View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Dolphins interested in freeney? 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Dolphins interested in freeney?
http://fansided.com/2013/03/26/miami-do ... ource=t.co

Theres the URL to the article, don't agree when he says the D was worse then the O last year, but how do you guys feel about this?

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:19 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: Dolphins interested in freeney?
This article is a load of crap.

Let's start with the first sentence:

"The Miami Dolphins swung and missed with free agent defensive end Elvis Dumervil"

Seriously?

Not even worth reading the rest.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:31 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Last I heard is Freeney wants $6 Million per season deal. Although he would be nice to have on the right side as an edge rusher opposite Wake, not for that kind of money.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:34 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Miami's offense was ranked 27th last year. Their defense was ranked 12th.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:36 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

No corners are really in the picture that stand out "yet", but either way, whether you keep grooming Vernon or not, another edge rusher opposite Wake to disrupt the QB and help the corners out is a necessity. They were 12th last year, but how many times did the QB's sit back and pick us apart? Wake cant be on all the time and Vernon is still growing into his NFL role, so a veteran pick up would be nice if they can work out reasonable contract numbers.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:39 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If the deal is right (low $ / short term), then I have no problem adding Freeney. But something tells me he'll be packing his things and heading to Denver to reunite with Manning and try to win another Super Bowl. The talk here in Denver is that the Broncos are very interested in either Freeney or Abraham. The sense here is that one or the other will wind up signing with the Broncos, but the favorite at this point is Freeney.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:55 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

bobby0112 wrote:

Exactly my case for Tavon Austin with the 12th pick!

Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:56 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MdDolfan wrote:
bobby0112 wrote:

I think we're pretty much set at receiver with Wallace, Hartline, Bess, Gibson, and Matthews. I seriously doubt we reach for Austin at 12 and trade away Bess in the process to make room for him. While he is an explosive player, he's undersized and a little overrated in my opinion. I think he's not even in the top three of receivers in this years class. I would place him 5th behind Patterson, Allen, Williams, and Hunter. If the Dolphins want to add another receiver, they need to look for someone with size. A big redzone target for Tannehill with some YAC capability.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:47 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

MdDolfan wrote:
bobby0112 wrote:

I'd say its more likely that Miami grabs a pass rusher, O-lineman or CB with that 1st round pick.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:47 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

wkloiber13 wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:
bobby0112 wrote:

I think we're pretty much set at receiver with Wallace, Hartline, Bess, Gibson, and Matthews. I seriously doubt we reach for Austin at 12 and trade away Bess in the process to make room for him. While he is an explosive player, he's undersized and a little overrated in my opinion. I think he's not even in the top three of receivers in this years class. I would place him 5th behind Patterson, Allen, Williams, and Hunter. If the Dolphins want to add another receiver, they need to look for someone with size. A big redzone target for Tannehill with some YAC capability.

You might get your feeling hurt if the Dolphins take Tavon then, because I still think he is very much in play.

In regards to Freeney, he wants 6 mill/per year and he does not want to participate in training camp. He will not be in Miami with that being the case.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:

You might get your feeling hurt if the Dolphins take Tavon then, because I still think he is very much in play.

In regards to Freeney, he wants 6 mill/per year and he does not want to participate in training camp. He will not be in Miami with that being the case.

I think the Dolphins are going to go defense in the 1st round by the way things are shaping up. If they do go offense, it will likely be because a solid OT prospect like Lane Johnson falls to them and they want to upgrade the right tackle position, or maybe even make the rookie the left tackle and slide Martin back over to right tackle. I'd say there is a less than 10% chance we draft Austin.

As far as Freeney goes, I'd be amenable to him being limited in training camp, but I wouldn't completely give him a pass on it. If he wants to skip training camp, I think he's going to find it tough for someone to trust him like that other than Indy.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]