View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 AFCME's First Official 2013 NFL Mock Draft *Revised* 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post AFCME's First Official 2013 NFL Mock Draft *Revised*
I revised my first mock a bit and am confident this is my final version going into the draft. I decided to go with the better value in CB DJ Hayden instead of J. Banks, and substituted Banks with the 42nd pick with OT Terron Armstead.

I believe this would solve our offensive line problems (for now), and the only hole we would have to focus on would be DE. I would solve this by signing J. Abraham in free agency instead of OT Eric Winston. Give me some feedback guys, tell me what you think.

1) Tyler Eifert – TE Notre Dame (I would explore any "trade down" scenario by getting him at a better value while adding another draft pick (likely a 3rd rounder)

2a) Terron Armstead OT Arkansas Pine Bluff
2b) Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
3a) DJ Hayden CB Houston
3b) Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State

*Sign John Abraham in Free Agency as DE*

Tavon Austin was the guy I wanted the past few weeks at 12, but Eifert seems like the safer, and overall better pick now. There is no telling if Keller will be here after the 2013 season closes. Eifert is a near lock to be a serviceable tight end, and displays INCREDIBLE hands when in tight windows, and there is no one better at the tight end position during jump ball situations.

At 6'6, Eifert has the height you want in your starting tight end, and solid footwork to make open field defenders miss. He has above average speed for his position to run the seam and has the agility of a WR.

(I will discuss the rest in comments. )

Last edited by AFCMiamiEast on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:54 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: AFCME's First "Unofficial" 2013 NFL Mock Draft
Nice job man. I would be happy with Tyler Eifert, more weapons equal more TDS.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:58 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
Nice job man. I would be happy with Tyler Eifert, more weapons equal more TDS.

Thanks, and I have read some scouting reports and draft analysis on Carradine, and his draft projection is all over the place. I'd definitely explore some kind of trade to get him if he falls into the 2nd round, but some mocks also have him falling down to the third which would be a steal, and is where I have him in this mock. I think Margus Hunt may be a decent substitute at DE if we couldn't get Carradine, but he is reported to be a bit of a project so we'll see.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I like the mock so long as the Dolphins are able to secure another offensive tackle via trade or free agency. I like Eifert, Banks, Hunter, and Carradine.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:02 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'm beginning to come around to the idea of Eifert as the pick at 12. He is a great athlete at a position that is becoming more and more important in the NFL. And you can never have too many playmakers. As long as we do something to address our issues at LT, I love this mock draft. I personally like Banks more than his counterpart Slay. Justin Hunter would be a great pick for us, especially when you factor in how much talk there is about NE wanting to take him. Carradine and Bell are great picks as well. Great job!

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

wkloiber13 wrote:
I like the mock so long as the Dolphins are able to secure another offensive tackle via trade or free agency. I like Eifert, Banks, Hunter, and Carradine.

I originally had us taking Kyle Long in the 2nd, but liked Banks and Hunter a lot more. I would sign Winston to a short term $3.5m annual deal at RT and see how Martin does manning the LT. He comes off as a kid who is really dedicated to improving and striving for greatness, I haven't heard any knocks on his work ethic, and being from Stanford is definitely a plus. I know many don't, but I have faith in him to take it up a notch in 2013.

Quote:
I'm beginning to come around to the idea of Eifert as the pick at 12. He is a great athlete at a position that is becoming more and more important in the NFL. And you can never have too many playmakers. As long as we do something to address our issues at LT, I love this mock draft. I personally like Banks more than his counterpart Slay. Justin Hunter would be a great pick for us, especially when you factor in how much talk there is about NE wanting to take him. Carradine and Bell are great picks as well. Great job!

