View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:21 pm



Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ] 
 Final Miami Mock Draft 
Author Message
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3462
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Final Miami Mock Draft
To say this 2013 NFL Draft is fluid is an understatement for Miami and the rest of the NFL. Right now, Miami is working to complete a deal for Kanasa City OLT Branden Albert. NFL Network's Ian Rappaport has said the Dolphins have no issues with the financial part, it up to Kansas City to decide if the want the 2nd round pick the Dolphins are offering, their 2nd pick in the 2nd round, #54. There is some buzz that Arizona may have some interest in trading for Albert, but Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic and Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com are both skeptical of how serious the Cardinals are.

My last mock is based on the Dolphins completing this deal to get Brandon Albert to solve the situation of the hole left at OLT after Jake Long signed with St. Louis.

With that said, let's take a look at my final mock draft for the Dolphins.



1) Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame - The buzz for Eifert to Miami seems to be getting stronger and stronger, and Eifert is considered the best TE in this draft. He has the combination of ability as a pass catcher with speed to threaten the seam and red zone threat as well as being competent enough as an inline blocker. He still has work to do as a blocker, but that can be improved. He gives Miami a potent TE combo with Dustin Keller, and gives the Dolphins another weapon for QB Ryan Tannehill. Other options are West Virginia WR Tavon Austin, and there is some buzz about Miami possibly trading up to get Alabama CB Dee Milliner if he slips past Cleveland, which I don't see happening. A possible wild card could be Houston CB D.J Hayden.

2) Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State - The Dolphins made a nice move in bringing in CB Brent Grimes, but the Dolphins will still look to bring multiple cornerbacks into the fold. The Dolphins ran the Bulldogs DB drills and got an up close looks at Banks. He has the size, ball skills, fluid back pedal and the ability to play both man and zone coverage. He does not have that blazing timed speed, but he has the football speed to be a Day 1 starter.

2) Traded to Kansas City for OLT Brandon Albert

3) Brandon Williams, DT/NT, Missouri State - DT Randy Starks has the franchise tag on him and has not signed a long term deal yet and DT/NT Paul Soliai will be a free agent after the 2013 season. Jeff Ireland loves keeping the DL stocked, and Miami takes a scheme diverse, powerful DT in Williams. Can fit in an odd or even front and can be disruptive in the middle of a defense from a run or pass standpoint. Dominated at his level and had 25.5 career sacks.

3) Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB, Auburn - The Dolphins still would like to bring in a pass ruhser opposite Cameron Wake. They also seem to be very high on 2012 3rd round pick Olivier Vernon, who had 3.5 sacks in 2012 season. Still, the best way to make a secondary better is to put as much pressure as possible on the quarterback, and the Dolphins need more from that spot. Lemonier has 17.0 career sacks in his 3 years at Auburn, and has faced some of the best competition in the nation.6'4, 255 lbs and ran a 4.56 40 at the combine, and the motor always runs hot.

4) Da'Rick Rodgers, WR, Tennessee Tech - This off season has been about adding playmakers both offensively and defensively for the Dolphins. Rodgers would give the Dolphins that big, physical, red zone threat at WR. Led the SEC in recpetions in 2011 with 67 catches for 1,049 yards and 9 touchdowns. Was suspended indefinitely in 2012 for multiple violations of the substance abuse policy, so he will have checked throughly. With that said, the Dolphins have talked with Georgia OLB Alec Ogletree, LSU Tyrann Mathieu and Cincinnati TE Travis Kelce and WR Kenbrell Thompkins, kids that have also had off the field issues. His one year with Tennessee Tech, Da"Rick put up 61 catches for 893 yards and 10 touchdowns.

5) Brandon McGee, CB, Miami - Miami looks to take multiple CB, and add a kid with speed, the footwork and smooth hips to be a very good cornerback. Struggled with inconsistent play while at Miami and never played up to his vast talent level. Reminds me a lot of Sam Shields of the Green Bay Packers. Similar to McGee from a talent standpoint and struggles while at Miami. Blossomed once he got to the Packers.

5) Hugh Thornton, OG, Illinois - With the signing of OG Lance Louis, the Dolphins will likely go into the mid rounds before they look to bring an OG into the fold, but they will look to add talent to the position. This is a little blurb on Thronton from NFL.Com.

Strengths

Tenacious blocker once engaged either in the run game or pass pro, finishes blocks to the ground whenever necessary. Good quickness from his stance, can fire out to greet defenders. Very good upper body strength to latch onto and stone targets, possesses footwork to stay with them throughout the play. Quick feet and good straight-line speed also help him block down and reach second-level targets, also pulled for outside runs. Uses athleticism and length as an effective cut blocker in space to take out defenders.

