View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Florida State Tank Carradine runs 
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Florida State Tank Carradine runs
4.75 40 today in his workout for scouts. That is pretty darn amazing coming off a torn ACL in November. He has nice size for a 4-3 DE at 6'4, 276 lbs.

I have said that I thought Tank had more upside that Bjoern Werner, and I stick by that statement. Here is the post from Rotoworld.com.

Florida State DE Tank Carradine (ACL surgery) ran a 4.75 forty at his Pro Day workout Saturday.
Source: Joe Reedy on Twitter

Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:00 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Florida State Tank Carradine runs
The only reason why I hate this is because I wanted this guy in the 3rd as a sleeper lol

Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:37 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

ag_fin_90 wrote:
The only reason why I hate this is because I wanted this guy in the 3rd as a sleeper lol

That cat has been out the bag for a few weeks now ag. I have seen him mocked late 1st to mid 2nd now for a few weeks. This takes it to another level now.

While he is not cutting yet, he has made a remarkable recover considering he tore his ACL in November against Florida.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:40 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

phinsfansc wrote:
ag_fin_90 wrote:

That cat has been out the bag for a few weeks now ag. I have seen him mocked late 1st to mid 2nd now for a few weeks. This takes it to another level now.

While he is not cutting yet, he has made a remarkable recover considering he tore his ACL in November against Florida.

I mean I thought 1st round from the first month he got to start at FSU. I love this guy he is a big time pass rusher with the size to stop the run also so he was a guy I really wanted it sucks

Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:55 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I really don't think that it's going to happen anymore, but I'm still holding out hope that Miami can make a trade with someone to move back down in the first round, maybe with Minnesota, and pick this guy up later in the first. I think that he'd definitely be a reach for us at 12 (as does any sane person), but I don't think that he will be there when we go to pick in the second round. After doing some homework on the guy, I think he's a first round talent and would be picked ahead of Bjoern Werner if it weren't for the injury.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Fact is, if this guy doesn't tear his ACL, he's a first rounder along with Werner. I really hope the Dolphins would've taken him with their early second round pick, but as it looks right now, that's not gonna happen.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:10 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

TommyNoleFin wrote:
Fact is, if this guy doesn't tear his ACL, he's a first rounder along with Werner. I really hope the Dolphins would've taken him with their early second round pick, but as it looks right now, that's not gonna happen.

From everything i've been seeing he's still most likely going in the 1st round. Steelers and Giants would be all over this guy. It's a down year for 34 OLB's so his value should be even higher.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:28 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If he's there in the 2nd round, he's a fit. But at the same time I've read reports that Olivier Vernon has packed on muscle this offseason and has been working out at the team facility since January. So if we do draft a pass rusher, they'll have some serious competition for playing time between Vernon and Odrick. In addition, how do you divide up playing time between Odrick, Vernon, and Carradine? That becomes the bigger question. In my opinion, whoever we draft will need to develop on the bench for a season. For that reason, I'd feel much better off taking a pass rusher in the 4th or 5th round. Someone like Brandon Jenkins would make a great developmental prospect, similar to when we drafted Vernon last year. That way you can let Odrick and Vernon handle the position again this year, and when Odrick likely moves inside next year you can upgrade Jenkins and let him split time with Vernon. While I like Carradine as a prospect, thats an aweful high pick for someone who might not even see the field unless its on special teams. In my opinion I don't think he'll be able to beat out Odrick and Vernon.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:38 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

wkloiber13 wrote:
If he's there in the 2nd round, he's a fit. But at the same time I've read reports that Olivier Vernon has packed on muscle this offseason and has been working out at the team facility since January. So if we do draft a pass rusher, they'll have some serious competition for playing time between Vernon and Odrick. In addition, how do you divide up playing time between Odrick, Vernon, and Carradine? That becomes the bigger question. In my opinion, whoever we draft will need to develop on the bench for a season. For that reason, I'd feel much better off taking a pass rusher in the 4th or 5th round. Someone like Brandon Jenkins would make a great developmental prospect, similar to when we drafted Vernon last year. That way you can let Odrick and Vernon handle the position again this year, and when Odrick likely moves inside next year you can upgrade Jenkins and let him split time with Vernon. While I like Carradine as a prospect, thats an aweful high pick for someone who might not even see the field unless its on special teams. In my opinion I don't think he'll be able to beat out Odrick and Vernon.

I disagree. I don't see anything wrong with the idea of having a rotating system of Vernon, Odrick, and Carradine. Keep all of them fresher longer. He doesn't need to beat out Odrick or Vernon, I don't see any reason why all three of them can't see significant time on the field, like what the New York Giants did a few years back when they had Michael Strahan, JPP, and Osi. Granted, that was a bit of a different circumstance with Strahan on the downtrend of his career, but rotating can be done successfully.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]