Thanks, I appreciate it. Adding Eifert and Hunter really gives the offense a special quality of height for Tannehill to work with, and Hunter has a 39.5' vertical leap, I truly believe the kid could be an Olympic athlete if he wanted to. Tannehill can chuck the ball up more deep with these guys once he gains that chemistry with them because they will come up on top in jump ball situations more often than not.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:30 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
1) Tyler Eifert (I would explore all trade down options before drafting him at 12.)

2a) Johnthan Banks CB - Mississippi State

2b) Justin Hunter WR - Tennessee

3a) Cornellius Carradine DE - Florida State

3b) Le'veon Bell RB - Michigan State

Tavon Austin was the guy I wanted the past few weeks at 12, but Eifert seems like the safer, and overall better pick now. There is no telling if Keller will be here after the 2013 season closes. Eifert is a near lock to be a serviceable tight end, and displays INCREDIBLE hands when in tight windows, and there is no one better at the tight end position during jump ball situations.

At 6'6, Eifert has the height you want in your starting tight end, and solid footwork to make open field defenders miss. He has above average speed for his position to run the seam and has the agility of a WR.

I like what you have put together young fella. I will say that if you want Tank Carradine, you are going to have to probably trade up as you said. I am seeing him late 1st, early 2nd at the latest.

I'm like a lot of the guys and coming around on Tyler Eifert, although I still think he is a better value in the early 20's. Hint hint, hopeful for trade down.

Justin Hunter is certainly value in the 2nd round. A kid to look for if he is there in the 2nd round at CB is D.J Hayden of Houston. His stock and Jamar Taylor's have taken off. I had Jamar to Miami at #42, but he may now go late 1st round.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:44 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

I originally had us taking Kyle Long in the 2nd, but liked Banks and Hunter a lot more. I would sign Winston to a short term $3.5m annual deal at RT and see how Martin does manning the LT. He comes off as a kid who is really dedicated to improving and striving for greatness, I haven't heard any knocks on his work ethic, and being from Stanford is definitely a plus. I know many don't, but I have faith in him to take it up a notch in 2013.

Quote:

Thanks, I appreciate it. Adding Eifert and Hunter really gives the offense a special quality of height for Tannehill to work with, and Hunter has a 39.5' vertical leap, I truly believe the kid could be an Olympic athlete if he wanted to. Tannehill can chuck the ball up more deep with these guys once he gains that chemistry with them because they will come up on top in jump ball situations more often than not.

There are rumors emerging that Allen and Patteson could both slip into the 2nd round due to character concerns. Patterson went rockstar on his combine room and Allen popped on a drug test. While I think Patterson will still go late in the 1st, wouldn't it be amazing if he slid all the way to us in the middle 2nd round? Could you imagine if we were able to add Patterson and Banks in the 2nd round? Talk about playmakers.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:46 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinsfansc wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
1) Tyler Eifert (I would explore all trade down options before drafting him at 12.)

2a) Johnthan Banks CB - Mississippi State

2b) Justin Hunter WR - Tennessee

3a) Cornellius Carradine DE - Florida State

3b) Le'veon Bell RB - Michigan State

I like what you have put together young fella. I will say that if you want Tank Carradine, you are going to have to probably trade up as you said. I am seeing him late 1st, early 2nd at the latest.

I'm like a lot of the guys and coming around on Tyler Eifert, although I still think he is a better value in the early 20's. Hint hint, hopeful for trade down.

Justin Hunter is certainly value in the 2nd round. A kid to look for if he is there in the 2nd round at CB is D.J Hayden of Houston. His stock and Jamar Taylor's have taken off. I had Jamar to Miami at #42, but he may now go late 1st round.

Thanks man, I revised it a bit and got better value at the CB position in DJ Hayden so we can draft Armstead OT with pick 42. As I said unofficial before, I'm confident this is my last version going into the draft. With the offensive line being solved (for now), I wouldn't draft a DE high and would sign John Abraham in free agency. The guy had like 17+ sacks a couple years ago, I couldn't imagine pairing the guy up with Wake, talk about laying Brady out on his butt.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]