7) Don Jones, SS, Arkansas State - Miami has shown a lot of interest in this SS prospect from Arkansas State. Very nice size at 5'11, 191 lbs with very good speed at 4.41 40.

7) Latavius Murray, RB, Central Florida - Miami has visited with Latavius, and there is a lot to like about this young man. 6'3, 233 lbs and ran a 4.39 40. 453 career carries for 2,424 yards with a 5.4 yard per carry average and 37 rushing touchdowns. 50 catches for 524 yards and 6 touchdown catches.

7) Vince Williams, ILB, Florida State - Miami adds depth to the linebacker corps with this intense Seminole. Miami has talked about possibly adding a QB as well, so keep an eye on Vanderbilt QB Jordan Rogers. Props to ToneOz, one of our members that had Rodgers in his mock draft in the 7th round.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:29 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
Welcome onto the bandwagon, Tony;)

I'd say Milliner is the favorite if he falls, but I agree with you. I think Cleveland takes him at 6 if not Detroit at 5.

Realistically I think it goes Eifert, Hayden, Sheldon Richardson. Those are the 3 names I'm looking at right now.

Quote:
Still, the best way to make a secondary better is to put as much pressure as possible on the quarterback, and the Dolphins need more from that spot.


Exactly. People complain about a lack of INT's and rightfully so. But a big time rush with just 4 guys does more to help that than adding secondary help. Still, I agree with you that they'll wait a while on a DE. Sounds like they do like Olivier and Kaddu, and have higher priorities. I'm just tired of 2nd tier rushers though.


Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:22 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3462
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
Phins Rock wrote:
Welcome onto the bandwagon, Tony;)

I'd say Milliner is the favorite if he falls, but I agree with you. I think Cleveland takes him at 6 if not Detroit at 5.

Realistically I think it goes Eifert, Hayden, Sheldon Richardson. Those are the 3 names I'm looking at right now.

Quote:
Still, the best way to make a secondary better is to put as much pressure as possible on the quarterback, and the Dolphins need more from that spot.


Exactly. People complain about a lack of INT's and rightfully so. But a big time rush with just 4 guys does more to help that than adding secondary help. Still, I agree with you that they'll wait a while on a DE. Sounds like they do like Olivier and Kaddu, and have higher priorities. I'm just tired of 2nd tier rushers though.



I love love love Tavon Austin. Someone is going to get an explosive playmaker. The talk of how to use the kid is beyond STUPID. That said, Eifert seems to be the vibe. Yeah, Sheldon Richardson is a name that has been mentioned with Miami a little bit along with Star Lotulelei.

Trade up could be possible also if for some reason this Brandon Albert deal is not done.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:40 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
I'm hoping for this scenario.
Trade Back In The 1st Round (Add 2nd Round Pick)
1st Round - Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame
2nd Round - Sylvester Williams - DT - North Carolina
2nd Round - Traded to KC for Branden Albert
2nd Round - Damontre Moore - DE/OLB - Texas A&M
2nd Round - Johnthan Banks - CB - Mississippi State
3rd Round - Traded in deal for 2nd round pick.
3rd Round - David Amerson - CB - North Carolina State
4th Round - Ryan Swope - WR - Texas A&M
5th Round - Traded in deal for 2nd round pick.
5th Round - Mike Gillislee - RB - Florida
7th Round - Traded in deal for 2nd round pick.
7th Round - Dustin Hopkins - K - Florida State

Trade Randy Starks, Davone Bess, and Dan Carpenter for future picks in 2014 draft.


Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:04 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
Highlight videos aren't scouting tools, but how can you watch this video and not want the guy at #12?


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Such a perfect compliment to what we have. Such a weapon in the redzone...Don't let the Jets have him at #13.


Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:14 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3462
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
wkloiber13 wrote:
I'm hoping for this scenario.
Trade Back In The 1st Round (Add 2nd Round Pick)
1st Round - Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame
2nd Round - Sylvester Williams - DT - North Carolina
2nd Round - Traded to KC for Branden Albert
2nd Round - Damontre Moore - DE/OLB - Texas A&M
2nd Round - Johnthan Banks - CB - Mississippi State
3rd Round - Traded in deal for 2nd round pick.
3rd Round - David Amerson - CB - North Carolina State
4th Round - Ryan Swope - WR - Texas A&M
5th Round - Traded in deal for 2nd round pick.
5th Round - Mike Gillislee - RB - Florida
7th Round - Traded in deal for 2nd round pick.
7th Round - Dustin Hopkins - K - Florida State

Trade Randy Starks, Davone Bess, and Dan Carpenter for future picks in 2014 draft.




