View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 With Taylor, Dolphins style is lacking 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post With Taylor, Dolphins style is lacking
Quote:
The Miami Dolphins like Jason Taylor. They say he's a good player and sincerely believe they have a good relationship with him. Coach Tony Sparano believes he and Taylor are as tight as an employer-employee relationship allows, while general manager Jeff Ireland believes he and Taylor's agent Gary Wichard have an open and honest association.

So the Dolphins are not seriously sweating Taylor's visit to the New York Jets.

The Dolphins know what Taylor would like to be paid in 2010 and they say Wichard knows the value they have placed on Taylor. No, the Dolphins haven't made an official contract offer to Wichard for reasons they believe to be sound business, but they insist "everyone knows where everyone stands." There is, by the way, a difference of opinion between the parties about Taylor's value.

But, the Dolphins believe if Taylor gets an offer from the Jets Thursday, or anyone else in the coming days, they will have the opportunity to adjust their opinion.

The Dolphins believe they will have a chance to match any offer any team makes Taylor.

Perhaps that is true. Perhaps it isn't. But that's what the Dolphins believe. So from a purely cold, unemotional, business aspect, nothing the Dolphins are doing really can be deemed wrong or a mistake.

But ...

Dealing with Jason Taylor is not and cannot be just about cold hard facts. It cannot be just about legal tender green dollars.

Taylor wants to be loved, maybe even wooed. He definitely wants to be shown respect because after 13 NFL seasons he rightly believes he's earned that. And the New York Jets are showing him that love and respect at a time when Taylor doesn't think the Dolphins are.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... z0kTRAa2Bm

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: With Taylor, Dolphins style is lacking
The love comes from the fans...but you lose it if you flirt with New England, New York, or Buffalo.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:37 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

I dunno. I think Taylor wants and deserves some measure of respect, but I think JT is also smart. He saw what playing hardball did with this regime. NADA. It's their way or the highway. For all we know they could have said to JT 'in a friendly way' this is what we are willing to pay you, and if you get a better offer, we'll decide whether to match it.

Of course Ryan would do anything to strengthen his position, and JT will be offered more than Miami's initial tender. I think Miami is a 50-50 shot at matching it. JT has stated publicly that he could never play for the Jets. Since he has plenty of money already, if he compromised that and became a member of gangrene, I would still think he was a great player but his luster would diminish considerably.

I believe he takes whatever Miami's final offer is to him. I hope that happens. With Porter gone, I wouldn't mind seeing the rotation of JT and CW from the weakside. Facing those two all game is a tough nut for ANY LT (I believe JT still has some gas in the tank. He's not the player he once was, but on the strongside opposite Porter he still got 7 sacks, 1 Int, 5 PD, 3 FF, 1 FR, 1 RRTD. I mean, remember a year ago when a lot of folks were screeching about losing Matt Roth there, and that we'd miss him? Roth 2008 5 Sacks, 4 PD and 2 FF, 0 FR, 0 Ints, 0 TDs. Uh nah, we didn't miss him).

There is also absolutely no length to which Ryan will go, not only to aggrandize himself and his position, but to antagonize ParSparLand. He'll offer JT hefty money if for nothing else than to steal an effective player from the staff that smacked him around. He flapped his gums before game one then watched in shock as the Real Orange Crush munched his W-L record and the 'failure' Ginn burn his best CB like he was day-old toast. He then flapped his gums some more before the rematch and watched in horror as JT took one to the house and Ginn took in two from his own endzone. This Jabba-wannabe was shooting the bird at fans in Miami, yammering about wanting two wins against the Dolphins this year. You don't think he'd like to tweak some beaks?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:54 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

he wont get respect by playing for the jets.pats

this guy should of been resigned at the end of last year
played out of position and did very well

sparano and co are getting a list together of what not to have done

draft white and turner ,nalbone
fa wilford ,re signed crowder , signed wilson and some more

i hope to hell we draft well this year !!!!

and resigned penn and not n jones!!!!!

Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:23 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

i would move jt back to the weak side now porters gone ,him and wake looks gd for me

add a strong side guy in the 1st or 2nd round and spell him with anderson and after all the who ha in the off season ,our lb`s dont look that bad

but if jerry hughes slipped to us in 2nd round i would grab him pronto , then taylor may have to play strong side again???

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:06 am

The more I think about it, and every1 knows how big I am on Earl Thomas the Texas S, but if Taylor does come back, I actually feel good about JT and CW at WOLB. I would consider us solid there, and certainly with Dansby/Crowder you feel better about ILB than with Ayodele/Crowder. If JT does come back and that move is made, then it becomes veeeeerrrryyy tempting to get a guy @#12 who can be the SOLB (maybe even a hybrid-type converted DE) in a 3-4 even though that leaves the holes still there at NT and S.
If JT moves on (again), then Pass Rush becomes critical need #1 (over S and DT). If we can't rush the passer in the AFCE we're dead. The two top sack guys from the year before will have departed, leaving a huge gap that is imperative to fill.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:01 am
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

I know it's a business, let me just get that out there. I don't care what the circumstances are. If he goes to the Jets of his own free will, he is dead to me. Jersey gets burned, all autographed merchandise burned, done! Don't try to rationalize it for me, save it for someone else, this is the way I feel, this is what will happen. I would almost be willing to buy a ticket to his ring of honor ceremony just to boo, anyone but the Jets Jason, anyone but the Jets!

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:48 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

ytnewton wrote:
I know it's a business, let me just get that out there. I don't care what the circumstances are. If he goes to the Jets of his own free will, he is dead to me. Jersey gets burned, all autographed merchandise burned, done! Don't try to rationalize it for me, save it for someone else, this is the way I feel, this is what will happen. I would almost be willing to buy a ticket to his ring of honor ceremony just to boo, anyone but the Jets Jason, anyone but the Jets!

:) :)
Sometimes I think we Dolphin fans & Jet fans deserve each other.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:59 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

If Jason Taylor signs with the Jets, I will sacrifice a goat in the name of Tiamat Ktulu to curse Taylor for the rest of his life and his existence in the afterlife.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:04 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
If Jason Taylor signs with the Jets, I will sacrifice a goat in the name of Tiamat Ktulu to curse Taylor for the rest of his life and his existence in the afterlife.

The afterlife, too? I think you're going to need a bigger animal;)

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:38 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

As long as he signs a big $ contract and matches his performance with the skins him on the jests will be ok with me.. :fart:

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:41 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

ytnewton wrote:

I'm not going to rationalize it for you.
BUT, don't burn his stuff, send it to me. I'll keep it and love it. :yay:

That goes for anyone wanting to get rid of his stuff. I'll gladly take it!

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:55 am
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

No apologies, burn baby burn!

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:24 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Rich wrote:

HAHAHAHA :)

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]