View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 John Abraham 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Post Re: John Abraham
Quote:
Bears beat writer Dan Pompei believes SMU DE Margus Hunt is the type of player Packers GM Ted Thompson likes.
Pompei slotted Hunt to the Packers with pick No. 26. If we are expected to believe the buzz from league insiders, Hunt is locked into the first-round. His athletic upside warrants the pick, but his tape as an end in a three man front does not. Teams will like his special teams ability, however.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:22 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Doesn't mean he's undraftable

Agreed.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:09 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:
Hunt's being talked about as a possible late 1st round pick. And definitely the top of the 2nd round.

Then I must be seeing some bad information, because I've never seen him talked about before the 3rd round until seeing this. Which fits a lot better with my opinion of him than what I had been seeing.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:24 pm
Profile WWW

cspooner13 wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
Hunt's being talked about as a possible late 1st round pick. And definitely the top of the 2nd round.

Then I must be seeing some bad information, because I've never seen him talked about before the 3rd round until seeing this. Which fits a lot better with my opinion of him than what I had been seeing.

Spoon I keep reading alot of analysts say he is more hype than substance, but that they believe teams are falling in love with his measurables and workouts. Very Mamula-like in my opinion. I also think he is a 3rd round guy but just this past week he's been getting a ton of 1st round buzz. But he did have something like 16 blocked kicks in college.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:04 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

cspooner13 wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
If the Dolphins want another DE, I hope they look for one in the middle rounds, similar to when they picked up Vernon last year.

I would like to see them give a look at Margus Hunt if they want to draft a DE in the middle rounds. He should be there in the 4th or 5th according to projections, though I think he's more of a third round talent

Really? 4th or 5th round? Everything I've read is the kid is a solid 2nd round pick all day long. Especially when you consider how crazy teams get when looking for pass rushers. If Hunt is still there in the 4th or 5th you'd really have to give him some consideration.

I personally like Hunt quite a bit, but I just feel that a 2nd round pick is too high for him. Even at a 3rd round price I feel we could get better value. I put his value at about a 4th round grade. But if I had to pick between Hunt and Jenkins, it would be a tough pick to make. While Hunt is explosive, he's a bit of a "tweener", and Jenkins is more of a pure 4-3 DE pass-rusher. If we're strictly looking for a pure pass rusher to develop, I like Jenkins over Hunt. If we're looking for a big hybrid player, similar to Odrick, then I think Gholston from Michigan State is in a dead tie with Hunt, but I'd give the edge to Gholston because he has more football experience and he's much younger.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2