WOW wkloiber, you want to trade that group? I can see Davone being traded because that talk is out there. But Starks and Carpenter too?

I had this discussion with cspoon on Ryan Swope, and while I like him as a prospect, I am scared to death of Swope due to his issues with concussions.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:18 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
Chris is fine, I don't mind people using my actual name.

The more I think about the mock that I'm putting together for my blog, the more that I'm thinking of slotting in either Alex Okafor or Damontre Moore in as our pick in the second round. Glad to see I'm not the only one along that train of thought

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3462
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
cspooner13 wrote:
Chris is fine, I don't mind people using my actual name.

The more I think about the mock that I'm putting together for my blog, the more that I'm thinking of slotting in either Alex Okafor or Damontre Moore in as our pick in the second round. Glad to see I'm not the only one along that train of thought





I here you Chris............ :embarrassed:

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:38 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
If I thought Johnathan Banks was going to make it to the third round I'd probably slot him in there instead of David Amerson too, but I don't think he'll make it that far.

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:46 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2438
Location: NSW, Australia
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
wkloiber13 wrote:
I'm hoping for this scenario.
Trade Back In The 1st Round (Add 2nd Round Pick)
1st Round - Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame
2nd Round - Sylvester Williams - DT - North Carolina
2nd Round - Traded to KC for Branden Albert
2nd Round - Damontre Moore - DE/OLB - Texas A&M
2nd Round - Johnthan Banks - CB - Mississippi State
3rd Round - Traded in deal for 2nd round pick.
3rd Round - David Amerson - CB - North Carolina State
4th Round - Ryan Swope - WR - Texas A&M
5th Round - Traded in deal for 2nd round pick.
5th Round - Mike Gillislee - RB - Florida
7th Round - Traded in deal for 2nd round pick.
7th Round - Dustin Hopkins - K - Florida State

Trade Randy Starks, Davone Bess, and Dan Carpenter for future picks in 2014 draft.


How did you wind up with 3 2nd round picks, plus one traded away for Albert?


Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:21 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6487
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
Quote:
NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah writes the Miami Dolphins will draft one of Texas S Kenny Vaccaro, Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert or Alabama G Chance Warmack at 12.
Jeremiah also wrote that the team will look to address the cornerback position in the second round. As he notes, the Dolphins previously addressed that position in the second round when they selected Sean Smith out of Utah, but Smith left the team this off-season. They are seriously lacking players at the position, so it makes sense.


Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:48 am
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 9170
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
I think just the Tyler Eifert pick would give this draft a "win" in my book.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:11 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 9170
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
phinsfansc wrote:
The talk of how to use the kid is beyond STUPID.


Just people's opinions, Tony. Some may think its stupid to draft a receiver when we've all ready addressed it with 3 signings in free agency, and have needs at CB, OT, OG, DE, and TE.

I like how you addressed the defensive line in round 3. We'll have to see if we can get you into the Miami Dolphins war room next year, buddy. Maybe with you in there we'll finally have people that actually can stick on the roster from a Day 2 draft.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:17 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 6006
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
I'd be very very happy with that draft Tony. Nice job. Lets just hope that both Cleveland and the Jets pass on Eifert in the top 10. Both appear pretty desperate for a TE receiving target.


Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:32 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 4873
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
My hope all along has been Tyler Eifert. I believe he is a future pro bowl caliber player and an immediate impact to the offense and especially the critical red zone area.


Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:33 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21757
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
degs wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
I'm hoping for this scenario.
Trade Back In The 1st Round (Add 2nd Round Pick)
1st Round - Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame
2nd Round - Sylvester Williams - DT - North Carolina
2nd Round - Traded to KC for Branden Albert
2nd Round - Damontre Moore - DE/OLB - Texas A&M
2nd Round - Johnthan Banks - CB - Mississippi State
3rd Round - Traded in deal for 2nd round pick.
3rd Round - David Amerson - CB - North Carolina State
4th Round - Ryan Swope - WR - Texas A&M
5th Round - Traded in deal for 2nd round pick.
5th Round - Mike Gillislee - RB - Florida
7th Round - Traded in deal for 2nd round pick.
7th Round - Dustin Hopkins - K - Florida State

Trade Randy Starks, Davone Bess, and Dan Carpenter for future picks in 2014 draft.


