View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 
 Dream trade scenario for Miami tonite 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Dream trade scenario for Miami tonite
This scenario would be the best possible outcome for Miami tonite.

From what i've been hearing it's almost a given that San Francisco will trade up for the player they want. They have too many picks that wouldn't make their final roster in camp so they are the big players in this draft.
Now, rumor is brewing that Tyler Eifert is the guy they desire. It gets better. They fear that the Jets covet Eifert with the 13th pick.

We are sitting at #12 and mayock said tonight that he thinks it's very realistic to think the Niners would jump in front of them and make a deal for Miami's 12th pick by sending us picks 31 and 34.
I'd love to be sitting in that 30 to 45 range with 3 picks.

Assuming we trade for Brandon Albert today we could walk away with a haul like this (31-Jamar Taylor-CB, 34-Damontre Moore-DE, 42-Gavin Escobar-TE)

Then we'd still have two 3rd rounders and a 4th rounder to fill the other needs like guard, receiver and safety with quality players.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:56 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Dream trade scenario for Miami tonite
Being a stubborn quality over quantity guy, I'd hate to trade down that far. I'd rather just go with Eifert. I'll just see flashbacks of passing on JPP, Brandon Graham and Earl Thomas for Odrick/Misi combo.

But I'm in the minority.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:29 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I'm of the mindset that Escobar can be as dangerous as Eifert in our offense.

Quote:
As a receiving target, Escobar is exactly what NFL teams are looking for. His fluidity and downfield comfort is effortless, as is Escobar's near refusal to body catch. However, the same issue that kept Escobar out of a full-time role in 2011 could limit his snaps in the NFL: inconsistent blocking. Still, Escobar is a talented receiving option that teams will use around the offensive formation.

NFL.com

Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:36 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:
Being a stubborn quality over quantity guy, I'd hate to trade down that far. I'd rather just go with Eifert. I'll just see flashbacks of passing on JPP, Brandon Graham and Earl Thomas for Odrick/Misi combo.

But I'm in the minority.

I am in your camp Phins Rock. Miami needs to add some play makers. Although a trade like the one mentioned above would replace the 2nd round pick Miami would use if they trade for Albert. So much will depend on what they do on that possible trade.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:26 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

I'm in PR's camp as well.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:37 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Based on the draft value chart, the #12 pick is worth 1,200 points and picks 31&34 are worth a combined 1,160. So to get full value, they need to get SF's 2nd 4th round pick #131 worth 41 points.

Doesn't change the quantity of quality argument, but it adds a little more quantity.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:23 am

What about San Fran's two 1st rounders?

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:24 am

swerve13 wrote:

Quote:
As a receiving target, Escobar is exactly what NFL teams are looking for. His fluidity and downfield comfort is effortless, as is Escobar's near refusal to body catch. However, the same issue that kept Escobar out of a full-time role in 2011 could limit his snaps in the NFL: inconsistent blocking. Still, Escobar is a talented receiving option that teams will use around the offensive formation.

NFL.com

He has some nice qualities, but he isn't half the athlete Eifert is...And Escobar's blocking is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Horrible for a man his size.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:49 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

swerve13 wrote:

Quote:

NFL.com

I honelstly think Kelce from Cincinnatti is a better blocker/catcher than Escobar and can be had in the 3rd round!

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:58 am

MdDolfan wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Quote:

NFL.com

I honelstly think Kelce from Cincinnatti is a better blocker/catcher than Escobar and can be had in the 3rd round!

I have Kelce as my #2 TE. Based on talent alone I think he's an early 2nd round guy.

But the off the field issues need to be checked out big time.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:07 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

And Escobar's blocking is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Horrible for a man his size.

I think Egnew has him beat.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:12 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:

But I'm in the minority.

I am with you 100%, that trade would SUCK.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:46 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I agree with PR as well. Trading down scares me. I'd rather have a top playmaker at 12 than two more "high motor, high character" Ireland guys.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:54 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

He has some nice qualities, but he isn't half the athlete Eifert is...And Escobar's blocking is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Horrible for a man his size.

