View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:25 pm



Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 a draft day wildcard for the Dolphins 
Author Message
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 5658
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post a draft day wildcard for the Dolphins
Quote:
The Dolphins are "showing considerable interest" in UNC RB Gio Bernard, according to beat writer Barry Jackson.
Bernard is from Florida and spent five hours at the Dolphins' headquarters last Thursday. Jackson calls Bernard an option at picks No. 42 and 54. The team is expected to feature Lamar Miller as their top rusher, but need a third down or passing down back, and Bernard has experience in that area.


from what i've heard he plays alot like Brian Westbrook. Would be an interesting backfield with him and Miller.


Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:59 pm
Profile
Online
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 2685
Location: MA.
Post Re: a draft day wildcard for the Dolphins
Ace Sanders is a late round guy i want to see.


Punt returner and future replacement for the slot when Bess is gone


Last edited by Kev1321 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:03 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4441
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: a draft day wildcard for the Dolphins
He is a north n south runner with a good ability to get open on screens, but he is not a real home run threat.
He also is disciplined, he doesn't dance he just lowers his shoulder and follows his blockers.

Prototypical Joe Philbin RB from what I have read from the coach....

Im on the fence with our RB situation, I think Miller has what it takes, but need to see it on a regular basis taking more snaps. But the depth is just not there, Thomas is injury prone, the rest have no experience.
I would prefer a FA over a 2nd rounder, but for a 1 - 2 punch this kid would compliment Miller..

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:23 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: a draft day wildcard for the Dolphins
He's Lamar Miller. Exactly the same guy...not quite as explosive though.

I like him, but I'm not sure why you would add a Day 2 rookie to a backfield that's already so young. If you're going to add competition for Thomas, I think it should be a vet.


Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:53 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Post Re: a draft day wildcard for the Dolphins
How about taking a shot at Marcus Lattimore in a late round?

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:26 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Post Re: a draft day wildcard for the Dolphins
rodneyfaile wrote:
How about taking a shot at Marcus Lattimore in a late round?


I loved Lattimore at South Carolina, but he just destroyed his knee and with our history with injuries (anyone remember Yatil Green?), I'd hesitate to draft him.

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Post Re: a draft day wildcard for the Dolphins
cspooner13 wrote:
rodneyfaile wrote:
How about taking a shot at Marcus Lattimore in a late round?


I loved Lattimore at South Carolina, but he just destroyed his knee and with our history with injuries (anyone remember Yatil Green?), I'd hesitate to draft him.


How far down in the draft do you think he will fall? I was thinking he could fall as far as 4th or 5th, but I am seeing some think he might go in the 3rd. Not sure I would use a 3rd on him, but 4th maybe.

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:41 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Re: a draft day wildcard for the Dolphins
I'm still hoping Eddie Lacy slips to the middle 2nd. I think he's be a great value there and would complement Miller very well.


Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:52 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 3959
Post Re: a draft day wildcard for the Dolphins
rodneyfaile wrote:
How far down in the draft do you think he will fall? I was thinking he could fall as far as 4th or 5th, but I am seeing some think he might go in the 3rd. Not sure I would use a 3rd on him, but 4th maybe.

I think he will be there in Rd. 4 unless he shows something prior to the draft. If he does, then have no issues using the last 3rd on him. Gamble on greatness.


Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:55 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3376
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: a draft day wildcard for the Dolphins
I sincerely hope what ever team draft Marcus will look to sit him for the year. I think he is going to have to sit the year out anyway.

When healthy, Marcus is probably the most complete back in the draft, as he is very good in the pass game, both as a receiver and as a pass protection.

A kid to possibly keep an eye on is Christine Michael of Texas A & M. Nice size, speed and power. He does have a injury history also, and off the field issues. Mike Sherman should know about the young man as he did coach him.

_________________
Image


Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:42 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Post Re: a draft day wildcard for the Dolphins
phinsfansc wrote:
I sincerely hope what ever team draft Marcus will look to sit him for the year. I think he is going to have to sit the year out anyway.

When healthy, Marcus is probably the most complete back in the draft, as he is very good in the pass game, both as a receiver and as a pass protection.

A kid to possibly keep an eye on is Christine Michael of Texas A & M. Nice size, speed and power. He does have a injury history also, and off the field issues. Mike Sherman should know about the young man as he did coach him.


His injuries and off-field issues scare me, especially with all the luster of South Beach. But he is talented and physically what you look for in a RB, so I won't hate the pick if we can get him late second day or early in the third

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:44 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Post Re: a draft day wildcard for the Dolphins
I think Marcus Lattimore will go in the third.

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:44 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 3959
Post Re: a draft day wildcard for the Dolphins
cspooner13 wrote:
His injuries and off-field issues scare me, especially with all the luster of South Beach.
Please expand on these off field issues. I've only heard great things about the guy, so get me up to speed.


Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:58 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Post Re: a draft day wildcard for the Dolphins
Dphins4me wrote:
cspooner13 wrote:
His injuries and off-field issues scare me, especially with all the luster of South Beach.
Please expand on these off field issues. I've only heard great things about the guy, so get me up to speed.


My comment was about Christine, not Marcus. Marcus from everything I can tell is an upstanding young man

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 3959
Post Re: a draft day wildcard for the Dolphins
cspooner13 wrote:
My comment was about Christine, not Marcus. Marcus from everything I can tell is an upstanding young man

Gotcha. Thanks


Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:19 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Re: a draft day wildcard for the Dolphins
Two options at runningback are Franklin from UCLA in the late 2nd / early 3rd and Gillislee from Florida in the late 4th / middle 5th. Either player would be more than capable of splitting carries with Miller. Not only that, but both players give you solid hands out of the backfield and solid pass protection skills. Both guys reportedly looked excellent at the Senior Bowl.


Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:25 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kev1321 and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.