How did you wind up with 3 2nd round picks, plus one traded away for Albert?


Didn't you hear? Teams are willing to give up 2nd round picks for 5th and 7th round picks now.

_________________
Image


Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:30 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 1913
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
phinsfansc wrote:
To say this 2013 NFL Draft is fluid is an understatement for Miami and the rest of the NFL. Right now, Miami is working to complete a deal for Kanasa City OLT Branden Albert. NFL Network's Ian Rappaport has said the Dolphins have no issues with the financial part, it up to Kansas City to decide if the want the 2nd round pick the Dolphins are offering, their 2nd pick in the 2nd round, #54. There is some buzz that Arizona may have some interest in trading for Albert, but Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic and Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com are both skeptical of how serious the Cardinals are.

My last mock is based on the Dolphins completing this deal to get Brandon Albert to solve the situation of the hole left at OLT after Jake Long signed with St. Louis.

With that said, let's take a look at my final mock draft for the Dolphins.



1) Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame - The buzz for Eifert to Miami seems to be getting stronger and stronger, and Eifert is considered the best TE in this draft. He has the combination of ability as a pass catcher with speed to threaten the seam and red zone threat as well as being competent enough as an inline blocker. He still has work to do as a blocker, but that can be improved. He gives Miami a potent TE combo with Dustin Keller, and gives the Dolphins another weapon for QB Ryan Tannehill. Other options are West Virginia WR Tavon Austin, and there is some buzz about Miami possibly trading up to get Alabama CB Dee Milliner if he slips past Cleveland, which I don't see happening. A possible wild card could be Houston CB D.J Hayden.

2) Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State - The Dolphins made a nice move in bringing in CB Brent Grimes, but the Dolphins will still look to bring multiple cornerbacks into the fold. The Dolphins ran the Bulldogs DB drills and got an up close looks at Banks. He has the size, ball skills, fluid back pedal and the ability to play both man and zone coverage. He does not have that blazing timed speed, but he has the football speed to be a Day 1 starter.

2) Traded to Kansas City for OLT Brandon Albert

3) Brandon Williams, DT/NT, Missouri State - DT Randy Starks has the franchise tag on him and has not signed a long term deal yet and DT/NT Paul Soliai will be a free agent after the 2013 season. Jeff Ireland loves keeping the DL stocked, and Miami takes a scheme diverse, powerful DT in Williams. Can fit in an odd or even front and can be disruptive in the middle of a defense from a run or pass standpoint. Dominated at his level and had 25.5 career sacks.

3) Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB, Auburn - The Dolphins still would like to bring in a pass ruhser opposite Cameron Wake. They also seem to be very high on 2012 3rd round pick Olivier Vernon, who had 3.5 sacks in 2012 season. Still, the best way to make a secondary better is to put as much pressure as possible on the quarterback, and the Dolphins need more from that spot. Lemonier has 17.0 career sacks in his 3 years at Auburn, and has faced some of the best competition in the nation.6'4, 255 lbs and ran a 4.56 40 at the combine, and the motor always runs hot.

4) Da'Rick Rodgers, WR, Tennessee Tech - This off season has been about adding playmakers both offensively and defensively for the Dolphins. Rodgers would give the Dolphins that big, physical, red zone threat at WR. Led the SEC in recpetions in 2011 with 67 catches for 1,049 yards and 9 touchdowns. Was suspended indefinitely in 2012 for multiple violations of the substance abuse policy, so he will have checked throughly. With that said, the Dolphins have talked with Georgia OLB Alec Ogletree, LSU Tyrann Mathieu and Cincinnati TE Travis Kelce and WR Kenbrell Thompkins, kids that have also had off the field issues. His one year with Tennessee Tech, Da"Rick put up 61 catches for 893 yards and 10 touchdowns.

5) Brandon McGee, CB, Miami - Miami looks to take multiple CB, and add a kid with speed, the footwork and smooth hips to be a very good cornerback. Struggled with inconsistent play while at Miami and never played up to his vast talent level. Reminds me a lot of Sam Shields of the Green Bay Packers. Similar to McGee from a talent standpoint and struggles while at Miami. Blossomed once he got to the Packers.

5) Hugh Thornton, OG, Illinois - With the signing of OG Lance Louis, the Dolphins will likely go into the mid rounds before they look to bring an OG into the fold, but they will look to add talent to the position. This is a little blurb on Thronton from NFL.Com.