Well said, not even close between Eifert and Escobar. I hope Miami stands pat and pulls the trigger on Eifert. IF that is the guy they plan to target etc.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:27 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

No way do they move up that far and the Dolphins do a points trade. Bottom line, if the Dolphins are going to move back that far, the 49ers are going to have to wow them. If they want #12, it will cost them something like a 1st, 2nd, and future 1st. If the 49ers were willing to part with that, then I think the deal gets done.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:00 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Outside of Tyler Eifert, there are grounds for suggesting that Escobar is the best tight end prospect in this class. The San Diego State junior looks the part of today’s hybrid receiver/tight end and is a natural receiver, possessing the straight-line speed to challenge the seam, despite what his disappointing 40 time at the Combine may suggest. Escobar has one obvious area of weakness: his blocking, but if drafted by a team with a dynamic offense, where he can move around the formation and split out wide, he should emerge as a dangerous receiving weapon. With plenty of tight end-needy teams around the league, he looks like a top 100 pick.

http://insidethewarroom.wordpress.com/2 ... t-crushes/

Eifert is the better blocker for sure, but I'm not so sure he's the better weapon.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:12 pm

swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
Outside of Tyler Eifert, there are grounds for suggesting that Escobar is the best tight end prospect in this class. The San Diego State junior looks the part of today’s hybrid receiver/tight end and is a natural receiver, possessing the straight-line speed to challenge the seam, despite what his disappointing 40 time at the Combine may suggest. Escobar has one obvious area of weakness: his blocking, but if drafted by a team with a dynamic offense, where he can move around the formation and split out wide, he should emerge as a dangerous receiving weapon. With plenty of tight end-needy teams around the league, he looks like a top 100 pick.

http://insidethewarroom.wordpress.com/2 ... t-crushes/

Eifert is the better blocker for sure, but I'm not so sure he's the better weapon.

I don't even think their athleticism is comparable, to be honest with you. When watching Escobar, what I saw on tape was the same guy that ran 4.8 at the combine.

Eifert isn't Jimmy Graham, but he's a very very fluid, natural athlete. Multi-sport type guy.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:20 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:

But I'm in the minority.
This draft does not have those type talented players. Eifert is a mid 2nd in last years draft.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:42 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:

We are sitting at #12 and mayock said tonight that he thinks it's very realistic to think the Niners would jump in front of them and make a deal for Miami's 12th pick by sending us picks 31 and 34..
I'd like to have a little more than that.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:44 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I hope we have all learned not to believe anything that gets leaked. No one saw this.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:06 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
I hope we have all learned not to believe anything that gets leaked. No one saw this.

Nope. I was in the process of showing my son what I had posted about not trading up for a LT.

If Armstead falls to 54 & Miami drafts him, then the move up was unquestionable solid.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:10 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I don't think that Armstead at 54 is out of the question at all actually. Neither is a move up for him

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:01 pm
Profile WWW

cspooner13 wrote:
I don't think that Armstead at 54 is out of the question at all actually. Neither is a move up for him

Agreed. If not I think they go Escobar or a DB. Cyprien makes sense, as does Poyer and Jamar Taylor.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:02 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Seeing as a lot of people had Poyer and Taylor as potential late-first picks, I would definitely support them over Escobar. I don't like Escobar really. I'd prefer Ertz or MacDonald

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:04 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

cspooner13 wrote:
Seeing as a lot of people had Poyer and Taylor as potential late-first picks, I would definitely support them over Escobar. I don't like Escobar really. I'd prefer Ertz or MacDonald

I think they would take Kelce in the 3rd most likely but I think they actually may go wr with this pick because I think getting a pass rusher is to help the secondary right now at least until the 3rd

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:14 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Justin Hunter and Robert Woods are still there too. Not that we need more WR's, but I'd have to look long and hard at them if they're there when we pick.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

cspooner13 wrote:

I thought the other day you said you liked Escobar alot?

Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:25 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

cspooner13 wrote:
Justin Hunter and Robert Woods are still there too. Not that we need more WR's, but I'd have to look long and hard at them if they're there when we pick.

Justin Hunter would be a steal at 54 I would be shocked if he was there

Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:29 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I think that at least one of them will still be there when we pick

Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]