View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Hilliard works on speed, strength 
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Post Hilliard works on speed, strength
Quote:
Miami Dolphins fullback Lex Hilliard isn't waiting for training camp to get in shape. Even though the 2010 season is still months away, the Coral Springs resident is working his way through a series of vigorous training sessions.

"I'd like to be faster and stronger than the year before," he said.

Hilliard moved to Coral Springs earlier this year because he liked its "nice, slow pace."

"Also," he said, "it's close enough for when I have to drive to the [Dolphins'] facility and far enough to where I don‘t have to live in a town where there is a lot of traffic."

Hilliard, a native of Montana, began developing his athletic talents at a young age. He started playing flag football for a recreational city league when he was about 6 years old. His talents were soon evident, as he began playing tackle football and later excelled at the middle school level. He began playing varsity football as a high school sophomore while also participating in wrestling and track.

More: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 9319.story

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:14 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Hilliard works on speed, strength
I don't care about the speed. If he could add a little Ronnie Brown-like shiftiness to his game, he could be a very good RB.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:26 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Got excellent hands, too...20 passes thrown his way, 20 catches for 158 yards and 2 TDs.
With his combined rushes, the kid had:

43 touches, 247 yards, 3 TDs, 9 Missed Tackles and 10 First Downs...not to mention 0 fumbles.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:48 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I am still miffed why Sparano was so reluctant to use this guy more down the stretch last year. Hard runner, great hands, and productive in limited touches. I hope he sticks around and has a bigger role in the future.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:51 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

The Hen wrote:
Quote:

Hilliard moved to Coral Springs earlier this year because he liked its "nice, slow pace."

"Also," he said, "it's close enough for when I have to drive to the [Dolphins'] facility and far enough to where I don‘t have to live in a town where there is a lot of traffic."

More: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 9319.story

Howdy neighbor :yay:

Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:54 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Which begs the question, why are so many thinking that Spiller would be a wise draft choice when we already have 4 very competent backs (without counting Sheets)?

Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:02 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phin wrote:
Which begs the question, why are so many thinking that Spiller would be a wise draft choice when we already have 4 very competent backs (without counting Sheets)?

I am not sure that I would take Spiller over Earl Thomas or some other players out there. But I am a firm believer that you draft the best available player.

A couple of years ago we passed on Anquan Boldin for Eddie Moore in the draft because we felt we were solid at receiver Derrius Thompson and Chris Chambers.

We have done this a few times, just ask Drew Brees.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:27 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I would'nt say best player available at that time... There is no need for Miami to pick a left gaurd or QB at # 12 even if the best player at 12 is that....

Best player at a position in need is a better way to look at it... I think Vonte is a good example of that... Wasnt exactly the best player overall when we picked him. But he was the best CB at that spot and was a position of need for us....

We passed on Clay Matthews... Candidate for ROY, 51 tackles, 10 sacks, 1 FF... The kid is a beast... But I think at that time we were more in need of a CB then a LB....

Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:10 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Phin wrote:

Thats how I feel too. Ronnie, pending a successful return from injury will be the starter, and Ricky his back up. I am fine with this, however I think it may be there last year together. Hilliard & Cobbs make nice compliments, and Sheets is in the mix.

I seriously wouldn't want to draft Spillar. RB isn't an issue. LB, S & NT are, and thats where our first 2 or 3 rounds should be targeted. Spillar may be very good, however, I would rather run with what we have and address the running game next year in the draft.

However if he is available at 12, and Bryant, Berry, McClain & Kindle are gone, then I am sure someone may be interested in trading up for him.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:58 pm

In all the debate we've had through these posts, we could all be sitting there going 'wow!' on day 1 if we hear something like this:

Goodell steps to the podium and is handed a slip of paper. The Dolphins are on the clock, and the Broncos have just drafted Rolando McClain.

"With the twelfth pick in the 2010 draft, Miami has...traded #12 to the...Dallas Cowboys for Dallas' #27 pick, their 3rd Rd. pick #90 and WR Miles Austin. Dallas has selected...Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State."

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:15 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

hilliard has progressed nicely , i thought out of the 2 j parmalee would be the 1 to be a gd player
and i was angry that the ravens grabbed him ,but hilliard has come along nicely and made me 4get about parmalee
,hilliard`s special teams play as well should not be forgot about ,[he may have topped it in tackles last year???]

Last edited by moley on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:49 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Yea Hilliard has been outstanding on special teams. I don't see them getting rid of him anytime soon as he definitely fills two roles with one roster spot.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:09 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I am also not for drafting a running back especially in the early rounds but I did hear somewhere that all our backs are in the last year of their contracts. Is that true?

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:29 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

cobbs ,williams and brown are for sure ,think hilliard is signed for a couple more years

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]