Strengths

Tenacious blocker once engaged either in the run game or pass pro, finishes blocks to the ground whenever necessary. Good quickness from his stance, can fire out to greet defenders. Very good upper body strength to latch onto and stone targets, possesses footwork to stay with them throughout the play. Quick feet and good straight-line speed also help him block down and reach second-level targets, also pulled for outside runs. Uses athleticism and length as an effective cut blocker in space to take out defenders.

7) Don Jones, SS, Arkansas State - Miami has shown a lot of interest in this SS prospect from Arkansas State. Very nice size at 5'11, 191 lbs with very good speed at 4.41 40.

7) Latavius Murray, RB, Central Florida - Miami has visited with Latavius, and there is a lot to like about this young man. 6'3, 233 lbs and ran a 4.39 40. 453 career carries for 2,424 yards with a 5.4 yard per carry average and 37 rushing touchdowns. 50 catches for 524 yards and 6 touchdown catches.

7) Vince Williams, ILB, Florida State - Miami adds depth to the linebacker corps with this intense Seminole. Miami has talked about possibly adding a QB as well, so keep an eye on Vanderbilt QB Jordan Rogers. Props to ToneOz, one of our members that had Rodgers in his mock draft in the 7th round.


Awesome mock draft man, I think the perfect scenario would be taking Eifert at 12, and both Armstead and Banks in the 2nd. I can't stand the idea of the Albert trade after declining offers from Long. There is no logic in it.

_________________
Image


Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:37 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 6006
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Awesome mock draft man, I think the perfect scenario would be taking Eifert at 12, and both Armstead and Banks in the 2nd. I can't stand the idea of the Albert trade after declining offers from Long. There is no logic in it.


Albert fits the zone scheme and has a better health track record. I have no problem with Miami letting Long go and waiting to see if Martin got stronger. I think we all would be regretting a big contract for Long, especially when he gets hurt by week 12.


Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:03 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21757
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I can't stand the idea of the Albert trade after declining offers from Long. There is no logic in it.


I don't understand the logic you're using.

Right now, Albert is a better, less injury prone player than Long. He is worth more at this point.

You pay more for better quality.

_________________
Image


Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:03 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 1913
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
Rich wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I can't stand the idea of the Albert trade after declining offers from Long. There is no logic in it.


I don't understand the logic you're using.

Right now, Albert is a better, less injury prone player than Long. He is worth more at this point.

You pay more for better quality.


You see logic in letting the 1st overall pick, all pro LT leave for less money than what you would give to a player of less caliber, AND lose a 2nd round pick?

_________________
Image


Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:21 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
Jake hasn't been close to All-Pro since 2010.

Like Rich said, Branden is the better player, better fit, and safer player medically.


Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:23 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21757
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
You see logic in letting the 1st overall pick, all pro LT leave for less money than what you would give to a player of less caliber, AND lose a 2nd round pick?


Jamarcus Russell was a 1st overall pick. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

Do you know how high Albert was picked? Maybe you should check that out before referencing draft position...

_________________
Image


Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:31 am
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 9170
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
Rich wrote:
degs wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
I'm hoping for this scenario.
Trade Back In The 1st Round (Add 2nd Round Pick)
1st Round - Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame
2nd Round - Sylvester Williams - DT - North Carolina
2nd Round - Traded to KC for Branden Albert
2nd Round - Damontre Moore - DE/OLB - Texas A&M
2nd Round - Johnthan Banks - CB - Mississippi State
3rd Round - Traded in deal for 2nd round pick.
3rd Round - David Amerson - CB - North Carolina State
4th Round - Ryan Swope - WR - Texas A&M
5th Round - Traded in deal for 2nd round pick.
5th Round - Mike Gillislee - RB - Florida
7th Round - Traded in deal for 2nd round pick.
7th Round - Dustin Hopkins - K - Florida State

Trade Randy Starks, Davone Bess, and Dan Carpenter for future picks in 2014 draft.


How did you wind up with 3 2nd round picks, plus one traded away for Albert?


Didn't you hear? Teams are willing to give up 2nd round picks for 5th and 7th round picks now.



Wow! Turn in your Nostradamus cap buddy. You're fired!

:)


.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:42 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3462
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
jammer wrote:
I'd be very very happy with that draft Tony. Nice job. Lets just hope that both Cleveland and the Jets pass on Eifert in the top 10. Both appear pretty desperate for a TE receiving target.



