector who won't get Ryan killed. Clabo is my favorite of the bunch.


More than Winston?

Also, Winston Justice is now on his way for a visit as well. Don't know much about him... what does PFF say about him?


Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:39 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21309
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: RT Tyson Clabo will visit the Dolphins Tuesday night.
k-dash wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Clabo isn't necessarily a scheme fit, but honestly at this point I just want a good pass protector who won't get Ryan killed. Clabo is my favorite of the bunch.


More than Winston?

Also, Winston Justice is now on his way for a visit as well. Don't know much about him... what does PFF say about him?


Ranked one spot better than Jake Long but he's a right tackle.

_________________
Image


Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:41 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 1300
Location: Lakeland, Fl
Post Re: RT Tyson Clabo will visit the Dolphins Tuesday night.
I am beginning to wonder if Ireland is trying to spook KC in to lowering their price on Albert by bringing in McKinnie and Clabo. McKinnie is the poster child for everything Philbin can't stand and Clabo doesn't fit the blocking scheme.

_________________
Image


Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:02 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Post Re: RT Tyson Clabo will visit the Dolphins Tuesday night.
I will be shocked if McKinnie is the guy that they bring into the lineup. He's a good player, but not the kind of character then Philbin will stand for

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:19 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3413
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: RT Tyson Clabo will visit the Dolphins Tuesday night.
bobby0112 wrote:
I am beginning to wonder if Ireland is trying to spook KC in to lowering their price on Albert by bringing in McKinnie and Clabo. McKinnie is the poster child for everything Philbin can't stand and Clabo doesn't fit the blocking scheme.


I think Ireland wants to let KC know that there are options available. I still think the Dolphins are very much interested in the trade for Albert. They just want to get him at their price.

Branden Albert makes the most sense to me, and giving up a 2nd round pick in 2014 would work for me.

I agree about McKinnie Chris. He is everything Philbin does not want on this extremely young football team.

_________________
Image


Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:36 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Ski_Money and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.