Thanks guys....jam, I almost wished I would have waited until Wednesday Night to do it. This is going to be a very volatile 1st round, and Miami could be right in the middle of it looking to trade up or trade down.

In the end, I just want to see Miami have a very solid draft to build on a very strong free agency periond.

The finishing pieces could be put in place for a young team that can possibly contend for a long period of time.

_________________
Image


Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:17 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2438
Location: NSW, Australia
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
You see logic in letting the 1st overall pick, all pro LT leave for less money than what you would give to a player of less caliber, AND lose a 2nd round pick?


You don't pay a guy in his second contract for where he was picked in the draft. You do that based off of NFL performance, on-field/off-field issues and health.

Jake is a FORMER all-pro with poor health and declining skills.

Personally, I would give Albert far more than I would have given to Jake.


Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:10 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
degs wrote:
You don't pay a guy in his second contract for where he was picked in the draft. You do that based off of NFL performance, on-field/off-field issues and health.

Jake is a FORMER all-pro with poor health and declining skills.

Personally, I would give Albert far more than I would have given to Jake.



This.

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
phinsfansc wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
I'm hoping for this scenario.
Trade Back In The 1st Round (Add 2nd Round Pick)
1st Round - Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame
2nd Round - Sylvester Williams - DT - North Carolina
2nd Round - Traded to KC for Branden Albert
2nd Round - Damontre Moore - DE/OLB - Texas A&M
2nd Round - Johnthan Banks - CB - Mississippi State
3rd Round - Traded in deal for 2nd round pick.
3rd Round - David Amerson - CB - North Carolina State
4th Round - Ryan Swope - WR - Texas A&M
5th Round - Traded in deal for 2nd round pick.
5th Round - Mike Gillislee - RB - Florida
7th Round - Traded in deal for 2nd round pick.
7th Round - Dustin Hopkins - K - Florida State

Trade Randy Starks, Davone Bess, and Dan Carpenter for future picks in 2014 draft.




WOW wkloiber, you want to trade that group? I can see Davone being traded because that talk is out there. But Starks and Carpenter too?

I had this discussion with cspoon on Ryan Swope, and while I like him as a prospect, I am scared to death of Swope due to his issues with concussions.


Williams would replace Starks along side Soliai. Odrick would move inside into the rotation as well with newcomer Vaughn Martin. Moore would replace Odrick and split time with Vernon opposite Wake. We get younger, faster, and more athletic in the process.

As far as Carpenter is concerned, I simply want competition for him in camp. If he's blowing Hopkins out of the water (which I suspect he won't), then we keep him. If not, the job is Hopkins.

With Swope, we honestly don't even need to take him in the 4th. We could look at another offensive lineman (like Barrett Jones - Alabama) or another cornerback (Brandon McGee - Miami). Heck, we could even add another defensive tackle (William Gholston - Michigan State).


Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:19 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
I've got Miami taking Swope in the third.

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:22 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
Big Dave wrote:

Wow! Turn in your Nostradamus cap buddy. You're fired!

:)


.


The 76th, 140th, and 204th picks total out to 256 points, or just shy of 270, which is the last pick of the 2nd round. My calculations were a bit short (14 points - I underestimated how few points a 7th was worth). If this deal were going get done it would require the 76th, 108th, and 204th to get done properly, or in other words a 3rd, 4th, and 7th to move up to get a late 2nd. Either way, I'd make the move. Swope isn't a necessary pick. You could take someone else in the 5th.


Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:25 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2438
Location: NSW, Australia
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
wkloiber13 wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

Wow! Turn in your Nostradamus cap buddy. You're fired!

:)


.


The 76th, 140th, and 204th picks total out to 256 points, or just shy of 270, which is the last pick of the 2nd round. My calculations were a bit short (14 points - I underestimated how few points a 7th was worth). If this deal were going get done it would require the 76th, 108th, and 204th to get done properly, or in other words a 3rd, 4th, and 7th to move up to get a late 2nd. Either way, I'd make the move. Swope isn't a necessary pick. You could take someone else in the 5th.



We started with 2 2nd round picks. You traded away 1 for Albert. You use a 3, 5 and 7 for a second 2nd round pick. How did you get the third second round pick?


Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:29 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3462
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
cspooner13 wrote:
I've got Miami taking Swope in the third.



This is a kid that I wonder what teams medical are on him. Multiple concussions have to be a MAJOR concern.

_________________
Image


Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:58 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Post Re: Final Miami Mock Draft
As you well know, I'm not as scared of the concussions as some people are

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FINesse, Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.